Notices
ECU Flash

How to change inherits?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2012, 06:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to change inherits?

I'm new at tuning and have been tuning for about a week or so now. I just downloaded the tephra v7 mod and got it to work. My newb question is, is how do I get back to the evo7base inherit like I use to use? The tephra needs too much work (changing timing and fuel maps) and I wanna get back to tuning the Evo so how do I go back to the old inherit so all the tables are the same again? I tried deleting the tephra mod in the rommetadata, but now it won't let me select anything else so everything is missing.

More in depth.. I never saved any roms as v7. I've always saved my roms with the evo7base inherit, so when I try to open them, it opens them in the v7 and everything's messed up cause the tables are bigger. I can't figure out how to open them back in evo7base inherit. I tried deleting the v7 xml file from the rommetadata folder and I'll try opening the rom again in EcuFlash and all I can see is the Info tab, no timing or fuel etc tabs. And it says its still trying to inherit the v7 file. I want it to inherit the evo7base file again cause that's how it was originally saved as.

I kinda found a way around it so I can see everything again by making a new folder in rommetadata (called it evo2) without the v7 xml file in it. I set the metadata directory to /rommetadata/mitsubishi/evo2 and that will read the roms in evo7base inherit just fine, but if I try to Read the rom from ecu the part where your car selection to read from is blank. So I backed rommetadata directory to /rommetadata like its suppose to. It will give me a selection to choose from like normal but then it will again read it as v7 inherit and all the fuel, timing etc will be messed up again, or if I delete the v7 xml file it will still try to inherit it and have only the info selection tab and nothing else. I know for a fact I saved these with the evo7base inherit cause it will work fine if I do that, but now I can't read my ECU in evo7base inherit. Its stuck in v7 inherit

So really all I need is to find out how to change the inherits it reads from cause its stuck on v7

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Anubis18; Apr 10, 2012 at 07:44 PM.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 07:01 PM

really? no one knows how to change inherits?
Old Apr 10, 2012, 07:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Just open a non-v7 rom instead of a v7 rom
Old Apr 10, 2012, 07:26 PM

I never saved any roms as v7. I've always saved my roms with the evo7base inherit, so when I try to open them, it opens them in the v7 and everything's messed up cause the tables are bigger. I can't figure out how to open them back in evo7base inherit. I tried deleting the v7 xml file from the rommetadata folder and I'll try opening the rom again in EcuFlash and all I can see is the Info tab, no timing or fuel etc tabs. And it says its still trying to inherit the v7 file. I want it to inherit the evo7base file again cause that's how it was originally saved as.

I kinda found a way around it so I can see everything again by making a new folder in rommetadata (called it evo2) without the v7 xml file in it. I set the metadata directory to /rommetadata/mitsubishi/evo2 and that will read the roms in evo7base inherit just fine, but if I try to Read the rom from ecu the part where your car selection to read from is blank. So I backed rommetadata directory to /rommetadata like its suppose to. It will give me a selection to choose from like normal but then it will again read it as v7 inherit and all the fuel, timing etc will be messed up again, or if I delete the v7 xml file it will still try to inherit it and have only the info selection tab and nothing else. I know for a fact I saved these with the evo7base inherit cause it will work fine if I do that, but now I can't read my ECU in evo7base inherit. Its stuck in v7 inherit

So really all I need is to find out how to change the inherits it reads from cause its stuck on v7

Last edited by Anubis18; Apr 10, 2012 at 07:43 PM.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 07:45 PM
Evolved Member

What do you mean by "it's stuck in v7 inherit"? Did you change the evo7base.xml file to inherit from the v7 xml?
Old Apr 10, 2012, 07:51 PM

No all I did was copy and paste the v7 xml file into the /evo folder. Opened EcuFlash up and opened up a rom and it said it didn't recognize the rom file and it asked me if I wanted to define it from scratch or inherit it from another file. So I clicked on inherit from another file and clicked on the drop box and chose the v7 xml file. I then decided I don't want to use the v7 like I said and now can't get it to inherit from the evo7base file again or I cant get it to ask me what I want to inherit the rom file from again.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 08:27 PM
Evolved Member

What's the romID of the rom you opened?
Old Apr 10, 2012, 08:41 PM

Internal ID: 96420008 Its been the same rom since I've started.

inherits: 96530706
Old Apr 11, 2012, 05:29 AM
Evolved Member

There's no reason for it to inherit from v7. Delete the 96420008 xml and get a known good one. (like the EvoM SVN repository)
Old Apr 11, 2012, 08:27 AM

The best rom to use I guess is the 96530006, which is already in my meta folder. Deleted the 96420008 xml and tried opening one of my previous made roms from within my Documents folder and its still trying to inherit from v7 96530706. So I deleted every rom within the folder except the 96530006 and tried opening the my rom again and its still trying to inherit from the v7. I know for a fact that my rom is originally a evo7base inherit. I'm gonna just try to re-do it and go read directly from ECU with the 96530006 xml only in the folder.