Notices
ECU Flash

tuning on tephra 96531706 map SD VE

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2011, 01:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tuning on tephra 96531706 map SD VE

I cant grasp this realtionship for nothing.. i have searched ..but i cant seem to find anything that tells me exactly why the numbers in the right(load) column and the numbers in the left(kpa) either go up or down. So far from what i understand is that map sd ve is used to line you up correctly with the fuel map. PLease correct me immediately if im wrong.
Attached Files
File Type: hex
current rom.hex (256.0 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by lp_ceo; Jul 30, 2011 at 03:46 PM.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 08:37 AM
Evolving Member

can anyone help me with this please ?
Old Jul 14, 2011, 06:26 PM
Account Disabled

+1 this is the reason i have not done the sd conversion yet. I do not understand it completely. Once i do then i will take the dive.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 01:42 PM

look in roadspikes sd2.0 thread. It should help you understand a little better. He has a pretty good flow chart drawn up.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 08:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by lp_ceo
I cant grasp this realtionship for nothing.. i have searched ..but i cant seem to find anything that tells me exactly why the numbers in the right(load) column and the numbers in the left(kpa) either go up or down. So far from what i understand is that map sd ve is used to line you up correctly with the fuel map. PLease correct me immediately if im wrong.
Here's a really high level breakdown: 0-100 kpa is when your car is in vacuum (cruising) and above 100kpa is boost, the load column dictates what load you want to target at a particular pressure. Most people start out tuning that map at a 1:1 value and adjust the load column to get the fueling/drivability where they like it. Increasing the values in the load column will make your fueling richer and push you further to the right in your fueling/timing maps. If you set that table to 100 load at 100kpa the car would be right in the 100 load colunm in your fuel/timing maps when the car starts to transition into boost. The RPM/VE map is another fueling map that works similar to the load map, increasing numbers in the VE column will make things richer and decreasing will lean things out. Now go tune your car
Old Jul 15, 2011, 10:49 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
simplified it pretty well there Creamo3

let me add that when you're cruising around you rarely ever hit anything below 40KPA vacuum.

and

when changing map ve in a area where rpm ve isnt 100% then you need to use math to find the proper load. (map ve * rpm ve = load)

you have 33 map ve but you're at 2000rpm 80% ve then your final map ve should be something like 33/0.80 = 41.25

this is all documented on forum but helps dial it in a bit more technical. i have crap tons of notes i got from forum.. the forums full of treasures for those who want to learn SD just need to hunt for them.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 06:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Creamo3
Here's a really high level breakdown: 0-100 kpa is when your car is in vacuum (cruising) and above 100kpa is boost, the load column dictates what load you want to target at a particular pressure. Most people start out tuning that map at a 1:1 value and adjust the load column to get the fueling/drivability where they like it. Increasing the values in the load column will make your fueling richer and push you further to the right in your fueling/timing maps. If you set that table to 100 load at 100kpa the car would be right in the 100 load colunm in your fuel/timing maps when the car starts to transition into boost. The RPM/VE map is another fueling map that works similar to the load map, increasing numbers in the VE column will make things richer and decreasing will lean things out. Now go tune your car
lol thanks bro:beer :
Old Jul 16, 2011, 06:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tscompusa
simplified it pretty well there Creamo3

let me add that when you're cruising around you rarely ever hit anything below 40KPA vacuum.

and

when changing map ve in a area where rpm ve isnt 100% then you need to use math to find the proper load. (map ve * rpm ve = load)

you have 33 map ve but you're at 2000rpm 80% ve then your final map ve should be something like 33/0.80 = 41.25

this is all documented on forum but helps dial it in a bit more technical. i have crap tons of notes i got from forum.. the forums full of treasures for those who want to learn SD just need to hunt for them.
Trust me i have been searching my last resort is asking .... i didnt see what you just posted on this site ... but its greatly appreciated
Old Jul 16, 2011, 06:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by one1fastevo8
+1 this is the reason i have not done the sd conversion yet. I do not understand it completely. Once i do then i will take the dive.

so i guess your subscribed then so you can make the switch ..lol
Old Jul 17, 2011, 06:46 PM
Account Disabled

Thanks for the info. Now to gather everything and experiment with it. So the understanding of it is to tune the sd to what your fuel maps already show to where everything lines up then start tuning your fuel maps again?
Old Jul 18, 2011, 04:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by one1fastevo8
Thanks for the info. Now to gather everything and experiment with it. So the understanding of it is to tune the sd to what your fuel maps already show to where everything lines up then start tuning your fuel maps again?
Thats what im getting also... the one thing i was looking for was the "increasing the number in the right will bring you to the right of your fuel map" golden.. i bet this thread will help tons of people ... thanks fellas

Funny when i do that my numbers in the right have to exceed the number in the left of map ve in order for me not to run extremely lean. also all trims were within 7% from rescaling the injectors. As i adjust the right column on the map ve i can see it moving to the right as i want but everyone says before boost it should be lower then whats on the right. and 1:1 getting into boost. it seems like its working backwards for me.

Last edited by lp_ceo; Jul 27, 2011 at 12:57 PM.