Notices
ECU Flash
View Poll Results: What is your favorite WB?
AEM
37.38%
Innovative LM-1 or LM-2
8.41%
Innovative LC-1
15.89%
Zeitronix
34.58%
PLX
1.87%
NGK AFX
0%
Glowshift/STRI/Prosport
1.87%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

What is the best WB02 from YOUR experience?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2011, 11:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been swapping my 2J1 that I bought from Techedge between my DSM and my STI for about a year now and before that had it in the EVO1 while I was in Japan. All together I have had the unit for over 4 years with a solid 1 - 1.5 of use with no issues. If I could have at the time I would have bought their 3A series of units that has native USB instead of serial connection for re-programming and logging. not to mention there are quite a few inputs for logging on the unit itself and 1m of internal memory for onboard logging. That was at the time though when an affordable WB was still in the $250 – $300 range. So the $370 I spent on my setup wasn’t a bad deal.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 07:33 AM

innovate. It all boils down to that dang reading. I'm 100% sure it's dead-on, and I am well aware that it's more responsive than anything else. Hell, it's capable of measuring each combustion event. But it such a pain in the *** to rig up and your at the mercy of your laptop when used. Even worse, the brains behind it has moved on to bigger things now that most OEM is using his technology.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by codgi
I've had my UEGO for 4.5 years now with no issues. So I'd go with that.

Are you using the wideband sensor as a replacement for the O2 sensor? Otherwise if you are just using it as a flat wideband there is no formula to make it log correctly.
Yes it is being used in place of the rear o2 sensor so im logging it through the ecu. Maybe i'm a bit late but anyone care to share their evoscan formula for comparison purposes? I'd really appreciate it.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 10:01 AM

Interesting thread, I do not usually post but I was pretty amazed at the the different feedback and experiences people have had with the different wide band devices. I tuned cars for a living for several years and personally have had good experiences with most of the Innovate products, more so then the other options mentioned anyway. The LC-1 was very finicky, it was awesome when it worked but was very fragile. The new MTX-L gauge kit they offer is just as accurate and fast but easier to wire and use. It is also the same kind of money and people don't seem to be having any of the issues with it that one hears about with the LC-1. The one thing with the Innovate stuff is that nothing else came close in response and consistency. Even with the LC-1 nitpicks and I have dealt with them too it was just amazingly fast and on point with the measurements. If I was buying a new one right now to mount in a car, it would be the one not on the list, the MTX-L gauge from Innovate. YMMV

Last edited by MINES13; Aug 18, 2011 at 10:04 AM.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 08:01 AM

bringing back an older thread but needed to post a little about the LC-1.. I've had the LC-1 and went through 3 sensors in less than 6 months. mind you I do NOT drive my Evo daily anymore and in the last year i put on a whole 350 miles. but this LC-1 is just garbage in my eyes. I can turn my car on and drive it for about 3-5 minutes where the LC-1 is reading (hopefully) correctly and then it goes to 22.4 for a few seconds then 7.4-7.5 where it stays until the car is restarted. so now its off the get my hands on a Zeitronix if thats whats considered to be realiable.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by SikEvo8
bringing back an older thread but needed to post a little about the LC-1.. I've had the LC-1 and went through 3 sensors in less than 6 months. mind you I do NOT drive my Evo daily anymore and in the last year i put on a whole 350 miles. but this LC-1 is just garbage in my eyes. I can turn my car on and drive it for about 3-5 minutes where the LC-1 is reading (hopefully) correctly and then it goes to 22.4 for a few seconds then 7.4-7.5 where it stays until the car is restarted. so now its off the get my hands on a Zeitronix if thats whats considered to be realiable.
I make the assumption that you have a DB gauge based on the fact that you say your display pegs at 7.4. What is the status of the LED you wired in with your LC-1 unit? If it is blinking 8 times you have an E8 code and the sensor needs to be heater calibrated or the sensor may be dead. Where is your sensor located in relation to your turbine outlet? I would contact Innovate if you are continuing to have issues. I will only tune with Innovate products period due to the reasons I specified earlier. Using technology that was designed in the mid 90's to drive an O2 sensor that I am trusting with the safe running and tuning of my engine is just absurd. Get them to square your problems before you downgrade.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 08:49 AM

