Notices
ECU Flash

odd little issue

Old Jun 28, 2013, 07:55 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
odd little issue

Hey guys, I'm not sure what this issue is but was wondering if you guys might be able to help me.

I recently finished my 2.3L HTA86 build, and I'm having an issue with the idle. I'm running the Tephra V7 Fuel Temp SD tune (which ran fine before the build).

Now the issue I'm having is this. My car is running rich, rich enough for me to see fuel fumes coming out of my exhaust (black smoke) at an idle. Now I just replaced my WB sensor (literally 3 days ago as it was reading 14.9 only, never fluctuated), and since the replacement, my car will jump from 14.2-14.5 to 18.0+. And it's back and forth, and won't stabilize, so I can't tell how lean or rich I'm running. Is that a fault with the tune or is my other new 02 sensor bad? I can post up a pic of my fuel maps if you'd like. I'm lost and I'd like to get this taken care of before I really start driving my car again. Thanks in advance for any help.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 09:28 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Evowith750awhp
Now the issue I'm having is this. My car is running rich, rich enough for me to see fuel fumes coming out of my exhaust (black smoke) at an idle. Now I just replaced my WB sensor (literally 3 days ago as it was reading 14.9 only, never fluctuated), and since the replacement, my car will jump from 14.2-14.5 to 18.0+. And it's back and forth, and won't stabilize, so I can't tell how lean or rich I'm running. Is that a fault with the tune or is my other new 02 sensor bad? I can post up a pic of my fuel maps if you'd like. I'm lost and I'd like to get this taken care of before I really start driving my car again. Thanks in advance for any help.
Did you calibrate the sensor or it is a no need to calibrate system. Innovate's WB you have to free air calibrate. I think Zeitronix and AEM doesn't need calibration. Which do you have?
Old Jun 28, 2013, 10:10 AM
Account Disabled

Sorry, I'm running the AEM UEGO. No calibration needed.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 01:37 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AEM put a video on YouTube on how to test the WB sensor.

It was running good before with the same tune on a 2.0 or 2.3L motor? Chances are that it was a 2.0 and now you have more VE with bigger displacement. You'll need a retune. First check to make sure the WB is reading right.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 11:42 AM
Account Disabled

I actually found it was the sensor was bad, replaced and was just needing a full re-tune as well. So I pretty much had that figured out, but thanks for the reply.