Notices
ECU Flash

Speed Density 2.0 (3D VE Tables, Baro)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2013, 01:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
AEM has no load variable. It's just KPA/IAT/CTS and RPM. It also has no VE table since you just change the fuel map until you get it dialed in to hit your target AFR. Since the stock ECU is based off a LOAD calculated system, it's riddled with load tables so much that its much easier to create a VE Table to help convert KPA to load.

The SRT-4's are a load based SD system with a VE table similar to how our ECU patch was created. AEM simply bypassed the load variable.

-Jamie
Old Feb 19, 2013, 02:02 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by Dynotech Tuning
AEM has no load variable. It's just KPA/IAT/CTS and RPM. It also has no VE table since you just change the fuel map until you get it dialed in to hit your target AFR. Since the stock ECU is based off a LOAD calculated system, it's riddled with load tables so much that its much easier to create a VE Table to help convert KPA to load.

The SRT-4's are a load based SD system with a VE table similar to how our ECU patch was created. AEM simply bypassed the load variable.

-Jamie
I was wondering if we could have kpa on our load axis and just use iat ign trims and such. But you said riddled.. Lol

I'm looking forward to a ms3 pro unit

Last edited by 211Ratsbud; Feb 19, 2013 at 02:05 PM.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 02:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 10isace
I'm using Omni 4 Bar.

I've never used another SD system, but I'm looking forward to trying one. Is AEM's a true SD?
Originally Posted by 211ratsbud
I was wondering if we could have kpa on our load axis and just use iat ign trims and such. But you said riddled.. Lol

I'm looking forward to a ms3 pro unit
Like Jamie said, the AEM Series I/II isn't "true" SD, it's more of a fuel pulsewidth lookup table. However, the new Infinity EMS which I'm running on my race car is a true VE airflow based model, and is pretty incredible. One big advantage of true SD is the lack of tuning time considering the fact it's a standalone. You fill in injector size, displacement, sensor data and the engine starts up and runs even with a "guess" of 70% VE in the whole map. If you're lucky like me and already have a VE map from a previous ECU (ECMLink V3 SD) then you just drop it in and have the thing dialed in literally minutes. But I digress.

Beau

Last edited by 99EclipseGSX; Feb 19, 2013 at 04:34 PM.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 04:14 PM
Former Sponsor

I never called v1/v2 a true SD. It's not as you pointed out. I thought you were saying it was which I why I posted.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 04:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Dynotech Tuning
I never called v1/v2 a true SD. It's not as you pointed out. I thought you were saying it was which I why I posted.
Sorry, worded my last post incorrectly, fixed that now. Didn't mean to sound like I was arguing!

Beau
Old Feb 22, 2013, 12:56 AM

Who set up this firmware ID1000
What values ​​installed

Injector Scaling - ?
Injector Latency - ?

Please share!
Old Feb 22, 2013, 01:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr.Nik
Who set up this firmware ID1000
What values ​​installed

Injector Scaling - ?
Injector Latency - ?

Please share!
see attachment below..

however scaling may vary from 812 to 860, so may latency, but just a bit, depending on your setup.
Attached Images  
Old Feb 22, 2013, 09:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by evo8426
Attached is what I use on several SD cars including my own for the map sensor and kpa to load.

To use fuel temp all I had to change was the 0x0E
Which map sensor are you using? I'm using the Omni 4 bar and my settings aren't working. Also which ROM are you on?

Thanks!
Old Feb 22, 2013, 10:56 PM
Evolved Member

Quick question. Setting my car up on SD 2.0 and it likes getting really rich when I give it any throttle. Since my kpa to load is 1:1 when I'm at 100 load I'm at 100 kpa correct?

Also, does anyone have the evoscan formula for logging kpa? Reading through a whole bunch of stuff, but can't seem to find it. Thanks. 8859 Rom

Last edited by tjac357; Feb 22, 2013 at 11:06 PM.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 08:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by tjac357
Quick question. Setting my car up on SD 2.0 and it likes getting really rich when I give it any throttle. Since my kpa to load is 1:1 when I'm at 100 load I'm at 100 kpa correct?

Also, does anyone have the evoscan formula for logging kpa? Reading through a whole bunch of stuff, but can't seem to find it. Thanks. 8859 Rom
Here you go: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/10653198-post75.html

Old Feb 24, 2013, 01:52 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It seems that I could solve my previous problems just switching from 9653 to 9417 rom. 3D SD works, the car generally feels the same as it was on MAF. I have made some logging on my MAF tune before trying SD and made a calculated VE table that brought me in the ball park. However a small jitter exists at 2-2,5K cruising. Jitter fix #1 made some difference, but haven't fully cured it.

The new problem that I have now is warm starts. Drive the car, shut it down, come back in 10 minutes and try to start it up - the car starts and dies immediately. If I catch it with throttle, it will hold the higher revs, but seems to be a bit lean. Sounds like IAT heatsoak?

It happened half way from work back home so I didnt have enough time to explore that problem, just have to drive back home. It drove fine and idled fine after a short run on the street.
If I shut it down and start it in less than 5 minutes or more than 20-30 minutes it behaves well and seems to have nop problems at idle except its a bit rich (13-ish)..

Has anyone experienced the similar problem?

Last edited by Biggy VIII; Feb 24, 2013 at 01:57 AM.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 06:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Which map sensor are you using? I'm using the Omni 4 bar and my settings aren't working. Also which ROM are you on?

Thanks!
I use the Mitsu 3 bar on my car and use the 8859 ROM. I do have settings for the Omni on another computer and can send your way later today.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 05:17 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks a ton! This made my weekend so much easier. Couldn't get VE to log though since it was say Load1Byte needed to be above VE for it to work and it was.

It's weird that while my kpa and load are close sometimes one is higher than the other and vise versa for no reason and my kpa to load table is 1:1. Not an issue, just an observation.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 05:24 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by tjac357
Thanks a ton! This made my weekend so much easier. Couldn't get VE to log though since it was say Load1Byte needed to be above VE for it to work and it was.

It's weird that while my kpa and load are close sometimes one is higher than the other and vise versa for no reason and my kpa to load table is 1:1. Not an issue, just an observation.
The KPA-to-LOAD is controlled by the 3D VE table when you have the 2D KPA-to-LOAD table set at a 1:1 ratio.

Example: If you have a VE of 50% in the 100KPA column, whenever you're at 100kpa, load will be (100KPA*50%= 50 load).

The reason you will see load differ sometimes from what your 3D VE table says it should be is because of other compensations that also affect the calculated load at times. Decel is the most common way to see a huge variance.

Evoscan has a glitch where it claims that one parameter needs to be above another, even though it already is correct. It says it every time I log VE but once I click 'OK', it logs fine.

-Jamie
The following users liked this post:
mines5 (Oct 18, 2016)
Old Feb 24, 2013, 05:33 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Biggy VIII
The new problem that I have now is warm starts. Drive the car, shut it down, come back in 10 minutes and try to start it up - the car starts and dies immediately. If I catch it with throttle, it will hold the higher revs, but seems to be a bit lean. Sounds like IAT heatsoak?
To first confirm its heatsoak and not the startup tables that need attention, you need to log the IAT readings to confirm its truly heatsoaking before you start the car under the conditions you mentioned.

-Jamie

Quick Reply: Speed Density 2.0 (3D VE Tables, Baro)