I didnt personally pick the LC-1. but when the person who was working on my car suggested it and i took a look i figured it was worth it.. i mean its a great price, its very visable and responsive but this repeating issue with the peaking at 7.4 is a total pain. there is actually no error light that ive seen but ill double check again before anyone quotes me on it. if i find that the location is too close or too far i will def get it moved but as far as mounting instructions go its right where its supposed to be. like i said, ill be glad to have an expert take a second look and tell me that its all right and no error codes ill replace one more sensor and then pray it works.. otherwise ill be taking great joy in tearing it out of my car lol
Old Mar 13, 2012, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by SikEvo8
I didnt personally pick the LC-1. but when the person who was working on my car suggested it and i took a look i figured it was worth it.. i mean its a great price, its very visable and responsive but this repeating issue with the peaking at 7.4 is a total pain. there is actually no error light that ive seen but ill double check again before anyone quotes me on it. if i find that the location is too close or too far i will def get it moved but as far as mounting instructions go its right where its supposed to be. like i said, ill be glad to have an expert take a second look and tell me that its all right and no error codes ill replace one more sensor and then pray it works.. otherwise ill be taking great joy in tearing it out of my car lol
Before you do anything, call Innovate. They will help you get your issue squared. I have been installing their products for about 6 years now, and I have tried all the others. I have had LC-1 issues before, and now prefer their newer MTX-L unit as it has been trouble free with the same speed and accuracy but the LC-1 DOES work. Call them.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

have LC-1 in test pipe for little over the year. no problems at all. just the wiring it is kinda pita
Old Mar 13, 2012, 09:31 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Innovate should just pack it in now. So many complaints, not sure what they are doing or not doing but the products have slid down far. I know they got bought out by another company so it could have to do with that.

ROAD/RACE
Old Mar 13, 2012, 09:43 AM

I did send them emails prior and asked them what going on and how to remedy the issue and basically they continued to reply with change your sensor or recalibrate the unit which I've done many times. I will contact them again and see if there is anything else that can be done and go from there.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by ROCK
Innovate should just pack it in now. So many complaints, not sure what they are doing or not doing but the products have slid down far. I know they got bought out by another company so it could have to do with that.

ROAD/RACE
Innovate happens to sell a superior product. But hey I am biased due to the good experiences I have had with the product I prefer, and you have a positive opinion of the products that you prefer; being a Zeitronix dealer and all. I personally would not even consider installing that the Zeitronix, or any other wideband product again, but your opinion obviously differs. The fact is, Innovate happens to build a superior wideband O2 control device, period. The reasons are not simply opinion and the the advantages are quantifiable. Sensor calibration, full range utilization of the sensor, sensor status, response, etc.

If you do not mind using repackaged Bosch sensor control technology from the 1990's that is your business. If you are ok with using a device that relies on the calibration resistor (that little box hanging off of the back of the LSU4.2 sensor, if you are not aware) that is calibrated in the Bosch sensor manufacturing plant; which is only truly accurate at sea level, then more power to you. If you are fine with no sensor degradation compensation, great. I happen to have too much invested in my engine to give up those advantages.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 09:58 AM
Former Sponsor

THey do not know how to fix it so they have their canned response, "CHANGE SENSOR, GOUND UNIT BETTER, ......" If you go to their forum you will read about problem after problem. They stall you out until you give up. Seen it too many times now.

ROAD/RACE
Old Mar 13, 2012, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by ROCK
THey do not know how to fix it so they have their canned response, "CHANGE SENSOR, GOUND UNIT BETTER, ......" If you go to their forum you will read about problem after problem. They stall you out until you give up. Seen it too many times now.

ROAD/RACE
This is an interesting approach to the conversation you have taken. Fairly ridiculous, not going out of the way to raise the bar are you? As with any product, if you have an issue simply call them. I should also add, that I have had issues before and they have always assisted me in getting them resolved.

Last edited by MINES13; Mar 13, 2012 at 10:16 AM.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 10:33 AM
Former Sponsor

I agree. Calling and speaking to live body is always first approach to solving an issue. Emails and posting are not correct way to get something resolved. Email is meant for sending basic info, not info that demands an open dialog.

ROAD/RACE

Quick Reply: What is the best WB02 from YOUR experience?