x3
x4
Old Aug 10, 2017, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Evo9_Dubai
x4
x5

Also is there a SD version for this Free Fuel ECU patch for the VIII that's not Live Map? I tried to get Donner's 96536706 but it seems to be mysteriously missing. LOL!

Looking for the 96534706 3D VE version or the 96531706 2D VE SD version. I'd prefer the 9417 either 3D or 2D Speed Density ROMS, but am not picky.

Thanks!
Old Aug 11, 2017, 11:18 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 152 Likes on 116 Posts
I compared the 96534706 binary against the changes applied by the Free Fuel patch and there are multiple memory overlaps - in other words the patch will break it. Not sure about the other three.
The following users liked this post:
10isace (Aug 13, 2017)
Old Oct 4, 2017, 08:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by tscompusa
FiTronic does evo 8/9 and if you want to tune it yourself ill work something out with the person / tuner where they can tune single maps themselves and we can add their maps into the rom so its YOUR TUNE.

Feel free to pm me here or contact tom@tscomptuned.net (FiTronic - Self tune in the subject).
Originally Posted by razorlab
why do you keep trying to sell another product and your services in this thread?
Originally Posted by tscompusa
Because I don't think a lot of people know it exists. I've sold over 60 kits now. That's nothing vs what it should be.

Its simply just another option for people as is this current time.

Originally Posted by thebluesky
We understand that.However this thread is not about your product regardless of how comparable to the rom patch as it may be. We're not bagging your product, but please start your own thread about it and get out of this one to push your product. It's rather disrespectful to the thread starter.
The OP hasnt posted/commented since April 2015, one time, and before that was 4 years ago so im pretty sure its safe to say that "ast" doesnt GAF...so it seems like You guys are the only ones that care, or the only 2 that feel the need to complain about someone thats trying to help others.

Personally, I would like as much information as possible about FITronix, so every time tscompusa posts about the kit, whether its his own thread or in another, im all ears!
Old Oct 4, 2017, 10:34 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
Originally Posted by WelDun1
The OP hasnt posted/commented since April 2015, one time, and before that was 4 years ago so im pretty sure its safe to say that "ast" doesnt GAF...so it seems like You guys are the only ones that care, or the only 2 that feel the need to complain about someone thats trying to help others.

Personally, I would like as much information as possible about FITronix, so every time tscompusa posts about the kit, whether its his own thread or in another, im all ears!
lol way to bump comments we made a year ago. Go away.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 02:06 AM
Evolving Member

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
I am willing to pay for flex fuel rom for my evo 9, just like Evo X. I think its fair for Tephra to charge for the tephra xmod. Although I do not want to get a fitronic kit to run flexfuel, because my car is already wired and ready. Only needs the rom. So if the rom was available at a fee, I don't see an issue with that. Or simply go with an aftermarket ECU and call it a day.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 09:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Evo9_Dubai
I am willing to pay for flex fuel rom for my evo 9, just like Evo X. I think its fair for Tephra to charge for the tephra xmod. Although I do not want to get a fitronic kit to run flexfuel, because my car is already wired and ready. Only needs the rom. So if the rom was available at a fee, I don't see an issue with that. Or simply go with an aftermarket ECU and call it a day.
Same. I think the problem is the CT9A may not be able to VIN encode the ROM so it's only good for the one car like the X. Talking to David (Tephra), or at least I sent an email to work it out. I think if enough of us pay at once this could be released to the public? IDK. I personally prefer to pay like I do the X ROM's for FF.
Obviously it can be done as a shop is tuning without the kit. I'm under the impression the shop is keeping the ROM and XML under lock and key. I don't blame them, but would love to see the community flex.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 03:33 AM
Evolving Member

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by 10isace
Same. I think the problem is the CT9A may not be able to VIN encode the ROM so it's only good for the one car like the X. Talking to David (Tephra), or at least I sent an email to work it out. I think if enough of us pay at once this could be released to the public? IDK. I personally prefer to pay like I do the X ROM's for FF.
Obviously it can be done as a shop is tuning without the kit. I'm under the impression the shop is keeping the ROM and XML under lock and key. I don't blame them, but would love to see the community flex.
I would gladly pay David if he is interested in releasing it to the public.
The following users liked this post:
10isace (Sep 19, 2021)
Old Jun 5, 2018, 05:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Soooo.... still nothing for a 9? Ugh
Old Jun 14, 2018, 09:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have you been able to add it to 94170715
And than you for developing this map for us
Old Jul 22, 2018, 09:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've patched the 9055x701 Tephra v7 for myself using AST's code. I'm just getting my hands on an Ethanol sensor and voltage converter to test it works OK, but I have no doubts about it working as I know enough about disassembling these ECU's. But as 9055x701 is a paid for Rom from Tephra I wont be posting it for everyone to use. I can potentially patch another ROM so what ROM would be most beneficial to patch? Bear in mind this **** takes a lot of time and effort.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 10:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by assault
i've patched the 9055x701 tephra v7 for myself using ast's code. I'm just getting my hands on an ethanol sensor and voltage converter to test it works ok, but i have no doubts about it working as i know enough about disassembling these ecu's. But as 9055x701 is a paid for rom from tephra i wont be posting it for everyone to use. I can potentially patch another rom so what rom would be most beneficial to patch? Bear in mind this **** takes a lot of time and effort.
9653 sd 1
Old Jul 23, 2018, 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by mines5
9653 sd 1
The original patch is already confirmed working on 96531706 sd rom.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 07:51 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 143 Likes on 119 Posts
Originally Posted by Assault
I've patched the 9055x701 Tephra v7 for myself using AST's code. I'm just getting my hands on an Ethanol sensor and voltage converter to test it works OK, but I have no doubts about it working as I know enough about disassembling these ECU's. But as 9055x701 is a paid for Rom from Tephra I wont be posting it for everyone to use. I can potentially patch another ROM so what ROM would be most beneficial to patch? Bear in mind this **** takes a lot of time and effort.
Nice work. I've started looking into this again lately now that I'm not competing in classes that ban E85.

What Ethanol sensor and voltage converter are you using? Are there any good, robust, and compact voltage converters on the market right now? Electronics design and manufacturing is my domain, so it wouldn't be too difficult to make a rugged automotive-grade converter perhaps with some built-in failsafes for the detectable failure modes.

8859x715 gets my vote for the next ROM target. That covers all USDM Evo IXs. If you scroll back in this thread a bit, I did some preliminary RE work on the 88590715 ROM, but you'd want to double-check my work. Might be useful as a starting point.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 04:02 PM

I'm using an Arduino nano as the voltage converter with a dc-dc power supply to step down from ~12v to 7v to power the Arduino and a Resistor/Capacitor smoothing circuit on the output, in conjunction with a Continental sensor from Ballinger.

Not a lot of replies here so I'm not sure of the interest in this, but as a lot of people have asked for a IX Rom in the past then 88592715 might be a good place to start. The IX will have a bit more work involved than the 7 or 8 Rom's but it shouldn't be problem to do. Only I cant test it in any way as I don't have a IX ecu.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FreeFuel ECU patch - a flex fuel implementation to Evo ECU