Notices
ECU Flash

Flashing an Airtrek Turbo

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2014, 08:03 AM
VVV

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
3.5 turns counter-clockwise. The screw is at the side of the valve body, under the oil pan.
Old May 31, 2015, 11:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to bring this back from the dead - anyone out there still working on/with these critters?
This thread comes up number one on google - at least for English speaking!

All the links to complete definitions seem to have gone dead, I've managed to piece one together from various places and can share if anyone is looking for it - has all the usual stuff and proper working shift speed & mapping control all working happily. Don't have any of the launch control bits working, looks like I need to learn Russian to get that info!

I've got a very-end-of-production vintage, so far just has exhaust, FMIC and reflash, amazing how much the wee thing wakes up when it isn't handicapped. Got a 20g TD05HR sitting in the garage for some 1/4 mile lols once I have some time free to fit it, aiming for a high 12 still jacked up on the balloon tyres
Old Jun 1, 2015, 03:11 AM

Do you use 89970017 rom or something like that? Cause I don't see how you've got any problem with definitions.

People just don't bother with latest versions. 89970010 is enough for stock turbo purposes and GT-A rom 80700010 is compatible with Airtrek ECU and is most commonly used for TD05 setups
Old Jun 1, 2015, 06:25 AM

I still have my Airtrek, but the tranny signed off.......its been sitting garaged for almost 2 years now.
the car shifts very forcefully into 3rd when at less then 50% TPS.
Over 50% (under load) it shifts smoothly, suspect wave spring and planetary aare shot. Havent opened it up though, lost interest.....

I do have the GregM's definition which is considered the most comprehensive last time I checked...
I dont think he minds sharing his work, so I would be happy to send it to someone who needs it.

Greg, I know you're lurking here .....please concur!
Old Jun 5, 2015, 01:39 AM

Oh it may be that gregs def had everything included, I just couldn't find an off the shelf def online these days which included the shift maps & pressures.

If nothing else adjusting the shift points has made it a much better drive, especially dialling out the massive slip in third (forcing it to shift down to second below 30kph or so instead) and getting rid of the 5th-at-50kph shift it insists on doing or slipping in and out of overdrive when going uphill. Seem like a minor but it's changed the driving experience for the better.

Tho the extra boogie its picked up has probably helped that markedly too given how easy it is to go to td05 why you'd stick with the stock item is a mystery, as is persevering with the top mount
Old Jun 7, 2015, 07:37 PM

.ExternalClass .ecxhmmessage P { padding:0px; } .ExternalClass body.ecxhmmessage { font-size:12pt; font-family:Calibri; } Hey Guys I have been reading all of your stuff. I too own a 2004 Airtrek Turbo. It is manual converted and has a lot of modifications. Currently 260whp on 16psi (roughly) and 320nm (according to ecuflash but seems like more). I have created a fb page called "Mitsubishi Airtrek Club New Zealand". Please add yourselves to this and we can open up more conversation on there. I myself tune my car and have a good friend who is very experienced in tuning airtreks. He knows a lot about the ecu and their bugs.

My engine is 2.0L long rod 86mm Manley forged pistons, td05hr, water to air intercooler, 3" exhaust, 1000cc injectors, evo 7 gearbox, brembo front brakes. Got many more mods, this just lists a few.

Injector wise when I put my ID1000's in, I set them up as per other info gathered for scaling etc off the supermerge file:

ID 1000s

Scaling
:

latencies
4.69v
=
7.03v
=
9.38v
=
11.72v
=
14.06v
=
16.41v
=
18.68v
= .624

I set them up exactly like this, and they didn't work. Ran really lean around idle 17:1 or so. I kept scaling as is, and adjusted the latencies by about +.300ms. For every .1ms you add about 10% fuel at idle, 5% at cruise and almost nothing at wide open. Once set up as below they work just fine. Don't know if it is a glitch in gregs 89970010 xml file but its way off what the evo says to use.

4.69v = 5.628
7.03v
=
9.38v
= 2
11.72v
=
14.06v
=
16.41v
= 1
18.68v
= .924

Above made them work normally. So just set them to 680 scaling and adjust latencies until you get it about right at idle and you should be sussed.

Dont forget to look up the Mitsubishi Airtrek Club New Zealand feel free to add myself too on FB Bradley Scales
Old Jun 7, 2015, 08:54 PM

I think you have wrong InjectorLatency scaling in you description.
It should be x*[Injector latency base], but EcuFlash doesn't support ROM data dependant scalings.
People usuallly copy-paste x*0.024 ms scaling but Airtrek 89970010 rom has latency base of 15us/discrete.
Or you didn't modify low ipw nonlinearity compensation
Old Jun 7, 2015, 10:56 PM

This is what I have got. So why would my latency be way off?
Attached Thumbnails Flashing an Airtrek Turbo-capture5.png  
Old Jun 8, 2015, 02:56 AM

Originally Posted by VVV
3.5 turns counter-clockwise. The screw is at the side of the valve body, under the oil pan.

Thank you very much.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 06:05 AM
VVV

Originally Posted by MarkyNZ
If nothing else adjusting the shift points has made it a much better drive, especially dialling out the massive slip in third (forcing it to shift down to second below 30kph or so instead) and getting rid of the 5th-at-50kph shift it insists on doing or slipping in and out of overdrive when going uphill. Seem like a minor but it's changed the driving experience for the better.

Did you just move the shift points or shift speeds also? Can you share your modified maps?

I was experimenting with shifting points some time ago, but got a VERY rough shifting AT, so I reverted back to driving in stick mode :-)
Old Jun 9, 2015, 12:57 PM

I still have a few of the auto mod stuff in the ecu to increase shift speed.

I copied it from a russian site and didn't do it quite as aggressive, works OK on the track 3rd starts getting sloppy though so i came off the track as the gearbox was getting hot.

I had a 03 airtrek which i did a td05 conversion, FMIC injectors and tune.
Now have a evo 7 GT-A, so have spent some time learning how to tune and ecu mod.

Also have the auto launch control however you need to mod the rom first which i don't know how to do. makes for good auto launching at full boost!

I am in Auckland, NZ
Old Jun 15, 2015, 07:33 AM

hi,
may i know the stock fuel regulator presure (how many bar/psi)?
Our fuel regulator same with Evo 7.5 GTA?
Old Jun 16, 2015, 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by yskyes
hi,
Most stock injectors and even aftermarkets ones are measured at 3bar... However, it is best to use an air/fuel ratio gauge to determine the optimum settings..
Old Jun 16, 2015, 02:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by yskyes
hi,
It is different to Evo GTA. It would be worthwhile to change it along with evo fuel rail if you plan to install evo fuel injectors and TD05 turbo or you can install aftermarket FPR for boosting you car up somewhat up to 1.3-1.4 Bar with stock frame turbo and keep stock injectors in place. Other than that there is no reason to bother with fuel pressure regulator.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 02:47 AM

Can someone please help me with the definition xml file for 2004 Airtrek.

I have some dyno time booked next wednesday and am keen to have a bit of a tinker with my tuner. At this stage car is completely stock.

There are a few of use here in QLD, Australia now.

If someone could email through to dr_unstable (at) hotmail.com

Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: Flashing an Airtrek Turbo