ECU Flash

Evo IX - EvoScan Datalogging Issues

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2011, 07:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Evo IX - EvoScan Datalogging Issues

Hello,

My wife and I are the proud owners of an Evo IX SE. Up until last weekend, she had been sitting in our garage collecting dust for ~2 1/2 years. Reason? Long story. Bottom line is there wasn't anything wrong with her as she was simply missing some vital parts (turbo, radiator, etc.). Anyways, she is back up and running from the stand-point that we can "limp" her around the block. She is running a basemap for our current mod list (see signature link) and will be fully tuned within a month or so.

In the mean time I wanted to do some datalogging to make sure that she can make the 1 1/2 hour trip to the tuner (Reese Tuning). The primary change between now and when she last ran is engine management--she is now on the OEM ECU vs. the prior AEM EMS. Anyways, when trying to do some datalogging I am unable to see values pertaining to fuel trim. This concerns me as I have no clue what the issue(s) is(are) (mechanical, electrical, etc.).

Any thoughts?
Old Aug 24, 2011, 07:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
If the rear o2 periphery bits are disabled then fuel trims won't log, I don't remember off hand which one it is though.

If you want, send me your map and I'll compare it with mine, as my trims log properly. Should at least allow you to rule out anything software-related.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 07:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Raptord
If the rear o2 periphery bits are disabled then fuel trims won't log, I don't remember off hand which one it is though.

If you want, send me your map and I'll compare it with mine, as my trims log properly. Should at least allow you to rule out anything software-related.
Thanks for that feedback! What email addy can I send my ROM to?
Old Aug 24, 2011, 08:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 1QYK9
Thanks for that feedback! What email addy can I send my ROM to?
You've got pm!
Old Aug 27, 2011, 10:59 AM
Evolved Member

Question: there are two O2 wires that are pinned into the OEM ECU (71 and 73). If the wires are disconnected, is there any way to determine which is which?
Old Aug 27, 2011, 08:20 PM
Evolved Member

Check which CEL you get

Pin 71 is for the front o2 signal and 73 is for rear o2 on the IX ECU.
Old Aug 27, 2011, 09:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Raptord
Check which CEL you get

Pin 71 is for the front o2 signal and 73 is for rear o2 on the IX ECU.
I got a CEL for the front O2 sensor. Here is some detailed info:

When putting the turbo back on, I found out that I didn't have a front O2 sensor. I ended up buying a used OEM front O2 sensor from a local member. I immediately ran into clearance issues as the top of the O2 sensor was hitting the wastegate actuator. We have the Invidia O2 housing, and the sensor placement is horrible! Anyways, with that OEM sensor we were still unable to log fuel trims and STFT. So, I thought the sensor was bad and ended up buying a Denso (who apparently makes the OEM sensor) O2 sensor. This sensor is slightly shorter than the OEM one, so there was no more clearance issues. I then tried to datalog and experienced the same issues. I decided to check out the wiring going to the OEM ECU. I saw a purple wire pinned into location 71 (front O2 sensor) and learned that that was the Zeintronix wideband O2 sensor, which is located in the test pipe. I saw a white wire not connected to anything, and figured it was for the front O2 sensor. So, I removed the purple wire and plugged in the white wire (into 71). I noticed another white wire going into 73 (rear O2 sensor). I tried datalogging again and had zero changes. So, I thought that the white wire going into 73 might actually be for the front O2 sensor (process of elimination right?). I removed the white wires from 71 and 73 and plugged the wire from 73 into 71 thus leaving the wire originally from 73 unconnected. Confusing much? Anyways, no change.

Last edited by 1QYK9; Aug 28, 2011 at 07:45 AM.