Notices

EvoX ACD reprogramming

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2011, 09:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a quick update, well it looks like the X ACD is very advanced so far in total there are 51 maps 2D and 3D that have been found to date, Here are 2 maps that I think control part of the AYC and how it works in set modes, be it gravel/tarmac etc I think one of axis is also speed related.

Also thanks to "A" for the help

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Cheers
Lee
Old Jun 4, 2012, 01:37 AM
Silver Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
UPDATED EVOX ACD INFORMATION WEBSITE:
http://www.evoscan.com/technical-veh...d-abs-sawc-ecu
Old Jan 4, 2013, 07:08 AM
Evolving Member

any updates, id really like a more rearward bias. Under power this thing tends to light the fronts. It then tends to have understeer. It doesn't do it all the time but most of the time it does. Id like a little more power, but I'm affraid with the way it manages power now it'll only make it worse.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by humpevo311
any updates, id really like a more rearward bias. Under power this thing tends to light the fronts. It then tends to have understeer. It doesn't do it all the time but most of the time it does. Id like a little more power, but I'm affraid with the way it manages power now it'll only make it worse.

Sounds like maybe your suspension setup needs some tweaking
Old Jan 4, 2013, 06:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jason S-9
Sounds like maybe your suspension setup needs some tweaking
Wont disagree with that. Considering when the car launches it also lights the front tires (you can find videos of x's doing this easily) I would say it tends to send greater power to the front. While I dont have access to the maps to verify this is such. I never had this issue with my old 8. I also have an offset 450f/550r spring setup on the coil overs, stock rear bar for now.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 06:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Please don't say it that way. It's sloppy and inaccurate. The torque split never changes. When the ACD locks, more torque is available at each end, but it's up to the tires to use it. The ACD can't "send" more torque to one end or the other; it can only offer more torque to both ends.

If the fronts are "lighting up" on launch, then the ACD isn't locking hard enough. I doubt that changing the springs will do much and the sway-bar is totally irrelevant. Of all of the suspension components, the one that could make the most difference is the shocks.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 04:55 PM
Evolving Member

Does anyone know anyone who is really doing this for the X? There was a guy on dirtyevo who was offering this but when I said, "Ok how much and where do I send the $ and ECU" suddenly no more responses. Is it just that the guys that do it are keeping it to themselves or is the new AYC too complex? I'm getting a little impatient. Will it ever happen or should I stop dreaming? Oh, and I've PM'd the usual suspects here in evom with no response.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 09:50 PM
Evolved Member

http://www.acd-tuning.com/
Old Jan 25, 2013, 10:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sstevojr
Tuning for the X has been coming soon for a long time and I got no response when I inquired awhile ago
Old Jan 26, 2013, 04:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Dynoproject.hu
Old Jan 28, 2013, 05:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
Dynoproject.hu
thanks Rob but I don't see how to cantact them and I can't read the web page.

I am stuck with the stock ACD controler since I have the SST and all the aftermarket controlers only work with the 5 speed. Before you say it, I know I should get a 5 speed but I want to see what the SST can do in rally. If it can't take it, I'll do a swap and ecu/acd. Until then I'm going with more cooling of the SST and gonna see how it does. It should be a nice super production car once it's done.

Last edited by Subi.convert; Jan 28, 2013 at 05:25 PM.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 03:23 AM
sba
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hello,

I'm the guy who made this acd possible. But after i lost 2 years in the evo 9 acd development people were very uninterested. This lowered my interest for evo x acd.
Reading and writing is on for evo x, file is pretty much dissasembled. But why should i continue?

David from dynoproject had a discussion with me about this but he was very reticent. So i don't know about him having any tuning for evo x acd.

Acd-tuning is also based on my knowledge but no interest.

Untjl now i'm the to talk too.

S.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 03:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Subi.convert
thanks Rob but I don't see how to cantact them and I can't read the web page.

I am stuck with the stock ACD controler since I have the SST and all the aftermarket controlers only work with the 5 speed. Before you say it, I know I should get a 5 speed but I want to see what the SST can do in rally. If it can't take it, I'll do a swap and ecu/acd. Until then I'm going with more cooling of the SST and gonna see how it does. It should be a nice super production car once it's done.
The problem with rally set up and the sst is the rules for the engine.
You have a very powerful engine stock for rally. Only the rods needs to be changed NOTHING else.
so with a power curb you will have the sst is not a best. Probably you will ending up between 3500-5200 rpm usable range with close to 450 lb/tq on dynodinamics, if your tuner is good.... and probably 24 peak boost.
So i am not sure the sst worth the try. But would.be interesting so see how it will work out fir you. + rally rules doesn't allow steering shifters.

If you need to talk to them they speak english or i can give you personal info where u can reach them...

Last edited by Robevo RS; Jan 29, 2013 at 01:57 PM.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 01:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sabin - i know a few people who are very interested in your work!
and who will be willing to pay $ for good ACD tweaks for the race track similar to what has been available for the CT9A platform.

I've got an SST, and i know I'm interested. and there would be several other time attack style Evo X in Australia who would be interested, too.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 05:20 PM
Evolving Member

I've never seen anything in the NASA or rally America rule book about steering shifters especially if the car came stock with this setup. I know works had a ralliart with SST that they campaigned.

This is getting off topic though. Sabin, there is definately interest for those with the SST since there are no other alternatives.

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
The problem with rally set up and the sst is the rules for the engine.
You have a very powerful engine stock for rally. Only the rods needs to be changed NOTHING else.
so with a power curb you will have the sst is not a best. Probably you will ending up between 3500-5200 rpm usable range with close to 450 lb/tq on dynodinamics, if your tuner is good.... and probably 24 peak boost.
So i am not sure the sst worth the try. But would.be interesting so see how it will work out fir you. + rally rules doesn't allow steering shifters.

If you need to talk to them they speak english or i can give you personal info where u can reach them...

Quick Reply: EvoX ACD reprogramming