Notices
ECU Flash

Reading Rom

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2011, 07:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reading Rom

I used to have a cable, evo and ecuflash so I have a pretty good idea of how it works but i am now confused.

I recently purchased this car and have already stoped by a friends house and pulled my ROM no problem to look at it and it accepted changes without any trouble. I ordered a brand new 1.3u cable from tactrix and got it today. Downloaded the latest ecuflash version 1.42 for my windows 7.

Connected cable to the car, ignition on, cable states "ready to use, drivers installed". Selected "read from ecu". Ecuflash loads for a minute and lets me click on "OK" then i get this message.... (see atatched screen shot)

I tried everything i could remember from my old ecuflash. Opened it as "administrator". Selected the developer option in ecuflash. Deleted everything and re-downloaded. Still getting the same message.
Attached Thumbnails Reading Rom-error-screen-shot.png  
Old May 17, 2011, 07:53 PM
Evolved Member

I am gonna add another screen shot based off the instructions in a old thread i found off a search. I believe this is my rom id in this screen shot.

What confuses me is that another computer and cable pulled it up no problem and mine has issues so obviously something with my cable or ecuflash is the issue.
Attached Thumbnails Reading Rom-error-screen-shot-2.png  
Old May 17, 2011, 08:37 PM
Evolved Member

Now that i think about it.....

Is my problem that the Rom my car has is a tephra rom? Do i need to add something to my ecuflash to be able to open a tephra rom.

I know with my old car i would see my factory rom number under rommediadata folder. Is that where i need to add the tephra rom id info or something??
Old May 17, 2011, 11:44 PM

The issue is that ull need to add an xml file to your rommediadata with your rom id.

If you search your rom id. On google ull find an xml file, so just copy that to your rommediadata folder on ecuflash and you should be able to veiw ur rom.
Old May 18, 2011, 05:13 PM
Evolved Member

ok i can now connect to my car. thanks. i will now be going back to my old thread on this section and trying to diagnose my problems.