Notices

EvoX ACD reprogramming

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2014, 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Robevo RS
he is 100% right.

The stock can be modified and make it behave more racy like, but never will be a real race ACD controller.
And yes you do feel a difference, and it does gives you better times. Unless you are a drag racer
I'm not sure there's a difference in capability of the stock acd reprogrammed vs an aftermarket unit. Bradley can clarify this?
Old Aug 15, 2015, 03:57 AM
Evolving Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Hi to all,

I have to bring back this tread....

Here in Europe, the Mitsubishi dealerships have to REPLACE the AWC Ecu to cover the TSB Software Update ( Not like in the USDM Market, where it is an Firmware change ), which is in Fact really expensive.
Its not a problem for cars inside the Warranty Extension, but for all where the Warranty doesnt exist anymore.

So i looked around all over for an Update on how to Read and Write the AWC Ecu of the Evo X with Ecuflash. Found almost nothing regarding an Bench Harness Pinout. Evoscan Site doesnt have any information for the Pins at the Ecu Site, and ACAMUS wasnt sure about the Reflash Pin ( For the Bench Mode )

Especial the Pinout Connections for an Benchflash.

Otherwise, since i own an MUT3, it would be nice to have the Update Firmware files ( commonly an CFF i believe ) for the AWC ECU ( DATA number is 8631A891 (EVO X ) and 8631A893 ( RA and Sportback ) and the PART / Soft Number is 8631A040-A and 8631A235-A

Is anyone able to Provide some Information, or maybe the files?

Many thanks in Advance
Old Aug 16, 2015, 08:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by german_evoVII
Hi to all,

I have to bring back this tread....

Here in Europe, the Mitsubishi dealerships have to REPLACE the AWC Ecu to cover the TSB Software Update ( Not like in the USDM Market, where it is an Firmware change ), which is in Fact really expensive.
Its not a problem for cars inside the Warranty Extension, but for all where the Warranty doesnt exist anymore.

So i looked around all over for an Update on how to Read and Write the AWC Ecu of the Evo X with Ecuflash. Found almost nothing regarding an Bench Harness Pinout. Evoscan Site doesnt have any information for the Pins at the Ecu Site, and ACAMUS wasnt sure about the Reflash Pin ( For the Bench Mode )

Especial the Pinout Connections for an Benchflash.

Otherwise, since i own an MUT3, it would be nice to have the Update Firmware files ( commonly an CFF i believe ) for the AWC ECU ( DATA number is 8631A891 (EVO X ) and 8631A893 ( RA and Sportback ) and the PART / Soft Number is 8631A040-A and 8631A235-A

Is anyone able to Provide some Information, or maybe the files?

Many thanks in Advance
^this
Old May 6, 2016, 11:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bump from the dead!!!! who has updates on this? I see there were concerns about demand because of response ( or lack of ) on the CT9A platform,
but keep in mind ACD was only available from 05-06 as opposed to the EVO 10 that has ACD all the way from 08-16 so there is quite a few more
in comparison.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 12:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Bumping this for any possible solutions
Old May 6, 2017, 03:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
It's 2017... no updates on this?
Old Nov 3, 2020, 03:44 AM

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
Lightbulb

May as well shake the bushes and see what comes out!

ExoX ACD tables

The above i'm very certain are the tables for ACD control within the SAWC ECU (Tarmac is shown). I've defined over 145 tables in total though, and I'm sure there's even more! There's area's of the rom that have what look to be maps/tables and or axis's, but i haven't found how they are called out.
The address call and coding is similar to the EvoX EFI ECU, but my disassembly skills is limited at best, and my knowledge of the EvoX EFI ECU is almost none. To be honest, i've only looked into the EFI ECU disassembly to see if i could learn and draw conclusions as to what is going on inside the SAWC ECU.

I have modified the SAWC rom and flashed it back into the ECU and ran it in a car with zero issues. Only minor changes were made (mostly negative effect changes) for testing purposes, and there were no checksum issues or in car system errors.

With my limited experience with disassembly (let alone 32 bit code), i'm at a stall point with being able to determine what the axis's are and where they get their data. Obviously just about everything comes into the ECU via CAN, so tracing pins into the ECU and finding what ADC register it ends up in can't be done here. Mode 23 logging would be awesome!

Anyway, someone is still playing with this, but it's still slow going. Help is definitely needed to clarify things more...particularly before I'd attempt to try and make any performance improvements.
The following 3 users liked this post by ROB-80E:
goddess7 (Mar 6, 2021), groowe (Jan 1, 2023), veszett (Aug 2, 2021)
Old Aug 2, 2021, 07:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks like you've put some time into this! How are you reading/downloading and flashing the ACD?

Originally Posted by ROB-80E
May as well shake the bushes and see what comes out!

ExoX ACD tables

The above i'm very certain are the tables for ACD control within the SAWC ECU (Tarmac is shown). I've defined over 145 tables in total though, and I'm sure there's even more! There's area's of the rom that have what look to be maps/tables and or axis's, but i haven't found how they are called out.
The address call and coding is similar to the EvoX EFI ECU, but my disassembly skills is limited at best, and my knowledge of the EvoX EFI ECU is almost none. To be honest, i've only looked into the EFI ECU disassembly to see if i could learn and draw conclusions as to what is going on inside the SAWC ECU.

I have modified the SAWC rom and flashed it back into the ECU and ran it in a car with zero issues. Only minor changes were made (mostly negative effect changes) for testing purposes, and there were no checksum issues or in car system errors.

With my limited experience with disassembly (let alone 32 bit code), i'm at a stall point with being able to determine what the axis's are and where they get their data. Obviously just about everything comes into the ECU via CAN, so tracing pins into the ECU and finding what ADC register it ends up in can't be done here. Mode 23 logging would be awesome!

Anyway, someone is still playing with this, but it's still slow going. Help is definitely needed to clarify things more...particularly before I'd attempt to try and make any performance improvements.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by veszett
Looks like you've put some time into this! How are you reading/downloading and flashing the ACD?
Yep, sure have. I'm using ECUflash.

The biggest catch here is now trying to determine what inputs are at the tables. Because everything (almost) comes in via CANbus, I've reached my skill limit of disassembling the ROM and working out exactly what tables do what. Most i have educated guesses, but I'd love to know for sure.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 01:38 PM
Evolving Member

Do you have an xml file?
Old Jan 27, 2023, 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by BlueX702
Do you have an xml file?
Yes. The one I've been populating during my disassembly. Currently separated all routines as so.

Old Jan 27, 2023, 02:01 PM
Evolving Member

The one I have does not have any organization to it. Could I get your definitions?