Notices
ECU Flash

New EVODROID7 EvoScan Android GPS/Logger/Reflashing CarPC Touchscreen Review

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2012, 06:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are these units better quality then the previous? I bought a GPS Nav unit and a few months outside the warranty I had a ton of bad pixels. Its almost unusable now.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is awesome! I have been planning, searching, and scheming on how to best setup an in dash screen that would do 3 things Evoscan, Music & Navigation. I love that you're working out the details for power and getting it to switch on and off with the ignition. The only thing that could make this any more complete would be mounting the screen into dash kits and selling them as one piece.

I wonder if I could get the headphone jack out on this thing wired up to the MIT-02 harness and skip the headunit altogether, probably not worth it tho and I'll just stick a headunit in the glove box.

I'm going to submit my preorder today, hopefully I'm in the first batch and these things ship ASAP!!

Last edited by mindovaanything; Nov 29, 2012 at 01:00 PM.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 01:06 PM

I know you mentioned earlier that it will have support for AEM, LC1 & Zeitronix, is this as simple as adding a usb hub and connecting that to my ZT2? Would I have to use the additional I/O channels for oil pressure or will I be able to show oil pressure, boost, & AFR from my Zeitronix setup directly in Evoscan via usb?
Old Nov 30, 2012, 07:02 AM
Silver Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by mindovaanything
is this as simple as adding a usb hub and connecting that to my ZT2? Would I have to use the additional I/O channels for oil pressure or will I be able to show oil pressure, boost, & AFR from my Zeitronix setup directly in Evoscan via usb?
wooha, hold up. with this new technology, usb hubs are no longer needed, usb to serial adapters are no longer needed, and dlp-io8 or dlp-io20's are no longer needed. Zeitronix sends that data for oil, boost, afr all in one serial packet along the serial cable. this new evoscan openport 1.3DA and 3.0DA cables have a serial RX input line, so that you can datalog all the zt2 data, and other serial widebands directly without the need of usb-serial adapters. cool huh!
Old Nov 30, 2012, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
So we should be able to add our signal from our widebands (lc-1 in my case) to the evodroid and not worry about hooking up the serial cable that comes with the wideband?
Old Dec 1, 2012, 07:32 PM
Silver Sponsor

Originally Posted by vmrevo9
So we should be able to add our signal from our widebands (lc-1 in my case) to the evodroid and not worry about hooking up the serial cable that comes with the wideband?
yep. widebands come with two wires... one for serial and one for analog. you can just feed either one of these wires into the new openport 1.3DA or openport 3.0DA cable, and read the wideband data. analog from the wideband only gives you AFR. whereas the serial wire can give you multiple pieces of data, i.e. oil press, oil temp, boost, rpm, afr, etc.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 08:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by evoscan
yep. widebands come with two wires... one for serial and one for analog. you can just feed either one of these wires into the new openport 1.3DA or openport 3.0DA cable, and read the wideband data. analog from the wideband only gives you AFR. whereas the serial wire can give you multiple pieces of data, i.e. oil press, oil temp, boost, rpm, afr, etc.
Great to hear, I was planning on running the line from my lc1 to the ecu. But I think I like this idea better. I also have a Prosport oil pressure gauge but the sender sends a resistive value to the gauge. I would like to find a way to maybe add this to the openport cable as well. It will help with cleaning up the interior

Thanks for replying I know you must be swamped.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by evoscan
wooha, hold up. with this new technology, usb hubs are no longer needed, usb to serial adapters are no longer needed, and dlp-io8 or dlp-io20's are no longer needed. Zeitronix sends that data for oil, boost, afr all in one serial packet along the serial cable. this new evoscan openport 1.3DA and 3.0DA cables have a serial RX input line, so that you can datalog all the zt2 data, and other serial widebands directly without the need of usb-serial adapters. cool huh!
That's freaking awesome! I really won't need the Zeitronix gauge anymore at all if all that data is being show on screen in evoscan. Ok so when are these gonna be ready? If I don't preorder am I going to be screwed over and not be able to get one until the next batch or are these going to be readily available?
Old Dec 2, 2012, 09:16 AM

When do you plan to add support for 2013 EVOs? This is keeping me from pulling the trigger this very microsecond. I PM'd you as well.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 03:43 AM
Silver Sponsor

Originally Posted by bellacotim
When do you plan to add support for 2013 EVOs? This is keeping me from pulling the trigger this very microsecond. I PM'd you as well.
I will have a chat with Golden, to see if there is already an EvoX 2013 evoscan mode23 xml file available, if so, then yes EvoDroid7 will support 2013 evoX straight away.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 10:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hamish, so I can wire a 3 BAR MAP Sensor into the cable and log boost?

How easy is it configure?

Thanks...
Old Dec 6, 2012, 12:15 AM

I know if I leave my Tactrix OpenPort 2.0 plugged into the OBD2 port, that it will continue to draw current even after I turn off the car. This could drain the car's battery over the course of several days. Will your device continue to draw as well? If so, how much? My concern is that the tablet will present a much bigger load than what we've seen. Or, does the tablet power down right automatically when you turn off the ignition?
Old Dec 6, 2012, 09:55 AM
Silver Sponsor

yeah as mentioned earlier, it powers down the cable and the android when you turn the key off, as long as you wire in the ACC wire to one of the inputs on the cable.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 05:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
So, any news on shipping date?

thanks...
Old Dec 10, 2012, 07:13 AM
chu
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just ordered mine!

Quick Reply: New EVODROID7 EvoScan Android GPS/Logger/Reflashing CarPC Touchscreen Review