Notices
ECU Flash

Tuning and logging issues, Please help. Nothing Works!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2011, 08:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tuning and logging issues, Please help. Nothing Works!

Ok, I've got some issues, and I'm sure that with all the intellegent people on this forum, you might have answers.

I'm having trouble with pretty much everything I try to log with. I'm using Vista 64 bit, Open port 1.3u. and lc-1 with a serial to usb adapter.

Mitsulogger is the only thing that has worked fine, only problem is I can't log my lc-1 with it, or I don't know how(maybe there is a trick)?

Logworks works, but my load configuration seems to be off, as it reads like 150-160% max.

EvoScan seemed to be working fine, my lc-1 wasn't logging correctly, but I think that could be user error. Also, the resolution seems kinda crappy(only about ten samples from 3000rpm to redline). Does it get better if you log less parameters?

And when I try to add things to XML, nothing. I've even copied so called working xml files, and when I open a rom in EcuFlash nothing is different.

I'm not that new to tuning, just new to tuning evo's. I'm pretty proficient with AEM and Hondata, but it seems as though these are a bit more complex then that. Hondata is like gods gift to beginners, with room to grow, and AEM just decides to fail in the middle of driving down the highway(long story).

Any input you could add would be most appreciated.

Thank you,
George
Old Jul 19, 2011, 08:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
are you running more then one program at once?

the lc1 not logging is more than likely not user error. mine has never worked prperly in the ~8 months ive owned my car, its going in the garbage, as ive tried everything.

it sounds like your not adding xml to the proper file, what version of evoscan are you using?
Old Jul 19, 2011, 09:06 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by killerpenguin21
are you running more then one program at once?

the lc1 not logging is more than likely not user error. mine has never worked prperly in the ~8 months ive owned my car, its going in the garbage, as ive tried everything.

it sounds like your not adding xml to the proper file, what version of evoscan are you using?
One program at a time, I'm using evoscan version 2.8.

My LC-1 works fine if you use logworks, just having trouble with the other loggers.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by JorgeYaHeard
EvoScan seemed to be working fine, my lc-1 wasn't logging correctly, but I think that could be user error. Also, the resolution seems kinda crappy(only about ten samples from 3000rpm to redline). Does it get better if you log less parameters?
Yes, every parameter you log will slow down the logger, so only select what you actually need. Also make sure to disable "log to screen", that alone makes a massive difference.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 09:20 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Raptord
Yes, every parameter you log will slow down the logger, so only select what you actually need. Also make sure to disable "log to screen", that alone makes a massive difference.
Thanks, I'll try that!
Old Jul 19, 2011, 09:24 AM
Evolved Member

My LC-1 works fine if you use logworks, just having trouble with the other loggers.
thats very close to the same problem im having. i dont have a windows box, but the one time i borrowed one and hooked up to the lc1, the readings in logworks were very different from what was showing up in evoscan (i only checked idle readings and startup).

the only suggestion i was given was to upgrade to 2.8 since i was on 2.7, and that provided no help. i havent been able to get any other input on the subject though unfortunately.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 09:37 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by killerpenguin21
thats very close to the same problem im having. i dont have a windows box, but the one time i borrowed one and hooked up to the lc1, the readings in logworks were very different from what was showing up in evoscan (i only checked idle readings and startup).

the only suggestion i was given was to upgrade to 2.8 since i was on 2.7, and that provided no help. i havent been able to get any other input on the subject though unfortunately.
I'm going to keep trying different things, it seems as though it should work. There are a lot of people that use these programs and they get them to work somehow. Mellon, actually suggests the lc-1, that's enough for me to believe that I'm doing something wrong or something isn't working the way it's supposed to.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 09:47 AM
Evolved Member

well keep me updated if you could, im planing on switching over to an inline UEGO very soon if i have no luck.

heres my thread with my issue/thoughts. the only thing i have not tried yet is disabling log to screen, but i highly doubt that is my issue.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...ng-nicely.html

also see this thread.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...1-logging.html

Last edited by killerpenguin21; Jul 19, 2011 at 09:53 AM.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 09:58 AM
Evolving Member

I'll keep you posted, hopefully I can get this working soon.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 10:07 AM
Evolving Member

"That's interesting!" I just read two separate posts, one saying to disable log to screen, and the other enable both log to screen and log to file. I guess I'll try both and post my results.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 06:08 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what items are you selecting in evoscan to connect the lc-1? what serial to usb adapter are you using?
Old Jul 19, 2011, 06:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mellon Racing
what items are you selecting in evoscan to connect the lc-1? what serial to usb adapter are you using?
I'm selecting com port 7 and lc-1 in evoscan. I'm not sure the exact make of the serial to usb adapter. I've had it for years, but it works fine in logworks.

How do you log load in logworks?
Old Jul 20, 2011, 08:22 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
forget logworks, we're trying to get evoscan working right.

what item are you logging in evoscane for wb02 data?
Old Jul 20, 2011, 08:46 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I'm selecting com port 7 and lc-1 in evoscan. I'm not sure the exact make of the serial to usb adapter. I've had it for years, but it works fine in logworks.

How do you log load in logworks?
did you check device manager to confirm the serial to usb cable was utilizing that com port? ill assume the drivers are installed for the cable since other devices recognize it.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 08:48 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Raptord
yes this is great advice.. unchecking log to screen speeds up data rate by at least 2x quicker. the only problem is, evoscan can be buggy with widebands and you have to start it and turn it off to get it to kick on every now and then and if you dont log to screen you have no way of knowing if its logging the wideband or not.. i suppose you could throw up a custom widget just for the AFR tho.

Quick Reply: Tuning and logging issues, Please help. Nothing Works!