Notices
ECU Flash

Evo 6 WBO & 3 Bar MAP for logging

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2019, 03:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo 6 WBO & 3 Bar MAP for logging

Hi. I'm installing my AEM uego wideband & GM 3 bar map w/ pigtail harness to my E6 GSR for datalogging. Could only find instructions for E7-9 and I'm not certain if these apply to earlier (doubt). Here is what I've dug info wise.

- MAP sensor hooked to FP line with T-piece, wire to ecu following: 75 signal, 81 power & 92 ground should log @ C3?
-Wideband lower portion of downpipe ~2" from flange 3 o'clock position. Wiring same for power and ground 81, 92? White wire (signal) 73 pin? Seems blank in ecu pinout but no idea where it logs.

Someone shine some light to me & tell what i'm missing / what is to correct.
-
Old Sep 16, 2019, 10:02 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Sounds right mate, I know I had to change the logging request if in evoscan from the default ceddymod xml. It needs to be changed to the request I'd as the rear o2 sensor when connected to pin 75. Pin 73 was used in earlier versions but wasn't able to give consistent results. It seems that the code in the rpm was switched to pin 75 but the evoscan xml was never updated to match.

I also noticed that the clutch switch and map switch request ids must be wrong also as they dont work, but the feature does, havnt found the correct request ids for those yet..
Old Sep 16, 2019, 11:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by XxOLIVERxX
Sounds right mate, I know I had to change the logging request if in evoscan from the default ceddymod xml. It needs to be changed to the request I'd as the rear o2 sensor when connected to pin 75. Pin 73 was used in earlier versions but wasn't able to give consistent results. It seems that the code in the rpm was switched to pin 75 but the evoscan xml was never updated to match.

I also noticed that the clutch switch and map switch request ids must be wrong also as they dont work, but the feature does, havnt found the correct request ids for those yet..
Hi. I went external with the WBO2 and map sensor haven't fitted yet. Flashed ceddymods over the weekend & running with my previous map untill I can get my logging on point, lol.

You mean when logging with ceddy efi setup in evoscan the id's are wrong for 3bar map? If so, have you figured it out? I'mma try check some of those over the weekend. You run SD or MAF?
Old Sep 17, 2019, 03:09 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by XxOLIVERxX

Mapswitch & Clutswitch can be logged but actually you need to log the whole byte: Port C on address B2. The value of the byte will switch between 9 and 25 when you switch the map switch.
9 = binary: 1001 and 25 = binary: *00011001‬ indicating in BOLD is the mapswitch

For clutch switch you need to log Port A on address B0

Last edited by rjwkerkhof; Sep 17, 2019 at 03:24 AM.