Notices
ECU Flash

ECUFlash issues -- related to USB 3.0 port on computer??

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2012, 03:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ECUFlash issues -- related to USB 3.0 port on computer??

Just wondered if anyone else has experienced this / figured this out yet...

I just got a new computer (Retina MacBook) which has USB 3.0 ports, using VMware Fusion 5. OpenPort 1.3 cable. I think there is some compatibility issue with the cable and USB 3.0 ports on the new MacBook.

On my old MacBook Pro, I had a Windows 2003 Server running in VMware Fusion. No issues using ECUFlash.

I migrated this VM to my new machine, and I have this weird issue. In device manager, it shows the OpenPort and no issues there. When ECUFlash is open, about every 2 seconds it recognizes the cable is connected (bottom right corner) and the Read, Write, and Test icons appear active. Then it stops seeing the OpenPort for about 2 seconds - bottom right of the screen no longer shows the OpenPort and the icons are greyed out. And then it comes back. Needless to say, it no longer works.

I also tried this on a Windows 7 VM with the *identical* problem. I also tried this on the OSX version of ECUFlash, and it never seems to lose connection to the OpenPort, however, it immediately errors out when I try to Read/Write/Test Write.

However, the same cable on moved back to my old computer works just fine (both in the VM and on OSX).

Also to note, I have similar issues where EVOScan cannot connect to it either, in both VMs.

Thanks,
Erik
Old Aug 31, 2012, 07:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think it should eb an issue, unless it has something to do with the 1.3 cable? I log my AFRs from my AEM wideband using my USB 3.0 port on my Dell laptop. This is through EvoScan.