Notices
ECU Flash

ECU FLash and Tuning for Okada Direct Plasma Coils

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2011, 08:21 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
Originally Posted by sujinX
I have a question that might be off topic. How are these compared to spoolin cop?
Don't think I've come across a real review of the Okada coils, but OTOH, there are tons of positive reviews on the SpoolinUp (and not one negative review).
Old Oct 8, 2011, 02:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Mfred, your helo is always appreciated. It is your teaching of boost control and timing that heled me iron out kinks in the past. Open to your ideas or oppinions for tuning. Thanks again.
Old Oct 8, 2011, 08:59 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
Originally Posted by Raceghost
Mfred, your helo is always appreciated. It is your teaching of boost control and timing that heled me iron out kinks in the past. Open to your ideas or oppinions for tuning. Thanks again.
If you mean tuning the Okada's, I don't think I can be much help. Thing is that when I put in my SpoolinUp COP, it just worked. I didn't change anything. All I noticed though was somewhat cleaner idle and a bit better transient response. For the Okada's, like JB said, if spark is breaking up under boost, then close gap until it doesn't. Then retune afr and timing advance as needed/desired.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 04:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
For the Okada's, like JB said, if spark is breaking up under boost, then close gap until it doesn't. Then retune afr and timing advance as needed/desired.
Exactly what I did. Currently at .026 on the gap, and she is solid. I am tuning AFR's and timing to represent. My question still stands though, when you upgrade the ignition system, with stronger ignition or spark, can you not run great3er timing or better timing for more power? And what timing gives more power, higher PreTDC, or Lower PreTDC?