Notices
ECU Flash

Another "Cant log from Lc-1" thread

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2011, 03:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Another "Cant log from Lc-1" thread

Well I stopped by best buy to swoop up a serial to USB adapter and successfully installed the included drivers with a cute little baby CD that came in the box.

I was very happy to start logging with my LC-1, especially after I just installed my JDM map sensor fairly easily and have been able to log boost.

But it seems that Evoscan wants to make things difficult. I am running the latest version and have selected the 5th from the last box titled "WB02" and set the parameters to log using an LC-1 from the top "Wideband (WDB)" tab

First problem lies with it detecting the COM ports. Searching has just fueled the frustration because google does not like searching for any terms less than 4 characters. Basically, the correct COM ports are not displaying from the selection list. There are always 3 listed, COM 3,8, and 9.

I realized that plugging in my USB serial adapter sometimes spawns a new option in the list. When I connect it to my USB COM 31 port, a new option displays for COM 1. If I plug the adapter in my USB com 32 port, again a new option for another COM port displays, this time COM 2. Plugging in my adapter to USB com 33 has no effect. Weird

But anyways, I connect the to what I believe is the correct port and log away. But WB02 decided to stay at a humble and flat 10. Yes, 10. If I gas it, it raises to 10.2xxxxxxxxxx, then goes right back to 10.

I also noticed there is another option for "LC-1 Wideband 02 e8 mod" but it doesnt display the correct AFR at all. Its close, but it doesnt fluctuate nearly as fast as my guage and on a pull, the AFR remains in the 14's. Not what im looking for.

So now im stuck puzzled on how to get this straight. I went into LogWorks and verified the fuel is set to Gasoline. LogWorks also works perfectly when connected. I have also verified that I have a terminator plug going into my "in" port

ideas?
Old May 26, 2011, 05:07 PM
Evolved Member

bump. really want to get this working. Im thinking it may be the simple port setting, but why would the 10 value change slightly? fml
Old May 26, 2011, 05:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i am having the same issue except i am using an AEM...but my laptop doesn't have a drive so i had to download the driver from their website..but i cant seem to get it to work because apparently none of my 3 usb ports come up as port 3
frustrating
Old May 26, 2011, 05:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by milford
i am having the same issue except i am using an AEM...but my laptop doesn't have a drive so i had to download the driver from their website..but i cant seem to get it to work because apparently none of my 3 usb ports come up as port 3
frustrating
what happens when you plug in the USB adapter? does anything populate in the COM port menu?
Old May 26, 2011, 05:42 PM
Evolved Member

Hate to be a downer, but thats just par for the course. I spent a lot of time pulling my hair out and playing the guessing game with my LC1. I now have an AEM and the LC1 is sitting in my garage,
Old May 26, 2011, 06:23 PM
Evolved Member

if you go to device manager, you can re-assign the port the lc-1 uses via the advanced settings. I've had some good luck with mine, you just have to plug everything in and then turn on the laptop.
Old May 26, 2011, 06:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by asdfasdf128
if you go to device manager, you can re-assign the port the lc-1 uses via the advanced settings. I've had some good luck with mine, you just have to plug everything in and then turn on the laptop.

THANK YOU

now to find advanced settings... where are they? Cant seem to find them
Old May 26, 2011, 07:03 PM
Evolved Member

ok, went into the device manager, right clicked on my serial adapter, went into properties, then advanced, then changed the port to #1. It was in-use (which is untrue), so it gave me a warning, but I proceeded anyway and was able to have evoscan read off port 1 as well. Yes!

BUT, im still getting a flat 10 value for my afr. wtf
Old May 26, 2011, 09:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
can you connect to it just via the innovate software?

its makes everything a lot less messy to just wire it into the ecu.
Old May 26, 2011, 09:30 PM
Evolved Member

yeah, I can connect through innovate's LogWorks. How can I combine logs from both programs?

I may just end up wiring it, although I really dont want to deal with pins. Can I just tap into the rear O2 wire between the sensor and plug to not damage the harness?
Old May 26, 2011, 09:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by prowakeskater
yeah, I can connect through innovate's LogWorks. How can I combine logs from both programs?

I may just end up wiring it, although I really dont want to deal with pins. Can I just tap into the rear O2 wire between the sensor and plug to not damage the harness?
Do you log ECU stuff via Tactrix OP2.0? If so, do you know about the "Pin 8" trick? The OP2.0 has an onboard ADC that can read 0-5V from a spare pin.

Rich
Old May 26, 2011, 10:03 PM
Evolved Member

I am logging from a 2.0, whats up with this secret contraption trick and where can I find how to do it?
Old May 26, 2011, 10:16 PM
Evolved Member

OoOoOoOo, finding some pretty cool stuff searching those terms..

but im also wondering, since im using a 2.0, if I could just hook the "out" port from my Lc-1 to the 2.5mm in on the tactrix?

I know its being used right now since i have an 8, not sure what that extra plug piece connected to my harness is, but can I disconnect it to free that 2.5mm input?
Old May 27, 2011, 04:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by prowakeskater
OoOoOoOo, finding some pretty cool stuff searching those terms..

but im also wondering, since im using a 2.0, if I could just hook the "out" port from my Lc-1 to the 2.5mm in on the tactrix?

I know its being used right now since i have an 8, not sure what that extra plug piece connected to my harness is, but can I disconnect it to free that 2.5mm input?
I put a summary of the "Tactrix Pin 8" trick here:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/9106692-post25.html

It was simply a good way for me to avoid having to wire in to the car's rear o2 sensor.

I was never able to get LC-1 digital serial output recognised by the little 2.5mm jack on the Tactrix OP2.0. Taking a wild guess, I'd say the OP2.0 used to support it, before they "added" support for Inno LM-2 protocol. By the time I bought the unit, people were having success with LM-2 but not LC-1.

Hope you get it all sorted. The Inno LC-1 was a complete and utter b*****d to get installed and functioning correctly. However, it's been trouble-free since I eventually got it working.

Rich
Old May 27, 2011, 07:47 AM
Evolved Member

Wow, that is pretty nifty. This is why I love these forums.

So I am going to cut into the USB cable the feeds from my tactrix2.0 and look for the green wire. Then I am going to cut into that, to feed my analog signal from my lc-1.

How do I go about connecting that green wire to my output? Do I need to cut into my lc-1 serial cable? Could I just cut into a 3.5mm jack cable?

thanks!

Quick Reply: Another "Cant log from Lc-1" thread