Notices
EcuFlash

formula for logging KPA w/ jdm 3 bar

Old Aug 24, 2011, 05:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
formula for logging KPA w/ jdm 3 bar

Finally getting ready to switch to SD, and am a bit unclear as to the correct formula to log KPA in evoscan...

From what I understand, I need to edit the "JDM MAP" formula, then change psig to KPA.

Ive found a couple formulas, so looking to use the correct 1...

JDM 3 bar
1.334*x

1.7157*x-43.75

Omni 4 bar
1.6667*x

Thanks
Old Aug 25, 2011, 02:25 PM
Evolved Member

seriously... 25 views, and no1...

I did search, thats what I came up w/... I could use a lil help here fam.

Old Aug 25, 2011, 05:29 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking at all the ancient threads from JCSBanks when he was first figuring stuff out it looks as this would be the eval from the FQ340... try it and see...

JDM 3 bar
1.334*x
Old Aug 25, 2011, 08:57 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the response freddie! Just looking for the correct answer before I actually go about it...

I also forgot to mention this:

.236848*x-14.3, or is it w/out the "-14.3" (14.3) ~ sea level. In my searching, Im not finding much, and like what I said, what I did find, the formulas are different...

Its not like, Im not searching fellas... I know a bunch of u guys are tuning SD, which means youre logging KPA, and I know its something simple, Im just a rookie (I am searching!), bout to make the leap, If I can figure out how to log KPA...

My car is running great, have 0 issues, but for my knowledge, would love to learn SD, and run it on my ride... Kinda need to know how to log KPA...

Did I overlook it in a particular thread? link me, pease. Ive read them all, as far as the search engine will take me, and google for that matter...

Thanks.

Last edited by nonschlont; Aug 25, 2011 at 09:07 PM.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 09:27 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by nonschlont View Post
Thanks for the response freddie! Just looking for the correct answer before I actually go about it...

I also forgot to mention this:

.236848*x-14.3, or is it w/out the "-14.3" (14.3) ~ sea level. In my searching, Im not finding much, and like what I said, what I did find, the formulas are different...

Its not like, Im not searching fellas... I know a bunch of u guys are tuning SD, which means youre logging KPA, and I know its something simple, Im just a rookie (I am searching!), bout to make the leap, If I can figure out how to log KPA...

My car is running great, have 0 issues, but for my knowledge, would love to learn SD, and run it on my ride... Kinda need to know how to log KPA...

Did I overlook it in a particular thread? link me, pease. Ive read them all, as far as the search engine will take me, and google for that matter...

Thanks.
I searched for about an hour last night and came up with NIL!
Old Aug 26, 2011, 10:04 AM
Evolved Member

I went the "Easy Speed Density" route, so kPA always equals load. So really no need to log kPA directly. I log airflow so I know what MAF Comp cells to tune, but thats the only SD specific logging I do.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

thanks for the responses fellas!!! Ive been searching on and off for like 3 days now... and nothing solid.

Guess i could try the "easy speed density" route, but was hoping one of the many tuners out there that are logging KPA could chime in...
Old Aug 26, 2011, 12:08 PM
Evolved Member

I first started with SD 2.0 and used the kPA-Load table to make big changes, then fine tuning with the RPM VE table. When switching to SD "1.0" I found John's thread and went down that route. I really like the correlation of load to boost. And using the MAF Comp table in combination with the RPM VE table, my AFRMAP is almost always within .2-.3 of logged AFR.

Im no expert, but I never really saw the need to make load match what it was on the MAF. As long as its running the timing in my map and fueling is correct, why would it matter? And its my understanding that is the purpose of the kPA-Load table...to make load match what it was.