Notices
ECU Flash

New EVODROID7 EvoScan Android GPS/Logger/Reflashing CarPC Touchscreen Review

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2012, 02:04 AM
Silver Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by GregM
I assume this new cable will work and be needed for any other Android device once you release the software? I'm keen to get this running on my S3, so would be interested in just the cable if thats the case.
correct, this new cable will support all non-root and root android devices, ANY and all Android Devices using a standard mini usb or standard micro usb cable. The cable is on pre-order special for just $57, so get yours now with the EvoScan Android GPSNav with the EvoDroid7 you get a license key to run the EvoScan Android software and new OpenPort 1.3DA/3.0DA cables on all your android devices you own. I will be getting the EvoDroid7 Kit delivered to everyone first, then will look at options for selling parts individually like cables and software.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 05:14 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Holly **** Hamish its about d@mn time!! Lol, I am soo stoked right now for this! Ordering this right now. Is there a auto turn on and run of evoscan on power? I have to say that I truly love this no hassle approach! I loved my old GPSnav until it died on me after A LOT of continuous use!
Old Oct 24, 2012, 06:09 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In for for updates. To preorder the 1.3DA cable do we need to buy the tablet also? I have a Galaxy Tab2 7 and would like to use just the software and the cable.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 09:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Pre-Ordered mine with the new 1.3DA cable. I 'think' I understood that this new unit doesn't yet have reflash support? but at some point in the future it will? I use my current Windows based GPSNav as an emergency flash tool in case I get stuck somewhere where e85 isn't available. If I run low on e85, I don't have to rely on packing my laptop around to get home, just drive to the nearest pump, flash my 92 octane tune, then fill up.

What kind of timeline are we looking at?

Thanks
John-
Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JohnnyTSi
Pre-Ordered mine with the new 1.3DA cable. I 'think' I understood that this new unit doesn't yet have reflash support? but at some point in the future it will? I use my current Windows based GPSNav as an emergency flash tool in case I get stuck somewhere where e85 isn't available. If I run low on e85, I don't have to rely on packing my laptop around to get home, just drive to the nearest pump, flash my 92 octane tune, then fill up.

What kind of timeline are we looking at?

Thanks
John-
Any reason you haven't installed Dynotech's map switching harness? This way you don't have to reflash you ECU, you can just flip a switch into order to switch between your 93 and E85 maps.

Buy: https://secure.buschurracing.com/cat...oducts_id=1420

Installation instructions:http://dynotech-tuning.com/instructions.zip

-Bink
Old Oct 24, 2012, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by evoscan
wrong, this is how it works...

I have made a huge technology leap in diagnostic cables, and actually made the CABLE the USB HOST! your android is now the device slave and communicates via the usb debugging port on the EvoDroid7.

This new cable is like none other before it. It is on pre-order special at just $57USD each, I would just buy this new android cable, and use the reflashing cable only when needed, so that you don't wear out your expensive openport 2.0 cable.

Take note the DA on the end of the new 1.3DA and 3.0DA cables refers to Datalogger / Android. There is the possibility of using these cables also for reflashing, I will send out more detail on this later.
correct, this new cable will support all non-root and root android devices, ANY and all Android Devices using a standard mini usb or standard micro usb cable. The cable is on pre-order special for just $57, so get yours now with the EvoScan Android GPSNav with the EvoDroid7 you get a license key to run the EvoScan Android software and new OpenPort 1.3DA/3.0DA cables on all your android devices you own. I will be getting the EvoDroid7 Kit delivered to everyone first, then will look at options for selling parts individually like cables and software.
Nice! Exactly the information I wanted to know. So with the pre order we'll get a license for the Android/Evoscan Software... Will Pre Order one as soon as paycheck comes in! I cannot wait!
Old Oct 24, 2012, 07:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by binky
Any reason you haven't installed Dynotech's map switching harness? This way you don't have to reflash you ECU, you can just flip a switch into order to switch between your 93 and E85 maps.

Buy: https://secure.buschurracing.com/cat...oducts_id=1420

Installation instructions:http://dynotech-tuning.com/instructions.zip

-Bink

Thanks Bink for pointing me in this direction, I just spent 20 mins reading up on alt maps. Not sure how I overlooked the ability to switch maps based on an external toggle switch. Seeing it was so easy to just reflash with the GPSNav I wasn't interested enough in random posts I ran into about alt maps to chase up details.

I'll definately put this on my todo list, looks easy enough to do.

Thanks,
John-
Old Oct 25, 2012, 03:54 AM
Silver Sponsor

Using one of the 4 input/outputs of the EvoScan 1.3DA or 3.0DA cable, and EvoDroid7 you could press a button on the screen and it would switch maps for you!
Old Oct 25, 2012, 09:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JohnnyTSi
Thanks Bink for pointing me in this direction, I just spent 20 mins reading up on alt maps. Not sure how I overlooked the ability to switch maps based on an external toggle switch. Seeing it was so easy to just reflash with the GPSNav I wasn't interested enough in random posts I ran into about alt maps to chase up details.

I'll definately put this on my todo list, looks easy enough to do.

Thanks,
John-
Sure thing man!

Using one of the 4 input/outputs of the EvoScan 1.3DA or 3.0DA cable, and EvoDroid7 you could press a button on the screen and it would switch maps for you!
That's awesome! Damn, this is getting a lot more tempting....I think this is going on my Christmas list!

-Bink
Old Oct 26, 2012, 05:52 PM
Evolved Member

FML... no iPhone support
booooooo! I like group chat too much to switch lol.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 06:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Go_Lancer_Go
FML... no iPhone support
booooooo! I like group chat too much to switch lol.

The Iphone seriously sucks compared to many android phones HTC EVO 4g LTE owns your i phone, battery life, processor speed etc....
Old Oct 26, 2012, 07:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 3gturbo

The Iphone seriously sucks compared to many android phones HTC EVO 4g LTE owns your i phone, battery life, processor speed etc....
I'd have to agree, but we don't want to go there and ruin this thread by having Apple/Android bashing. Just think we are lucky that the Android version for once comes before the Apple version.

Back on topic, if you have a spare 1.3DA cable prior to their individual release, I'd love one in New Plymouth Hamish.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 12:45 AM

Can you please pm me price with postage to 4170 australia?
also $147 includes everything needed to plug n play?

cheers
Old Oct 30, 2012, 08:37 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
Can this be adapted to work on a smaller display, e.g., a 4.3" display smartphone? Would like to have something I can store in my glovebox and pull out when needed.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 05:57 AM
Silver Sponsor

Originally Posted by mrfred
Can this be adapted to work on a smaller display, e.g., a 4.3" display smartphone? Would like to have something I can store in my glovebox and pull out when needed.
the EvoDroid7 fits in my glovebox easily face down, and I even have torches and tools and all sorts in there too.

Quick Reply: New EVODROID7 EvoScan Android GPS/Logger/Reflashing CarPC Touchscreen Review