Notices
ECU Flash

New EVODROID7 EvoScan Android GPS/Logger/Reflashing CarPC Touchscreen Review

Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:23 PM
Silver Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Deeeeej1973
Hamish, any updates on delivery dates?
not yet, but I will let you know for sure.. rest assured I am working on it every day.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:57 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Slightly irrelevant but relevant. What tablet did you guys end up using for this? Also, is the program going to be available on the Android market for others to use if they already have a serial or what?
Old Jan 30, 2013, 11:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Please elaborate, from what I understand it can only monitor a few points in rpm vs afr unlike the aem which can monitor the whole rpm range.
Originally Posted by burgers22
The tephra V7 ROMs have the ability to do that with just a wideband sensor, nothing needed on the dash.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all, I've been waiting for something like this for a long time, been on the torque scan forum for Android in whichhe says they will be rreleasing a update soon for MUTII but now I've stumbled over this.
Just need to ask before I even think about putting a order in, will this be usable with my fto? Also in March I will be purchasing a gen1 3000gt as same as before will this be compatible if that's the case I would be buying 2 of these as want to mount them in the double din.
Many thanks of anyone can help me on this
Phil
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:16 PM
Silver Sponsor

hi Phil, yeah this new EvoDroid7 will work with your 1995+ vehicles if it is the 16pin obdii connector it will work. Torque will never work with Mitsubishi, it is the wrong protocol. Your best option really is EvoScan and EvoDroid7.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by evoscan
hi Phil, yeah this new EvoDroid7 will work with your 1995+ vehicles if it is the 16pin obdii connector it will work. Torque will never work with Mitsubishi, it is the wrong protocol. Your best option really is EvoScan and EvoDroid7.
He has released MUTII protocol just awaiting the PIDS in the coming weeks.
But a draw back from the evodriod7 is no bluetooth and from what I've been trying to find no Android release date. I'm undecided, whether to carry out my nexus 7 build and run torque, or await your software release if that is going ahead, or buy the evodroid7 and try to build that into the double din and go without bluetooth which isn't ideal.
I know in the long run your software at least would be the better option but I will admit I don't have the first clue on changing maps etc but can learn.
At least if I went ahead with the nexus 7 I can install the evo scan software if and when it becomes available.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 06:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I know I am (and others) sounding like a broken record - but any news on delivery?
Old Feb 5, 2013, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by limaynard
I know I am (and others) sounding like a broken record - but any news on delivery?
I've been waiting since mid-December...

Payment's been processed. Those that pre-ordered should get some bonus for the wait/early payment at least for the interest that's being earned on the amount by the vendor.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 02:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by phil-gpx
He has released MUTII protocol just awaiting the PIDS in the coming weeks.
But a draw back from the evodriod7 is no bluetooth and from what I've been trying to find no Android release date. I'm undecided, whether to carry out my nexus 7 build and run torque, or await your software release if that is going ahead, or buy the evodroid7 and try to build that into the double din and go without bluetooth which isn't ideal.
I know in the long run your software at least would be the better option but I will admit I don't have the first clue on changing maps etc but can learn.
At least if I went ahead with the nexus 7 I can install the evo scan software if and when it becomes available.
The torque implemenation, from what I can tell, is the hybrid mode, which means that it is using MUT over OBD basically. It lets you send MUT requests over OBD. So, you can log requests, but it will be slow. You send A0+mut request and it returns E0+value. I wrote an android app a couple years back to do just this and it worked fine. I just never got around to doing anything more, and since there are other options now, no need to continue. I would like Hamish's android app though and I would love for someone to write an android app for DMA logging, but that's another story.

If that doesn't matter to you and you just want to log MUT requests, then Torque will be fine for you.

What Hamish has done is used the true MUT protocol and the FTDI drivers to log the protocol and it's better speeds. I don't believe this is possible over bluetooth. But, not positive on that. Hamish can comment more.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 02:09 AM
Silver Sponsor

Originally Posted by l2r99gst
The torque implemenation, lets you send MUT requests over OBD. So, you can log requests, but it will be slow.

What Hamish has done is used the true MUT protocol and the FTDI drivers to log the protocol and it's better speeds. I don't believe this is possible over bluetooth. But, not positive on that. Hamish can comment more.
Yeah correct you are, OBD is slow and Bluetooth is even dog slower. I still cannot believe other vehicles makes and clubs don't make super fast logging like us here at evom have built. I won't settle for anything less than the fastest I can make these damn things go. just like my engine tuning, haha. faster, faster.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 02:38 AM
Silver Sponsor

@slix_88 Sorry for the waiting mate. It will be worth it, the more I work on it, the harder I realize this stuff is to build - test lots - assemble - test lots. The pre-order price is on special. Rest assured I'm still working on it every day after my day job. Just waiting on version two of the new openport 1.3DA and 2.0DA circuit boards for assembly, with a new fantastic 3 Amp inbuilt Android charger.

Here is a photo of a fully assembled new EvoScan OpenPort 1.3DA Android cable.

Lots of EvoDroid7's waiting for some cables to accompany them...
Old Feb 7, 2013, 03:12 AM

Oooooh so many evodroids, I can't stop smiling!
Old Feb 7, 2013, 03:25 AM

Would it make sense for anyone else than me to have a quick connector for the 0-5v channels and not screws? I can of course make an extension cable where I put the quick connector, but still..

Eagerly waiting on the final product
Old Feb 7, 2013, 04:33 AM
Silver Sponsor

Haha, worksie I already had that all figured out... this pic I took just for you... presenting... the quick release screw plugs...
Old Feb 7, 2013, 07:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evoscan
Yeah correct you are, OBD is slow and Bluetooth is even dog slower. I still cannot believe other vehicles makes and clubs don't make super fast logging like us here at evom have built. I won't settle for anything less than the fastest I can make these damn things go. just like my engine tuning, haha. faster, faster.
I couldn't agree more, Hamish. Which is why I have been using DMA ever since John Banks got it working and people like Ziad continued with a great app.

Maybe something to put on your todo list to add to EvoScan...DMA logging.

I've had a carpc for years, but I will definitely pick up one of your cables when available separately. Also, I was toying with the idea of using a Nexus 7 in place of the carpc, so would be interested in your Android app as well when available separately.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New EVODROID7 EvoScan Android GPS/Logger/Reflashing CarPC Touchscreen Review