Notices
ECU Flash

How to Delete CEL Codes

Old Feb 26, 2012, 06:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to Delete CEL Codes

Tried searching but maybe I'm not doing it right for the results I'm looking for. I have 4 CEL Codes. Mainly EGR, EVAP, and fuel level sending unit codes. I need to pass emissions tomorrow, and even with the Force Pass, the guy who is my friend says it will fail just because of the check engine light, even if the computer passes me. So I need to delete the codes from the system. Or shut them off.

I am not exactly sure where in the Tephra rom it is to do this. In the Ceddy rom I was using on my older ECU it was a list of codes I had to go through and delete them from the computer. But this is different. I see an area "Peripheri" that has the codes. But only a few. Like all 4 of my codes are the first one in the 4th list. Do I change that number to something else for it to stop popping that code?

I don't have an Evap or EGR system on my car anymore so I can't just fix whatever is wrong.

And I'm not talking about going into EvoScan and clearing the codes, because they will just show right back up.

***EDIT***

Everything in ECU Periphery that has those codes is set to 0. Thats how I shut it off before. Not sure if I need to clear the codes tho. EGR is also set to Disable, that doesn't do anything for codes.

Last edited by DarkerStars; Feb 26, 2012 at 09:49 PM.

Search this Thread