Notices
ECU Flash

new to ecu flash and tephra need help

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2011, 02:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
new to ecu flash and tephra need help

i have been searching and searching for info on how to set this thing up and really cant find anything useful. i have downloaded the ecuflash from openecu.com. that is as far as i have gotten. can someone please help me on how to use and install the tephra v.7 or is this something totally different than ecuflash? i been looking for over a week at threads with peoples questions not related to any of mine so they are not helping. i understand how it works by reflashing ur ecu pretty much and allows you to edit things, but i cant even set it up and im becoming irritated. im not even going to order the tactrix cable until i figure this out cuz it would be a waste of money. please i need a detailed write up or link on how to do this. i tried downloading the tephra v7 but it would not open. and what is with all the roms with different numbers in front? im sorry if these are all super retarded questions but i have no idea and have already made myself feel stupid enough reading hours and hours but really getting nothing on how to do this. please please help. a link to something or having it alll explained would be awesome. i have read all the stickies and the main tephra v7 thread and cant figure any of this out. i would really like to use this, but if i cant figure this out aem ems here i come.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 02:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by awdordie
i have been searching and searching for info on how to set this thing up and really cant find anything useful. i have downloaded the ecuflash from openecu.com. that is as far as i have gotten. can someone please help me on how to use and install the tephra v.7 or is this something totally different than ecuflash? i been looking for over a week at threads with peoples questions not related to any of mine so they are not helping. i understand how it works by reflashing ur ecu pretty much and allows you to edit things, but i cant even set it up and im becoming irritated. im not even going to order the tactrix cable until i figure this out cuz it would be a waste of money. please i need a detailed write up or link on how to do this. i tried downloading the tephra v7 but it would not open. and what is with all the roms with different numbers in front? im sorry if these are all super retarded questions but i have no idea and have already made myself feel stupid enough reading hours and hours but really getting nothing on how to do this. please please help. a link to something or having it alll explained would be awesome. i have read all the stickies and the main tephra v7 thread and cant figure any of this out. i would really like to use this, but if i cant figure this out aem ems here i come.
read this thread
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...-tune-evo.html
then read this thread
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...hramod-v7.html

and dont forget to read all of the "stickied" threads on top of the thread pages.
u can also google "how to tune an evo" and a couple videos should come up also...

GL on your tuning adventure!
Old Apr 24, 2011, 02:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Keep reading, this isn't something that take 5 minutes to learn.

And with all the things we can do with the stock ecu, I can't see any reason to switch to an EMS or other standalone. Just take the time to learn, it'll be worth it. The threads nonschlont mentioned are a good start.

A couple more threads you should check:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...ead-links.html

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...-ecuflash.html (Highly recommended)

If you still have more questions after doing some more reading (you probably will, I know I did when I first started), then feel free to PM me and I'll help you out.