Notices
ECU Flash

Logging Issues with Tephra V7 94170715

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2011, 11:45 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Logging Issues with Tephra V7 94170715

Ok guys, first off sorry if this has been talked about before or for the fact that i might be retarded and it might be a simple fix that's out there somewhere. I searched for the info but some threads have hundreds of pages and i'm not sure i have the time to look through all of them.

A month ago i uploaded the tephra v7 94170715 off of the first page from the original thread. It's working great but i'm having issues logging some stuff and using Map tracer.

After i loaded the V7map i did a wot pull and tried using maptracer with evoscan 2.6 beta 6 (didn't know there were new ones out). it logged some stuff but they were funky. The values would would only show on the 0 rpm cell but did follow the load axis. I made sure that the byte rate was the same under ecuflash and the load value in evoscan which it was, at 1.2. So then i downloaded version 2.8.0005 and tried the same thing. still nothing. my boost is also not logging properly. none of them, i know there is about three of them. Interesting fact i found was that they all use the same request ID but the formulas differ. Then today i tuned my brothers Evo X with the new version of evoscan and map tracer worked just fine.

so my questions are,

How do i log boost properly with V7 and rom ID listed above?
do i have to be logging 2byte in order for Maptracer to work and that's why my brothers works since he's on mode23?
or should i be using evoscan version 2.7 for this to work?
are there any other changes i should know about that i need to make?

ps. i tried to follow all of the instructions i have found for uploading this, I don't think i missed anything but maybe i did along the way. Thanks for any help!

Last edited by criptballer; May 8, 2011 at 11:58 AM.
Old May 8, 2011, 12:06 PM
Evolving Member

well, one problem solved. You apparently need to use evoscan 2.7 in order to use maptracer.

Now, how do i log boost correctly?
Old May 8, 2011, 12:13 PM
Evolved Member

Some Evoscans act differently and you may have to go to a newer or older version sometimes. Also uninstalling them and reinstalling them works.

As for logging boost. Do you have a 3bar map sensor(JDM Map sensor)? that is what the evo8/9s need in order to log boost via evoscan. Evo10s can log boost straight from the factory since they already have a 3bar map sensor.
Old May 8, 2011, 12:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LGshow19
Some Evoscans act differently and you may have to go to a newer or older version sometimes. Also uninstalling them and reinstalling them works.

As for logging boost. Do you have a 3bar map sensor(JDM Map sensor)? that is what the evo8/9s need in order to log boost via evoscan. Evo10s can log boost straight from the factory since they already have a 3bar map sensor.
ahhh i see. so if i have tha oem map sensor then i won't be able to properly log boost is what you're saying?

in that case. should i just go with an omni 4bar sensor since i plan on runing 30 plus?
Old May 8, 2011, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by criptballer
ahhh i see. so if i have tha oem map sensor then i won't be able to properly log boost is what you're saying?

in that case. should i just go with an omni 4bar sensor since i plan on runing 30 plus?
I forgot how much the 3bar map sensor can read, but i know it can read 30+ since i have done it.

I will find the link about the 3bar map sensor... hold up.

EDIT: the 3bar only reads up to 32psi.

Last edited by LGshow19; May 8, 2011 at 12:59 PM.
Old May 8, 2011, 12:57 PM
Evolved Member

Heres the Link:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...tructions.html

Also, the 3bar sensor only goes too 32psi, so go head and get the Omni 4 bar.
Old May 8, 2011, 01:52 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the help man. Do you know if you can use the regular WGDC type of boost control with an omni 4 bar? i was reading on the V7 thread but they talk about direct boost through the ecu and i'm not familiar with it but was wondering if i would be able to control it the old way with wgdc.
Old May 8, 2011, 02:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by criptballer
Thanks for the help man. Do you know if you can use the regular WGDC type of boost control with an omni 4 bar? i was reading on the V7 thread but they talk about direct boost through the ecu and i'm not familiar with it but was wondering if i would be able to control it the old way with wgdc.
Are you talking like still using the MBC to control boost?
Old May 8, 2011, 04:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LGshow19
Are you talking like still using the MBC to control boost?
no, not a manual boost controller. I mean like a grimmspeed 3 port electronic boost controller. just adjusting the wgdc depending on gear and rpm. But i think the answer is yes, after doing some reading.
Old May 8, 2011, 04:50 PM
Evolved Member

Oh ight, but yeah you can. i know there are multiple tuning methods for ecu controlled boost.