Notices
ECU Flash

do these tables look ok?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2012, 08:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
do these tables look ok?

please criticize these fuel and timing maps for me. i didnt tune these. car runs ok i guess, could and should run better i think. mods are hks intake, 272's, headstuds, hg, tbe, o2 dump, evo 9 hotside on an 8 turbo, ic, ic piping, cam gears, ebc, and maybe something else im leaving out. supposedly this tune is good for 26psi. im at 26 psi right now dropping to 18 around redline. previous owner had the car tuned.

do these tables look ok?-capture.png
Old Mar 19, 2012, 08:42 PM
Evolved Member

by the way honestly im new to all this ecu flash but from what all ive read and watched on youtube i personally think these maps are crap but i want to know everyone elses opinion
Old Mar 19, 2012, 08:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
im no expert but it looks a bit lean when ur in boost. arent you suppose to targe 11-11.5 afr at wot?
Old Mar 19, 2012, 08:58 PM
Evolved Member

thats what i was thinking as well. maybe the shop put a really aggressive tune on it? the thing that is worrying me is in some of the fuel cells if you look its not smooth its suppose to get righer as it goes across and then up and down it usually gets richer then leans out some on maps i have seen and the stock map. on my tables there are a few cells that are just random like at 6500 and 80 load look at how its .9 richer than at 70 load but at 90 load its 13. im not understanding why they would do that when most of the tuning should be done around 100 load and up
Old Mar 19, 2012, 09:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Both maps need help.

Do yourself a favor and flash the STOCK maps back on and start over.... You will learn more and it will give you ample time to smooth to your liking.

Make sure you're logging with a wideband blah blah blah.

Good luck man

Oh yeah please do a log with a wideband and post it up !
Old Mar 20, 2012, 01:07 AM
Evolving Member

Maps are nothing without logs...
Post some logs and you wil have a valuable feed...
Cheers
Old Mar 20, 2012, 01:36 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
the mapping looks horrible.. im just being honest.. but try to use the 3d map when you map the car and keep it smooth.. it should help you quite a bit.. once you do it enough you get a feel for it.

i see you didnt tune it.. thats a good thing lol.

Last edited by tscompusa; Mar 20, 2012 at 01:38 AM.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 04:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Ignition table looks fine for pump fuel, but load scaling should be increased to 300 if you're hitting 26 psi. As for fuel, I'm not sure why this guy tuned closed loop area!? You need to verify actual AFR via an external wide band.

P.S. check for boost leaks, that's always a good practice when buying an Evo.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 08:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Horrible maps! Get those off the car ASAP, lol.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

i guess my assumptions were right.

i have the receipt from the previous owner getting it tuned, and im guessing he mailed them the ecu and they did it that way, idk. would i get into some **** by naming the shop that done this. i donno if they are members here but i was under the impression they were decent tuners.

and what do you guys think of b16a2delsols suggestion? thats kind of what i thought about doing was flashing the stock rom back in and starting over before i even started logging anything.

i havent done any logs yet because as soon as i downloaded my rom and seen this bs i figured it would prob be better to just start over.

by the way forgot to add that the car has a walbro pump, and i have owned the car for over 3 years with it running this tune. im just now getting around to playing with it since i finally paid it off last week. so its not like i just got the car so i dont have any boost leaks i actually just put in mil spec tb shaft seals 3 weeks ago to fix my only boost leak.

Last edited by awdordie; Mar 20, 2012 at 02:35 PM.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

I wouldn't flash a completely stock rom; just get a stock rom and copy over the timing and fuel maps into your current rom. That way if there's anything else that's modified you won't lose that.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

im comparing the two now, so far all i have seen different is fuel, timing, and injector scaling. for some reason they set the inj scaling to 609 and the stock map is at 513. injectors are stock in the car. maybe they had upgraded the injectors and he pulled them before selling the car?
Old Mar 20, 2012, 04:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by awdordie
im comparing the two now, so far all i have seen different is fuel, timing, and injector scaling. for some reason they set the inj scaling to 609 and the stock map is at 513. injectors are stock in the car. maybe they had upgraded the injectors and he pulled them before selling the car?
Possible. If you know you're on stock injectors set it back to stock like it should be.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 04:29 PM
Evolved Member

done lol. i flashed the stock fuel and timing tables back in along with nlts,flashing cel on knock count 6 or higher, and valet mode.

started the car and did a log of it warming up. took it out and immediately noticed a HUGE difference on light throttle and cruise. the idle dip i use to have is gone when coming to a stop. idle is stabilized and a tad higher than where it was. another thing is my cams no longer lope as hard i guess from less timing and more fuel now. my afr use to sit at --- at idle now its around 14.9-15.2 like it should be. i also logged 1st-5th light load no boost and cruising. afrs looked in check car felt better than it did so i did a slight pull if you could call it that while logging i think it was 2nd gear through 4th and only around half throttle 12 psi was the max i hit. check engine light never flashed which im guessing is good since its set to 6 counts of knock.

im trying to upload the logs now, but i cant even open them myself? do i have to have excel or some other program? all i have is notepad and word lol and its not making much since when opened in them.

forgot to add when in boost around 10-12psi on the run i did afr was way low around 10-10.5

Last edited by awdordie; Mar 20, 2012 at 04:45 PM.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 06:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Raptord
I wouldn't flash a completely stock rom; just get a stock rom and copy over the timing and fuel maps into your current rom. That way if there's anything else that's modified you won't lose that.
awdordie ^^^^ That is what I mentioned in the other thread so its good to see a guru noting the same thing.

This is going to be ironic for guys that have been hounding me, but do a Boost leak test before you invest too much time changing anything.

yes, you need excel.