Notices
ECU Flash

Some questions about SD tuning from scratch

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2011, 09:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some questions about SD tuning from scratch

A little background: I have a 2g eclipse with an evo 8 ecu on SD. GM IAT in the uicp and an OMNI 4 Bar MAP. 1000cc inj, twin 255 pumps, afpr, 272 Cams, fmic, 4" intake,bbk 75mm tb, hx40, 3" exh, etc.

Right now im running a 96531706 rom and im starting from scratch as i didnt have a maf tune to base off of. I used the base settingsthat scheides posted in his SD how to thread and got the car running.

Now my questions are, do i just monitor fuel trims at idle and cruise, get those in line then move onto the ve tables, then do wot tuning? Or will i have to go back and do the injector scalling again after the ve tables are set then do the ve again?

Also when setting up the idle i have a bbk 75mm, meaning no biss screw, what tps values should i be looking for? Ive seen some say around 11.3% and others say 13-14%. I feel that this needs to be done first as it may affect everything else as im only seeing 12-13in at idle.

I know i will have more questions but this should keep me busy for a while. Thanks in advance for the help and a HUGE thanks to all the people who have made this possible.