Notices

*****Read rom issues...... PLEASE HELP*****

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2012, 06:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
*****Read rom issues...... PLEASE HELP*****

Hey guys so i am kinda new to tuning but out of necessity i have to learn how to tune myself, beings there isnt any tuners within a resonable distance of me. so i purchased EcuFlash and have my tactrix cable when i plug in and read rom i get the image below. now i think i have all the correct xml files downloaded. so i know i am missing something stupid but some help/insite would be great.
Attached Thumbnails *****Read rom issues...... PLEASE HELP*****-bin-stuff.png  
Old Apr 20, 2012, 06:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
That looks a lot like a tephraXModv1 ROM ID. You've got a modified ROM there. Nice.

55570006 is the "base" ROM ID. 55570106 is how tephra's ROM patch identifies itself.

You'll likely have dual-map capability - the ability to switch map sets via one of several methods. You'll also have some code that flashes the check-engine light at you if it sees a threshold level of knock above a certain load.

See here!

In that first post, look for the download for "2010 USDM 5MT - 55570106". Grab that xml, and put it in your EcuFlash folder... probably:

C:\Program Files\OpenECU\EcuFlash\rommetadata\mitsubishi\evo

Restart EcuFlash.

You could also probably benefit from going to goldenevo.com and downloading 55570006 xml - put that in the same directory.

Once you get all your ducks in a row, you will be able to check out the "tephraXMod" settings displayed in EcuFlash - the alternate maps, the map-switch method, the knockCEL thresholds, etc.

Don't go switching maps until you've seen what is in your alt-map fuel/timing/boost - unless you really like surprises.

Hope this helps!

Rich
Old Apr 23, 2012, 03:14 PM

thanks rich got it up and running. had to re-install ecuflash and delete EVERYthing that was in te open ecu folders. restart comp. I even got new cable for my tactrix and i finally started to work. thanks for your help rich.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 02:56 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I know there is a lot to sort through - but please do some reading before you dig into things! Your engine will thank you.

If you are working from windows 7 it can help to install ECUflash as an administrator... but if it is already working no need.

Get searching and happy tuning!
Old Apr 25, 2012, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by fostytou
I know there is a lot to sort through - but please do some reading before you dig into things! Your engine will thank you.

If you are working from windows 7 it can help to install ECUflash as an administrator... but if it is already working no need.

Get searching and happy tuning!
yeah there is a lot to research but i dont really plan on touching it till i am absolutly ready to, i have done a lot of research already but i never had anything to go off of, but now i can referance things so i think it will simpler now that i can do that! thank you for your input and i will let you guys know how it goes!