Notices
ECU Flash

Samco intake pipe messing with maf?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2011, 04:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Samco intake pipe messing with maf?

I bought the samco silicone intake pipe and installed it on my wire while it was in storage.

Before I put the car away I was on the stock intake pipe and didn't have a problem at idle.

Since I took the car out about a month ago, warm up idle has been horrible idle surges and afrs all over the place between 13.5-18. On top of that I can't drive the car until the idle settles and wideband afrs are around stoich.

No vac leaks, boost leaks it's gotten very annoying. So I'm starting to wonder do I have to make any changes to the maf scalings?

Last edited by nytalonTSi; Apr 20, 2011 at 05:53 PM.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

Bump
Old Apr 21, 2011, 05:00 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm in no way a pro I have only a few months of ecu tuning.

I don't have the samco induction pipe but I have a Forced performance pipe made for the FP Green73HTA

I tried to make huge changes in those two tables to try and fix my afrs that where too rich when driving (despite my 0,x LTFT which can't be better)
- aifrlow hz/raw scaling
- maf compensation
- enabling/disabling the tephra rear o2 simulator
but in the end when in closed loop I always end up with the same values...an average of 14.3afr at idle and totally unstable afrs from 13.8 to 14.8

what do you mean by "I can't drive the car until it settles" ?

and what are your logged fuel trims ? Low and Mid ?
If your injectors scaling/latencies are too far off it seriously messes up your cold start, I tried it on purpose and it's making the car start at very high or very low AFRS like 19 or 9 AFR but that's only in the beginning..after a while it will settle to your usual afrs in closed loop

Last edited by Kakihara; Apr 21, 2011 at 05:07 AM.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 10:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kakihara
I'm in no way a pro I have only a few months of ecu tuning.

I don't have the samco induction pipe but I have a Forced performance pipe made for the FP Green73HTA

I tried to make huge changes in those two tables to try and fix my afrs that where too rich when driving (despite my 0,x LTFT which can't be better)
- aifrlow hz/raw scaling
- maf compensation
- enabling/disabling the tephra rear o2 simulator
but in the end when in closed loop I always end up with the same values...an average of 14.3afr at idle and totally unstable afrs from 13.8 to 14.8

what do you mean by "I can't drive the car until it settles" ?

and what are your logged fuel trims ? Low and Mid ?
If your injectors scaling/latencies are too far off it seriously messes up your cold start, I tried it on purpose and it's making the car start at very high or very low AFRS like 19 or 9 AFR but that's only in the beginning..after a while it will settle to your usual afrs in closed loop
My injector scalings and trims are all dead on to where my tuner set them. I haven't made any changes. I start the car up like maybe for 2 secs it's normal, afrs are stoich. Once the idle drops then it just surges for a few minutes so the afrs are all over between 13.5 and very lean.

At that moment the car will lose power if I try to drive it and the idle is surging.
If I rev it's fine, if I push the clutch in and rev motor it loses power and wants to stall unless I rev it past 2k.

Once the IDLE settles at 1000 there is no problem I can drive afrs are where they should be at idle, cruise, under boost. Only other that wasn't there before is when coming to a stop putting the car in neutral the idle used to drop where the set idle is now I have to be completely stopped to idle where the ecu is set.