Notices
ECU Flash

v7 boost control issues

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2011, 02:37 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
v7 boost control issues

Im interested in using v7 90550001 for the big map feature but am struggling to understand the boost control features, for example RPM/SPEED to GEAR im unsure as to what it is and what its used for, searching suggests it may only be used for gear based boost control and not needed otherwise. If this is so how do i determine if im using gear based boost control, it is not an item that can be enabled or disabled so i have no idea, ive tried asking and had no answers so this suggests no one else knows what it does either.

Effectively all i wish to do is retain all the standard features of my current rom but with the added feature of big maps, im not interested in having gear based boost control or any other features and would like to know what changes are needed and what can just be ignored (ie not used)

Thanks
Old Oct 7, 2011, 02:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Speed to gear answer one:
only be used for gear based boost control and not needed otherwise
Tephra mods, dont remember if it is switchable on, you will have a wastegate duty cycle table reflecting each gear, as well as a boost table for each gear.
There is also a 3d table for crossover points in each gear...
Old Oct 8, 2011, 12:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Raceghost
Speed to gear answer one:

Tephra mods, dont remember if it is switchable on, you will have a wastegate duty cycle table reflecting each gear, as well as a boost table for each gear.
There is also a 3d table for crossover points in each gear...
Thanks, allthough i didnt understand any of that, so if it isnt used what needs to be entered, seams odd that hundreds are using V7 yet no one knows what rpm/speed to gear is
Old Oct 9, 2011, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by infini_IV
Thanks, allthough i didnt understand any of that, so if it isnt used what needs to be entered, seams odd that hundreds are using V7 yet no one knows what rpm/speed to gear is
the rpm/speed values for the table are set by taking your max rpm for a gear, and dividing it by the speed you are going at. eg, going 120km/h at 7000rpm on 2nd gear would be 7000rpm/120km/h = 58. this is so the ecu will know which gear you are in for gear basd WG and boost control settings.

hope that is what you wanted to know

also, if you do not wish to use gear based boost control, first off, it is used with ecu controlled boost, af you are using ecu based boost, to "disable" gear based, simply put the desired boost values in all the cells

Last edited by kronik5383; Oct 9, 2011 at 08:01 AM.