Notices

EvoScan Gauge Layout Including NEW trans gauges.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2011, 09:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EvoScan Gauge Layout Including NEW trans gauges.

Hey guys I finally got around to doing a permanent install of my tactrix and netbook in the evo with evoscan running full-time.. its pretty nice.. still a messy install as of now but i have more work to do.

I figured that some people might want this layout if there like me and want to monitor EVERYTHING lol and I havn't seen many layouts around that displays a lot of data at once so if anyone wants these layouts just let me know and ill zip them and upload them.. I used an already put together gauge setup and multiplied it and edited the new two widgets for extra data including the newly released transmission xml data u can add to evo scan's xml specific to the usdm evo x.. I have a 2008.. and the temperatures need to be fixed as per this info so they read correctly on imperial units as which I have them set..
You'll need to make sure you have the trans xml data installed and logging before using these or just not set a data item on the pointers or numerical items for those gauges or I'm sure it might throw an error.. I know these are not beautiful but form follows function until I can play with there colors a little. Chk the attachments for the pics.

I've set the scalings to be correct but every time I redo something or add the widgets again the scalings on some of them change and i have to edit the template again if ANYONE can tell me what I'm doing wrong or how to fix it i would sooooo appreciate it.. Because I have to reset the scalings every time I shut the comp down and reboot and reload the layout... can't figure out why.. I even checked and made sure the values I was entering was being saved inside the .xml and they are so I don't know why it reverts to 255 and other odd numbers after I load them again after I save every widget individually and then save the layout. Chances are when someone installs them the scalings are going to read wrong on some of the gauges and will have to be edited unless someone knows how I can fix it.. until then I just hibernate the computer when its time to stop using battery...

Here is the xml u can paste into evoscans data xml for the usdm Evo X... Mine is a 2008 and it works fine.

<DataListItem DataLog="N" Color="" Display="SST Transmission Temp" LogReference="SST_TM_Temp" RequestID="CAN28-0" Eval="x-50" Unit="Deg F" MetricEval="x-50" MetricUnit="Deg C" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="1000" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="1000" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="N" Color="" Display="Odd Clutch Temp" LogReference="OddClutchTemp" RequestID="CAN33-0" Eval="x/4" Unit="C" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="2" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="255" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="255" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="N" Color="" Display="Even Clutch Temp" LogReference="EvenClutchTemp" RequestID="CAN33-2" Eval="x/4" Unit="C" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="2" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="255" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="255" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="N" Color="" Display="Odd Clutch Pressure" LogReference="OddClutchPressure" RequestID="CAN35-0" Eval="x*2" Signed="true" Unit="mbar" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="2" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="255" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="255" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="N" Color="" Display="Even Clutch Pressure" LogReference="EvenClutchPressure" RequestID="CAN35-2" Eval="x*2" Signed="true" Unit="mbar" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="2" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="255" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="255" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="N" Color="" Display="Odd Clutch SlipSpeed" LogReference="OddClutchSlipSpeed" RequestID="CAN34-0" Eval="x/2" Signed="true" Unit="rpm" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="2" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="255" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="255" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="N" Color="" Display="Even Clutch SlipSpeed" LogReference="EvenClutchSlipSpeed" RequestID="CAN34-2" Eval="x/2" Signed="true" Unit="rpm" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="2" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="255" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="255" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="N" Color="" Display="Odd Input Shaft Speed" LogReference="OddInputShaftSpeed" RequestID="CAN36-0" Eval="x" Unit="rpm" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="2" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="255" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="255" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
<DataListItem DataLog="N" Color="" Display="Even Input Shaft Speed" LogReference="EvenInputShaftSpeed" RequestID="CAN36-2" Eval="x" Unit="rpm" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="2" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="255" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="255" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />

Here are the edits you can do to the xml data to make the imperial units read correctly for several temperature readouts..

I suggest doing this from evoscans own edit command inside the program but I have not completed this on my own setup yet. I just found it tonight so ill be working on getting temps to read correct as per my deg F labels in the gauges tomorrow. If you don't wanna do this just change the deg f labels to deg c in the templates.

I believe this is correct for IAT, MAT, and Coolant temp

Eval: ((x-40)*9)/5+32
Unit: Deg F
MetricEval: x-40
MetricUnit: Deg C

Eval: 1.8*x-40
MetricEval: (((1.8*x-40)-32)*5)/9

This is the original formula in the original post by hiboost and should be correct for the sst temp. not sure bout the others yet as someone suggested x-40 but just keep up with this post and well know soon enough. EDIT confirmed and corrected x-40 is correct so here are the correct values

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...-formulas.html

MR/SST Transmission Temp

Eval: ((x-50)*9)/5+32
MetricEval: x-50

Intake Air Temp, Manifold Air Temp, Engine Coolant Temp

Eval: ((x-40)*9)/5+32
MetricEval: x-40

Eval: 1.8*x-40
MetricEval: (((1.8*x-40)-32)*5)/9
Attached Thumbnails EvoScan Gauge Layout Including NEW trans gauges.-photo-1.jpg   EvoScan Gauge Layout Including NEW trans gauges.-photo-2.jpg   EvoScan Gauge Layout Including NEW trans gauges.-photo-3.jpg  

Last edited by RngrYogi; Sep 23, 2011 at 10:24 PM.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 10:08 PM

Here are the 3 Widgets and the layout. Just place them in there respective folders for layout and gauges in the evoscan's folder under your my documents folder if you use windows 7.

Check it out, and if anyone can let me know why my scalings are not staying put when the layouts load or when u create a new widget and set your first data item to load the widget I would soooo appreciate it!

Could be an evoscan problem? a .net Problem? or something I did wrong creating the layout or how I created it.. I dunoo.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 01:45 AM

scaling

have you figured this issue yet?