FreeFuel ECU patch - a flex fuel implementation to Evo ECU - Page 27 - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community



FreeFuel ECU patch - a flex fuel implementation to Evo ECU

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 9, 2017, 12:12 AM   #391
Evolving Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Dubai
Posts: 256
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Drives: 2006 Evo9 MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by VGergo View Post
x3
x4
Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2017, 10:25 AM   #392
Evolved Member
iTrader: (12)
 
10isace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: East of the Rockies
Posts: 1,009
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Drives: my wife crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo9_Dubai View Post
x4
x5

Also is there a SD version for this Free Fuel ECU patch for the VIII that's not Live Map? I tried to get Donner's 96536706 but it seems to be mysteriously missing. LOL!

Looking for the 96534706 3D VE version or the 96531706 2D VE SD version. I'd prefer the 9417 either 3D or 2D Speed Density ROMS, but am not picky.

Thanks!
Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2017, 11:18 PM   #393
Evolved Member
iTrader: (6)
 
cdrinkh2o's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 674
Thanked 24 Times in 23 Posts

Drives: 2005 Evo VIII SSL

I compared the 96534706 binary against the changes applied by the Free Fuel patch and there are multiple memory overlaps - in other words the patch will break it. Not sure about the other three.
Offline
 
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cdrinkh2o For This Useful Post:
10isace (Aug 13, 2017)
Old Oct 4, 2017, 08:34 PM   #394
Newbie
 
WelDun1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Portland Oregon
Posts: 20
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Drives: 2005 Tarmac Black Evo 8 SSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by tscompusa View Post
FiTronic does evo 8/9 and if you want to tune it yourself ill work something out with the person / tuner where they can tune single maps themselves and we can add their maps into the rom so its YOUR TUNE.

Feel free to pm me here or contact [email protected] (FiTronic - Self tune in the subject).
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorlab View Post
why do you keep trying to sell another product and your services in this thread?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tscompusa View Post
Because I don't think a lot of people know it exists. I've sold over 60 kits now. That's nothing vs what it should be.

Its simply just another option for people as is this current time.


Quote:
Originally Posted by thebluesky View Post
We understand that.However this thread is not about your product regardless of how comparable to the rom patch as it may be. We're not bagging your product, but please start your own thread about it and get out of this one to push your product. It's rather disrespectful to the thread starter.
The OP hasnt posted/commented since April 2015, one time, and before that was 4 years ago so im pretty sure its safe to say that "ast" doesnt GAF...so it seems like You guys are the only ones that care, or the only 2 that feel the need to complain about someone thats trying to help others.

Personally, I would like as much information as possible about FITronix, so every time tscompusa posts about the kit, whether its his own thread or in another, im all ears!
Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2017, 10:34 PM   #395
EvoM Guru
iTrader: (8)
 
razorlab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Alameda, ca
Posts: 10,465
Thanked 152 Times in 134 Posts

Drives: a laptop connected to your ECU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelDun1 View Post
The OP hasnt posted/commented since April 2015, one time, and before that was 4 years ago so im pretty sure its safe to say that "ast" doesnt GAF...so it seems like You guys are the only ones that care, or the only 2 that feel the need to complain about someone thats trying to help others.

Personally, I would like as much information as possible about FITronix, so every time tscompusa posts about the kit, whether its his own thread or in another, im all ears!
lol way to bump comments we made a year ago. Go away.
Online
 
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2017, 02:06 AM   #396
Evolving Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Dubai
Posts: 256
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Drives: 2006 Evo9 MR

I am willing to pay for flex fuel rom for my evo 9, just like Evo X. I think its fair for Tephra to charge for the tephra xmod. Although I do not want to get a fitronic kit to run flexfuel, because my car is already wired and ready. Only needs the rom. So if the rom was available at a fee, I don't see an issue with that. Or simply go with an aftermarket ECU and call it a day.
Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2017, 09:14 AM   #397
Evolved Member
iTrader: (12)
 
10isace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: East of the Rockies
Posts: 1,009
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Drives: my wife crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo9_Dubai View Post
I am willing to pay for flex fuel rom for my evo 9, just like Evo X. I think its fair for Tephra to charge for the tephra xmod. Although I do not want to get a fitronic kit to run flexfuel, because my car is already wired and ready. Only needs the rom. So if the rom was available at a fee, I don't see an issue with that. Or simply go with an aftermarket ECU and call it a day.
Same. I think the problem is the CT9A may not be able to VIN encode the ROM so it's only good for the one car like the X. Talking to David (Tephra), or at least I sent an email to work it out. I think if enough of us pay at once this could be released to the public? IDK. I personally prefer to pay like I do the X ROM's for FF.
Obviously it can be done as a shop is tuning without the kit. I'm under the impression the shop is keeping the ROM and XML under lock and key. I don't blame them, but would love to see the community flex.
Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2017, 03:33 AM   #398
Evolving Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Dubai
Posts: 256
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Drives: 2006 Evo9 MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10isace View Post
Same. I think the problem is the CT9A may not be able to VIN encode the ROM so it's only good for the one car like the X. Talking to David (Tephra), or at least I sent an email to work it out. I think if enough of us pay at once this could be released to the public? IDK. I personally prefer to pay like I do the X ROM's for FF.
Obviously it can be done as a shop is tuning without the kit. I'm under the impression the shop is keeping the ROM and XML under lock and key. I don't blame them, but would love to see the community flex.
I would gladly pay David if he is interested in releasing it to the public.
Offline
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New FiTronic Official Dealer in the US (EVO 8/9 Flex Fuel) Boosted Tuning Vendor Announcements 2 Oct 4, 2017 08:05 PM
AEM Infinity Flex fuel tuning with Full Race EFR turbo kit tunermt AEM EMS 12 Sep 26, 2017 09:08 PM
Flex Fuel testing in TephraXMOD V3 tephra Ecuflash 274 Jul 24, 2017 10:46 AM
Austin's 463whp Flex Fuel Stock ECU Evo 8 JohnBradley Evo Dyno Tuning and Results 45 Jan 4, 2016 10:25 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:15 PM.


 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: