Notices
ECU Flash

So a Question About Big Maps

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2011, 12:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So a Question About Big Maps

Hey guys so I've searched but have come up empty. Is there anybody who has implemented big maps in a stock evo 8 rom? I have been running Tephra's V7 9417075 for quite awhile now but I am having some wierd idle dipping problems. I have literally flashed at least 70 different changes using suggestions from other threads on here with people having similiar issues trying to fix this problem and it either gets worse or other issues pop up but never gets better. Will dip and eventually dip far enough it cant recover and stalls. Also when I clutch in it will bounce once and usually die. Some threads I read people stated only way they could fix the idle was by switching back to the stock rom.

I have a base lancer running 14psi on a stock evo8 16g and I have flashed my settings back into a stock lancer rom and idle issue dissappears. I would like to try using a stock evo rom but really hate to lose the resolution I get with the big maps. Thanks in advance

Figured id also let you know I have done the following physically trying to fix this too:
Cleaned EGR valve
Cleaned ISCV Stepper Motor
Swapped and thoroughly cleaned intake manifold
swapped Map sensor
Swapped Vacuum control valve
checked and fixed any boost leaks
checked for exhaust leaks

Last edited by 03lances; Oct 2, 2011 at 12:37 AM.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 12:42 AM
Evolved Member

Also anyone recognize what this might be? It happens about 3200 rpms. Maybe my wastegate flapper? I have been having wierd slow spool but doesnt happen always I can do a pull and hit full spool before 3000 and turn around and go back the other way and takes until 4000??

http://youtu.be/4kVQ3Ubxq9M

Last edited by 03lances; Oct 2, 2011 at 12:45 AM.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 04:57 PM
Evolved Member

Bump, anybody? Tested out my WG flapper theory today but no its not the wg
Old Oct 2, 2011, 05:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
No, you can't have bigmaps on a stock rom because the changes are more than just definitions, the actually rom itself is "remade" so to speak by tephra to use bigmaps.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 07:58 PM
Evolved Member

Thank you for the reply. I know its more than just a definition and requires adding to the actual rom. Sounds like no one has done ths though
Old Oct 2, 2011, 08:04 PM
Evolved Member

Another member with disassebly exp. was nice enough to add the big maps to some stock lancer roms to help the auto trans lancers so I thought someone might have done the same to a evo rom