Notices
ECU Flash

AEM EUGO - white wire - EvoScan ??

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2011, 10:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AEM EUGO - white wire - EvoScan ??

Has anyone wired the white wire from their AEM Eugo directly to the stock ecu (without using a serial cable)? Similiar to how this is done with dsmlink in a 2g:

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/tuni...k-logging.html

If so could you please state how you did this and if you used the rear o2 which wire this is on the ecu? (I believe its pin 75, but i'm not sure of the color of the wire). http://www.evoscan.com/technical-veh...wiring-diagram

Thanks,
Old Apr 27, 2011, 10:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wired it into my IX at the rear o2 sensor plug, sorry i can't help you with pins or colors as the IX is different.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 10:27 PM

Thats ok, I just found this awesome chart, I believe the wire is white, pin 75.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...pin-chart.html

When you wired it to the rear o2 were there any issues? Did you have to cut the wire or just tap into it?

Thanks,
Old Apr 27, 2011, 10:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by boostnMA
Has anyone wired the white wire from their AEM Eugo directly to the stock ecu (without using a serial cable)? Similiar to how this is done with dsmlink in a 2g:

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/tuni...k-logging.html

If so could you please state how you did this and if you used the rear o2 which wire this is on the ecu? (I believe its pin 75, but i'm not sure of the color of the wire). http://www.evoscan.com/technical-veh...wiring-diagram

Thanks,
Its alot easier to do with a serial cable why hack the ECU its the Black and Blue wire and a serial to usb cable and boom done. Its two pins on a Female Connector Pins 5 & 9 I think I will have to look. My friend makes the Serial parts if you want I can see if he can get me one wired and have it shipped to you for a few bucks if you want just shoot me a PM.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 10:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by boostnMA
Thats ok, I just found this awesome chart, I believe the wire is white, pin 75.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...pin-chart.html

When you wired it to the rear o2 were there any issues? Did you have to cut the wire or just tap into it?

Thanks,
There were no problems, works fine. I stripped back some of the insulation on the wire and soldered directly to the wire with no cuts. I covered the exposed portion with electrical tape when all done.

Originally Posted by BEISSEN
Its alot easier to do with a serial cable why hack the ECU its the Black and Blue wire and a serial to usb cable and boom done. Its two pins on a Female Connector Pins 5 & 9 I think I will have to look. My friend makes the Serial parts if you want I can see if he can get me one wired and have it shipped to you for a few bucks if you want just shoot me a PM.
It logs faster through the ECU. Although you gotta play with offsets and crap in evoscan to get it to read dead on, whereas theres none of that fuss logging through serial cable.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 10:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Guerillah
It logs faster through the ECU. Although you gotta play with offsets and crap in evoscan to get it to read dead on, whereas theres none of that fuss logging through serial cable.
Oh ok, I have no issues with my USB connection and it read dead on as well and pretty fast dont know how much faster it can log lol.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 10:48 PM
Evolved Member

Oh ok, I have no issues with my USB connection and it read dead on as well and pretty fast dont know how much faster it can log lol.
I've read, havent experienced, that the serial reading will not line up in the logs with evoscan sometimes and you will have portions where the wideband data is not present. Besides that, some people probably don't want to have a serial cable chilling in there car at all times when it isnt necessary. Dunno
Old Apr 27, 2011, 10:57 PM
Evolved Member

I've read, havent experienced, that the serial reading will not line up in the logs with evoscan sometimes and you will have portions where the wideband data is not present. Besides that, some people probably don't want to have a serial cable chilling in there car at all times when it isnt necessary. Dunno
Well the Serial cable can be taken out lol I just permantly mounted it and I have yet to have a blank patch but hey if you all want to direct connect cool.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 05:13 AM

Although you gotta play with offsets and crap in evoscan to get it to read dead on, whereas theres none of that fuss logging through serial cable.
How do you do this? Just try and match it to what the gauge is reading? How off was it?
Old Apr 28, 2011, 05:16 AM

Thank you for your offer, but crimping 1 t-tap onto 1 ecu wire, seems much easier than soldering together a serial cable and having to run 2 cables everytime i log

I may even just cut the stock rear o2 wire a few inches from the ecu and use a male and a female spade connector to connect the wbo2 to the ecu wire. That way I'm not sending 5v to the rear o2 harness (possibly degrading the signal or causing a short) and I can always re-connect the stock rear o2 wire to the ecu, if need be. This is how I had it setup on my eclipse. Its only the rear o2 wire, nothing of importance.

Last edited by boostnMA; Apr 28, 2011 at 05:25 AM.