Notices
ECU Flash

Fuel Cut and Load Limit removal for EVO 9 SD Tephra???

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2013, 12:47 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuel Cut and Load Limit removal for EVO 9 SD Tephra???

I have an EVO 8 map which has an option under Global fuel "Set to 9 to remove load/fuel limit". Is there an EVO 9 Tephra Speed Density map with that option written in the code and where do I find it? I searched at least 10 different terms with no results.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 02:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Nope that option it not on the SD map for the 9, but there is the option to set it to a load limit of 638 which basically is disabled.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 07:57 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by evo8426
Nope that option it not on the SD map for the 9, but there is the option to set it to a load limit of 638 which basically is disabled.
I set the fuel cut limit to 638 and it's still hitting fuel cut at 34 psi. ID 2000 injectors and 2 044 pumps, so it's getting plenty of fuel, and nothing is being pushed to the edge. On the datalog you can see the injector duty cycle go to 0 when it happens. It only happens at full throttle, if you give it 75% it's fine. All the sensors seem to be working correctly, and no settings are off. I also raised the fuel cut delay to it's highest possible setting, and it helped a bit. Now it fuel cuts only half the time. I was reading about setting the ve vs. map sensor. Would this be an option? This car is being a problem child.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 09:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Flyin EVO 2
I set the fuel cut limit to 638 and it's still hitting fuel cut at 34 psi. ID 2000 injectors and 2 044 pumps, so it's getting plenty of fuel, and nothing is being pushed to the edge. On the datalog you can see the injector duty cycle go to 0 when it happens. It only happens at full throttle, if you give it 75% it's fine. All the sensors seem to be working correctly, and no settings are off. I also raised the fuel cut delay to it's highest possible setting, and it helped a bit. Now it fuel cuts only half the time. I was reading about setting the ve vs. map sensor. Would this be an option? This car is being a problem child.
Might be a dumb question, but did you change the fuel cut multiplier to bring the 638 value into effect?
Old Jun 27, 2013, 09:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Flyin EVO 2
I have an EVO 8 map which has an option under Global fuel "Set to 9 to remove load/fuel limit". Is there an EVO 9 Tephra Speed Density map with that option written in the code and where do I find it? I searched at least 10 different terms with no results.
BTW, if you reach the load and/or fuel limit, there will be no cut, the load value just won't go higher and likewise with the injector pulse width. It's a cap o nthe maximum value and not a cut.

I also recall reading that these limits are already disabled in the SD Roms due to the way the ROM caluclates load.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 09:59 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
correct on the sd conversion. it replaces the load sanity check routine that the "9" setting disabled.

the 638 load limit patch should take care of your issue. are you sure that you applied the patch correctly? what load are you hitting when fuel cut occurs?