Notices
ECU Flash

New EVODROID7 EvoScan Android GPS/Logger/Reflashing CarPC Touchscreen Review

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2013, 03:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Top work Hamish. So will evoscan apk be out too?
Old Feb 21, 2013, 06:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hamish, can we expect them soon?
Old Feb 22, 2013, 12:18 AM
Silver Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
yep, soon, making good progress.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 12:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hamish,

Can you pre-order the 1.3DA cable by itself with the apk software for android?
Old Feb 22, 2013, 04:23 PM
Silver Sponsor

Originally Posted by Mike01gsr
Hamish, Can you pre-order the 1.3DA cable by itself with the apk software for android?
Hi Mike, I mentioned earlier I will be getting the EvoDroid7 Kit delivered to everyone first, then will look at options for selling parts individually like cables and software.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 06:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evoscan
Hi Mike, I mentioned earlier I will be getting the EvoDroid7 Kit delivered to everyone first, then will look at options for selling parts individually like cables and software.
Sorry must have missed that post....Well I'll be waiting. Thanks for answering the question and the good work!
Old Feb 24, 2013, 08:40 AM
Evolved Member

Even if you already have an android phone or other device, I would still recommend using a dedicated display screen in the vehicle, setting up your phone in the car every time you drive is not very fun. With such a large capacitive touch screen with GPS built-in, and at such an amazing price, the processing power is 1Ghz, which is more than enough to run all major apps and games. It also has 512Mb RAM, 8GB internal and microSD storage for movies, games, and music. It is using only the best latest capacitive touchscreen – it’s not the older resistive type touchscreen, Wireless WiFi, speaker output jack, car charger, and car bracket.
Can I buy the 1.3DA cable by itself, and have access to the software?

I have a rooted nexus 7, and rooted GS3. Not afraid of doing what I need to do to use one or both with the software. I also have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, and a myriad of older android phones sitting around. I really don't want another tablet.

My laptop 'sploded so I have nothing to log or tune with ATM.

So can I please buy the android cable and bits and run it from my own stuff?

Pretty please?
Old Feb 24, 2013, 08:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Are we talking end of feb soon or end of march soon?
Old Feb 25, 2013, 08:46 AM
chu
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Asmodeus6
Can I buy the 1.3DA cable by itself, and have access to the software?

I have a rooted nexus 7, and rooted GS3. Not afraid of doing what I need to do to use one or both with the software. I also have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, and a myriad of older android phones sitting around. I really don't want another tablet.

My laptop 'sploded so I have nothing to log or tune with ATM.

So can I please buy the android cable and bits and run it from my own stuff?

Pretty please?
Old Feb 25, 2013, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by chu
I see that as only fair since some of us have been waiting for about half a year
Old Feb 28, 2013, 12:49 PM
Evolving Member

Hamish, is will the blutooth dongle allow the audio to be broadcast over it instead of using the FM transmitter? I am personally not very keen on those devices because I travel extensively and thus forced to constantly change channels....which can be frustrating and dangerous while on the road.

As for the wireless dongle, why is it necessary if the Unit already has wireless capability?

Can the logged data be transferred to the SD card and viewed that way from a standard PC?

Last edited by shadovarian; Feb 28, 2013 at 01:05 PM.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 09:35 PM

Hey Hamish,

I came over here from 3si.org. I am interest in the EvoScan7 with a 1.3DA cable for my 97 3000GT VR4. Would like to add the wifi and bluetooth dongle.

Is April still a good ETA?

Thanks.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by shadovarian
Hamish, is will the blutooth dongle allow the audio to be broadcast over it instead of using the FM transmitter? I am personally not very keen on those devices because I travel extensively and thus forced to constantly change channels....which can be frustrating and dangerous while on the road.

As for the wireless dongle, why is it necessary if the Unit already has wireless capability?

Can the logged data be transferred to the SD card and viewed that way from a standard PC?
Good questions. In for answers as well.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 05:45 AM
Silver Sponsor

finalizing things on the new Android cables every evening, its getting closer. I want it to have the latest technology, which made it more complex and longer for me to build. Rest assured, will be back with tools in hand again on throughout the weekend.
Great progress today, just received newer technology parts for the Openport 1.3DA and 3.0DA cables: EvoDroid7 Android Vehicle 3 Amp Power Supply (wow power supplies are getting super small these days!) the EvoDroid7 charges even faster now... I'm very happy.

Figure 1: Holding the new 3 amp power supply on the tip of my finger. On the Left showing the portrait style of the EvoDroid7 (has inbuilt auto rotation g-sensor), and on the right the EvDroid7 running the main menu screen.

Last edited by evoscan; Mar 1, 2013 at 05:50 AM.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 06:03 AM
Silver Sponsor

Hamish, is will the blutooth dongle allow the audio to be broadcast over it instead of using the FM transmitter? I am personally not very keen on those devices because I travel extensively and thus forced to constantly change channels....which can be frustrating and dangerous while on the road. As for the wireless dongle, why is it necessary if the Unit already has wireless capability?
Oh, you need to think of the BT usb and WiFi usb dongle as plugs, that plug in as modules into the cable side.. (not the EvoDroid7 side) the evodroid you can see in the table of features, that yes it does have wifi and fm built-in, but it has no bluetooth built in. I'm thinking of removing the cable side bt and wifi usb dongles as options, just in terms of pure speed and performance the usb cable is much better, and the fact you actually need a cable for powering the EvoDroid7 anyway. I have managed to tuck the charger cable away behind the dash and it pops out just in front of the A-pillar next to the windscreen.

yes, correct. it will log to the sdcard by default if there is one in the micro-sd port. You can actually browse to your EvoDroid7 over wifi from your PC, even with your car still parked in the driveway or garage. You can install any apps you like from the Google Playstore.. there is a ton of wifi folder sharing apps on there now.

Quick Reply: New EVODROID7 EvoScan Android GPS/Logger/Reflashing CarPC Touchscreen Review