Notices
ECU Flash

New EVODROID7 EvoScan Android GPS/Logger/Reflashing CarPC Touchscreen Review

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2016, 07:25 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Is there any way to get on the list for when these go on sale? Is it just checking the website frequently?
Old Aug 4, 2016, 05:15 PM
Silver Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
I will post on here a few days before they go up.
The following 2 users liked this post by evoscan:
mctonyb (Aug 4, 2016), mlstrdc (Aug 8, 2016)
Old Sep 19, 2016, 07:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any updates on this?
Old Dec 12, 2016, 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by evoscan
yeah I'm still here the whole time, the technology keeps expiring, the devices and parts it was originally made on, are now all out of production. keeping up with technology advances is tough. it is still work in progress for the next batch. and instead of pre-orders, we are now assembling more before listing them on the website.

Cheers,
-Hamish.
Harmish, my N7 (2013) is still waiting for Evoscan in my 3000GT. Since 2015 its mounted in the Dash but Evoscan is still missing

I alrdy spend lot of money for crappy android logging software and the Evoscan usb cable but nothing works. Evoscan via Win 7 Laptop works great but my N7 Tablet is so lonely in the dash!
Pls make it possible to buy the Evoscan APK!
Old Dec 12, 2016, 12:48 PM
Evolving Member

Hey Hamish,

Maybe you can consider adjusting your strategy as follows:
1. Design the APP for a more generic device experience (min CPU, display, etc). This allows the customer to bring their own device. There's no way to compete with Amazon selling tablets for $40 USD.
2. Provide super clear instructions for set-up and custom ROM install. I'm currently stuck here which has led to my not using the EvoDriod. If I leave it plugged in to the MUT port it'll drain my battery.
3. Charge an appropriate amount for the USB / MUT interface. $299? Enough so you're motivated to work on and support the project. The end cost for the customer is the same or less, and you actually make more money by shifting your hours of ROM flashing to them. It also reduces your exposure to purchasing soon out of date tablets, and all kinds of import / export duties.
4. Post the APK on the web site like you do for EvoScan. That way those of us who have paid don't need to pester you for updates. I'm assuming that the APK is worthless without the hardware, so tight control has no effect on your revenue.

Seems like a win for everyone.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 02:14 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
or design your own hardware to drive physical gauges, maybe your own custom evoscan gauges.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 03:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
Originally Posted by Nimpoc
Hey Hamish,

Maybe you can consider adjusting your strategy as follows:
1. Design the APP for a more generic device experience (min CPU, display, etc). This allows the customer to bring their own device. There's no way to compete with Amazon selling tablets for $40 USD.
2. Provide super clear instructions for set-up and custom ROM install. I'm currently stuck here which has led to my not using the EvoDriod. If I leave it plugged in to the MUT port it'll drain my battery.
3. Charge an appropriate amount for the USB / MUT interface. $299? Enough so you're motivated to work on and support the project. The end cost for the customer is the same or less, and you actually make more money by shifting your hours of ROM flashing to them. It also reduces your exposure to purchasing soon out of date tablets, and all kinds of import / export duties.
4. Post the APK on the web site like you do for EvoScan. That way those of us who have paid don't need to pester you for updates. I'm assuming that the APK is worthless without the hardware, so tight control has no effect on your revenue.

Seems like a win for everyone.
make it work on this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=AA5DG9OALOPXX
Old Dec 13, 2016, 12:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
I really don't wanna read 88 pages, but I will if need be, what is this evo scanner thing you guys are talking about
Old Dec 17, 2016, 09:25 AM
Evolving Member

any update on when new ones will be available?
i would also be interested in buying a 7in tablet like a kindle fire and paying for hardware and an app.
please get back to us!
Old Dec 17, 2016, 10:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't know much in the realm of programing, but would it be easier to create an app for a windows tablet vs an android one?
Old Dec 17, 2016, 10:39 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
Originally Posted by haxr303
I don't know much in the realm of programing, but would it be easier to create an app for a windows tablet vs an android one?
This already exists, its called evoscan. I would advise verifying the tablet is upto the task though, i tried to use an HP Stream 7" and its logging speed was just too slow to be useful.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 08:31 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have somewhat almost kind of been following this, but I'm looking to put something together on my evo and was hoping to get a few simple questions answered:

1) Does evoscan run on Android? If so where can I download the apk?
2) Has anyone (or can anyone) convert the Windows application to a UWP (Universal Windows Platform) app? This way it can be run on Win RT as an "app"?
3) Is there any port to linux? Is the source code available or open source?

Thank you in advance for anyone who can answer these questions.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 06:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by evoscan
I will post on here a few days before they go up.
So whats the status on these Hamish ? Is it going to be available soon ? Did you decide not to offer them any longer or working on something a little different etc... ?
Old Jun 12, 2017, 02:45 PM

Any ETA updates?
Old Jun 18, 2017, 07:52 PM
Evolving Member

....BUMP
any news on this?

Quick Reply: New EVODROID7 EvoScan Android GPS/Logger/Reflashing CarPC Touchscreen Review