Notices
ECU Flash

Help with tune

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2011, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with tune

Any input would be appreciated. I have attached 3 Evoscan logs that were done within 40 minutes of each other on same stretch of road. First log shows a little knock but the other two nothing shows. I just want to get opinions on where I may need to make some adjustments. Also included are ignition and fuel maps. Car is Evo 8 with 3" catless tb, 272intake/264exhaust GCS cams, Ingen intake, stock turbo, 93 oct, Hallman MBC @ 25psi, Walbro. Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails Help with tune-ignition-fuel-map.png  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
log1.PDF (904.3 KB, 0 views)
log2.PDF (1.03 MB, 0 views)
log3.PDF (956.4 KB, 0 views)
Old Oct 5, 2011, 01:23 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
way to lean at peak load. im gonna send you a pm.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That's pretty odd dialing it in on the same road and having that result. Maybe something was loose? As of right now your map looks very choppy and your AFR is swinging super rich at redline...it needs more work. If you're just curious the default answer is do a couple more pulls, drop timing a degree in the knock area and do 3 pulls, then up timing a degree in that area and do 3 pulls. That much knock is probably timing related. If you're trying to learn understood...but I've yet to see someone who was "learning" make more power than a good tuner. I'd contact tscompusa, he's tuned a ton of Evo's (including mine) and done a stellar job on every single one that I've ever seen a review on.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 02:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
one useful thing to do is read the "post your fully tuned timing map" thread, it will provide a lot of very useful information.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 03:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tscompusa
way to lean at peak load. im gonna send you a pm.

answered
Old Oct 5, 2011, 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 05blue8
That's pretty odd dialing it in on the same road and having that result. Maybe something was loose? As of right now your map looks very choppy and your AFR is swinging super rich at redline...it needs more work. If you're just curious the default answer is do a couple more pulls, drop timing a degree in the knock area and do 3 pulls, then up timing a degree in that area and do 3 pulls. That much knock is probably timing related. If you're trying to learn understood...but I've yet to see someone who was "learning" make more power than a good tuner. I'd contact tscompusa, he's tuned a ton of Evo's (including mine) and done a stellar job on every single one that I've ever seen a review on.
What I posted above was originally tuned by someone else. What I posted was after I'd added some fuel and took out some timing. When I first logged it without changes it was pulling timing throughout the whole pull. I am going to take the advice and have tscompusa finish it up for me. Thanks
Old Oct 6, 2011, 06:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Looked like you were on the right track. I've actually attempted the same thing (don't tell Tom) and upped timing/fuel and experimented with things trying to get it to make more power, change my curve etc but in the end I never could make more power
Old Oct 7, 2011, 10:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 05blue8

I'm glad I took your advice and had Tom do his magic. I couldn't be happier. Dyno plot is in the dyno section.