Notices
ECU Flash

New EVODROID7 EvoScan Android GPS/Logger/Reflashing CarPC Touchscreen Review

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2016, 05:04 PM
Silver Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by psfp
I was using my Kindle Fire HD 6 to run the Evoscan app. I updated the Kindle OS and Evoscan stopped working (IOIO error). Then I tried install the previous OS back, but my Kindle has bricked.

So I tried to install the Evoscan in my Galaxy Note 4, but it couldn't connect to the vehicle ECU. Luckly I had a Galaxy S3 that I didn't use anymore. I installed the app in the S3 and it is working perfectly.
Thats awesome news that its working perfectly on the S3. I have updated the EvoDroid software to work on any size screen resolution now.

I am thinking of selling the software on its own, alongside the 1.3DA and 3.0DA cables on their own. USB cables are still hugely superior in terms of both charging and data-logging.

Let me know if you are keen, and I will expedite the process of doing another batch
Old May 26, 2016, 05:16 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by evoscan
Thats awesome news that its working perfectly on the S3. I have updated the EvoDroid software to work on any size screen resolution now.

I am thinking of selling the software on its own, alongside the 1.3DA and 3.0DA cables on their own. USB cables are still hugely superior in terms of both charging and data-logging.

Let me know if you are keen, and I will expedite the process of doing another batch
Hi Hamish. Actually I really like the idea to use the S3 as my Evodroid, as I don't need many items on the screen, but I'm still able to log lots of info using the Rax Patch.

My only concern at this time is the External Sensor evaluate formula not working properly, as I told you by email. I found a way around it, but it would be nice to get it working as it should. Perhaps it's something obvious that I'm not seeing.

Other than that, do you have any tips to improve the logging speed?
Old May 26, 2016, 06:58 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
if you can show me a RPi3 that has a touchscreen as good as Amazon Kindle FireHD, for less than $200, let me know. I have never seen one. I don't ever expect rpi3 to be any good. rpi2/rpi3 is overpriced for what it is.
as far as i know the pi isnt constrained to any particular hardware. There is an official touch screen that they sell, but i have no idea how it stacks up against the kindle fire's screen. I guess with the PI it really depends on what you are trying to accomplish. Im sure there are better solutions for certain things, but it has its niche where its hard to beat.

On a different note, I would definitely be interested in an Al La carte evodroid/1.3DA cable offering. With hardware going obsolete as fast as it does, it would be nice to have something that isn't bound to any particular device.
Old May 28, 2016, 06:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am interested in just the software! ive been trying to contact you for a while

Old May 30, 2016, 12:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am sure there are a bunch of people interested in that. I have been waiting to replace the old evoscan winCE device, but would rather bring my own android tablet than buying a new one as a package just to get the software.
Old May 30, 2016, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by hkumar
I am sure there are a bunch of people interested in that. I have been waiting to replace the old evoscan winCE device, but would rather bring my own android tablet than buying a new one as a package just to get the software.
Yeah! Me too
My Nexus is alrdy in my 3000GT, in the middle Pod via a Double Din Frame. Just Evoscan is on my wishlist.#
@ Hamish: PLS make the APK buy able
Old Jun 3, 2016, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Terranigma
Yeah! Me too
My Nexus is alrdy in my 3000GT, in the middle Pod via a Double Din Frame. Just Evoscan is on my wishlist.#
@ Hamish: PLS make the APK buy able
me three !
Old Jun 4, 2016, 04:27 PM
Evolved Member

My car literally just turned me back into a tuner today after replacing a rotted out fuel line with -6AN from the tank to the rail. It won't even idle.

I haven't touched a thing in almost 5 years.

I just bought a laptop so I can try to get my stuff going again, as outside of this - I need a PC for absolutely nothing in life. Please, for the love of all that is holy. Let me use this on my phone. I just spent hundreds on a laptop I would sooner put a bullet through than use.

And I have android tablets and phones laying everywhere.

How much do you want?
Old Jun 5, 2016, 04:54 AM

see, we all have some cash ready to throw your way so that we can enjoy this!!! please, please, please sell us the apk..... i was even willing to purchase the whole evodroid from you but website says 99.999.00 way too much for me lol
Old Jun 22, 2016, 07:38 AM
Evolving Member

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Bump for the software alone.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 05:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any update as to the status of 8" evodroid kindlefires?
Old Jul 25, 2016, 03:07 AM

Visited the EvoScan website recently, in hopes of purchasing EvoDroid setup.. Seeing pricing all messed up at checkout ( seems math is VERY wrong ). I place a ticket for the issue a couple of months back but, still no response. Is anyone managing the site? Also, bump for status updates on EvoDroid 8 for release / purchase.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by mlstrdc
Visited the EvoScan website recently, in hopes of purchasing EvoDroid setup.. Seeing pricing all messed up at checkout ( seems math is VERY wrong ). I place a ticket for the issue a couple of months back but, still no response. Is anyone managing the site? Also, bump for status updates on EvoDroid 8 for release / purchase.
Seems it is kind of dead...
Last 3-4 month no sign of Harmish
Old Jul 28, 2016, 08:34 PM
Silver Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Terranigma
Seems it is kind of dead...
Last 3-4 month no sign of Harmish
yeah I'm still here the whole time, the technology keeps expiring, the devices and parts it was originally made on, are now all out of production. keeping up with technology advances is tough. it is still work in progress for the next batch. and instead of pre-orders, we are now assembling more before listing them on the website.

Cheers,
-Hamish.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 12:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah I'm still here the whole time, the technology keeps expiring, the devices and parts it was originally made on, are now all out of production. keeping up with technology advances is tough. it is still work in progress for the next batch. and instead of pre-orders, we are now assembling more before listing them on the website.

Cheers,
-Hamish.

Does this mean the "line" you created previously for the next batch is invalid and i'll have to hawk the site for one =/?

Quick Reply: New EVODROID7 EvoScan Android GPS/Logger/Reflashing CarPC Touchscreen Review