Notices
ECU Flash

Evo8 Working No Response To Known Codes?(Solved, somewhat)

Old Feb 5, 2012, 06:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo8 Working No Response To Known Codes?(Solved, somewhat)

J2534 API Version: 04.04
J2534 DLL Version: 0.50.2598 Jun 26 2009 15:02:29
Device Firmware Version: 1.10.3020
sending init sequence 1 (0001)
sending init sequence 1 (0003)
sending init sequence 1 (FFFF)
no response to any known code
interface close
Well at first I was getting this error and then saw I had to connect the reflash wire to the Open Port 2.0. We never had to do this for simple reads on the H8, only for Burning. Whatever. Did it, fixed! Read, burnt, read, burnt. Didn't change much, just disabled the immobilizer on the Stock V7 Tephra Rom. This isn't my first time playing with ECUFlash or an Open Port, but was wanting to show my friend some stuff. Clicked burn and got that code. Then tried to read, and read, and read some more. All it does now is throw that code. Car runs fine, besides my stupid 'lol' rev limit I enabled haha. But other than that the car runs fine on the ECU.

I haven't tried evoscan yet because I'm waiting for a download link. But I've tried different usb cables. This is a brand new Tactrix Open Port 2.0. My car is the only car its seen. All I get is that error.

Last edited by DarkerStars; Feb 5, 2012 at 10:54 PM.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 07:43 PM
Evolving Member

do you have a mini battery, flashing is very voltage sensitive it needs just enough, Couple things you could try - drive around for a bit and try again, hookup a battery charger to boost voltage for a few minutes, or hookup jumper cables
Old Feb 5, 2012, 08:14 PM

lol battery and voltage is not an issue haha. I have a fully charged Optima Redtop that is also on a high end battery tender while I was doing this. Car starts when I think about touching the key lol.

And nothing changed from this during the time it was working, to the time it wasn't. I setup a 4500rpm rev limit and then tried it out. It worked. Left the car running for a few minutes to warm up the interior. Shut it off to try something else, and it failed. So I tried reading, over and over again and it continuously fails.

Also something I kinda noticed. The first time.... With the open port connected to the laptop only, ECUFlash said "No Vehicle Interface" or something like that. And then when you'd connect it to the car, it would say OpenPort 2.0 on Com8. Now anytime the open port is connected to the laptop only (not to the car) it still says OpenPort 2.0 on Com8.

Could the open port be bad? Please say no! I just bought it from someone on EvolutionM.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 08:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Trying the cable on another car will tell you if it's bad or not.

When it's cold out I absolutely have to run the car for a few minutes before being able to flash, even if the battery is charged. From your post it sounds like you already did this but I'll say it just to make sure: try running the car for a bit before trying to read/write.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 09:44 PM

I have been running the car to keep it warm inside, its freezing outside. everytime I read or flash I shut it off, then the ignition on. And it was working, then just stopped. Wish I wasn't the only car around here I know. "Yeah I know you don't know me, but can I read your ECU?" lol don't think that will go over well

***EDIT!*** ITs reading right now. Just revved the engine some. Shut it off. Turned key back on. Clicked Read and boom! Now that I look it might be voltage.... Even tho the car started right up. I left the Ign on and walked inside, made fun of some girl that was using my google voice to flirt with some guy lol, got a soda, walked back outside and the car wouldn't start from lack of voltage. Brand new Optima Redtop.

Last edited by DarkerStars; Feb 5, 2012 at 10:20 PM.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 06:44 PM

bump!
I have teh same problem now. I updated my periphery and now I cant get in -interface close after those
sending init sequence 1 (0001)
sending init sequence 1 (0003)
sending init sequence 1 (FFFF)
no response to any known code
interface close
Old Mar 2, 2015, 05:41 PM

Well back at it again. Haven't touched the car on a few years. And this issue is up again. Has there been any new developments... I can't read or anything. Newest ecuflash. Drivers. Windows 8.1. It shows on the Tactrix like its trying. Bad flash cable? Bad solder?
Old Mar 3, 2015, 01:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by DarkerStars
Well back at it again. Haven't touched the car on a few years. And this issue is up again. Has there been any new developments... I can't read or anything. Newest ecuflash. Drivers. Windows 8.1. It shows on the Tactrix like its trying. Bad flash cable? Bad solder?
unlocker running ??
Old Mar 4, 2015, 11:52 PM

Unlocker? What's that?