ECU Flash

Trying to get the new motor running.. 2.0L > 2.3L with speed density

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2011, 10:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trying to get the new motor running.. 2.0L > 2.3L with speed density

Hey Guys,

My question is this: Is SD RPM VE table the appropriate place to adjust for displacement?

Background:
I had my car running great on speed density with stock injectors, stock longblock, stock turbo, etc.
I pulled motor and built it.. 2.3L, kelford 272 cams, +1mm valves, FP Black.. (that's all that should effect idle for now)

Now, I intentionally left the stock injector in it for now, just so I could start it up and get a few miles on the motor.
It did start up ok for me tonight, but it would not idle - I had to hold the gas to get it to stay running. I let it get to operating temp and then changed the oil.

I'm sure it doesn't idle because VE has changed and everything. Here's my question.. Where should I make changes in order to compensate for the changes? My thought was to modify the SD RPM VE table. I found the following equation to calculate airflow: Airflow (CFM) = PR[RPM*V.E.*Cid/3456. Since my displacement changed from ~122CI to ~140CI, I thought perhaps I could multiply my SD RPM VE table by 1.148, but I tried that and the car would start, rev, die (Now that's all it does, even after flashing back to the way I had it).

I'm running 94171715 ROM..

Thanks guys.. much appreciated.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 10:34 PM
Evolving Member

Why don't you get your car running ona normal map and then port everything over to a SD map later once the car is brOke in? Too many things at once makes a sad evo...seriously
Old Jun 28, 2011, 10:46 PM
Evolving Member

Did you mean normal MAF? Yeah, I had considered that.. Although I'm not sure how that will help me get back onto speed density later. I will still need to know where to compensate for displacement change.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 10:53 PM
Evolving Member

True. I just figured eliminate most of the guessing and get ur car running sooner. Switch over to SD2.0 later and mess around with the ve numers, etc