Notices
ECU Flash

Anyone still having off-boost SD stutter issues?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2015, 04:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by SmurfZilla
Sidenote: Where does one get 8592715. Any notes on whats different from this compared to 88591715.
88592715 is SD 2.0 and in my opinion is much better. I ran the 88591715 rom for a short time but 2.0 since it came out.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecuflash/538024-speed-density-2-0-3d-ve-tables-baro.html
Old Sep 20, 2015, 11:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
<p>
Originally Posted by SmurfZilla
mr I was having some issues with my version of Ecuflash and SOM's. SO I haven't done much on my own. Was there a link to your 3 fixes somewhere? Also I'm not entirely sure my issue is the same. At this point the issue I'm having appears to be Throttle tip in related. For those of you experiencing this issue (jitter).....what are your AFR's at when it happens. My issue is unless I give it alot of gas (from a dead stop) it goes stupid lean and sounds like a Subaru. And while in gear moving if I'm not hauling *** it does the same thing on initial throttle input (after gear shift change). Also if I'm in a slightly higher gear then I should be it does the same thing. Its like throttle tip in/Load related it seems. If this isn't what you all are experiencing, I'll take my woes and go elsewhere. :P Sidenote: Where does one get 8592715. Any notes on whats different from this compared to 88591715. Thanks guys
</p><p>Here's the link to mrfred's jitter fixes:</p><p>https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...ml#post7762320.</p><p>I didn't have an issue with lean throttle tip in. Mine was steady throttle between 1250-2000 rpms and afrs would hover around 12-13. I have since switched to 88592715 and it completely got rid of the issue, however, because my maps were so messed up from the get go, I'm busy retuning everything. Should be ok once I have everything dialed in.</p><p>As for your issue, it sounds like you could adjust one of your async accel tables, but since I've never had lean throttle tip in issues, I can't tell you for sure which one or how to adjust those tables. Good luck.</p>
Old Sep 21, 2015, 08:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks guys. Appreciate the assist.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 04:00 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2018 going on 2019 bump! :O

I experience a jitter issue around 2000-3000 rpm while cruising and wondering if others have a confirmed fix? 1-2-3?

The rom in question is an evo 5/6 sd patched rom 25570300. Im using a definition that has the 3 fixes defined but am wondering if they are defined correctly for this rom..

From reading and much trial and error, i believe that this issue isnt the same as on MAF, but it happens under the same condition, when the throttle is right at the point of acceleration/deceleration, only between the 2-3000 range that i have noticed.

On maf it will cut fuel, decel and then if you move throttle at all, 0.5% the car will jerk back into acceleration, i have found sometimes it to be very violent jerk, and other times silky smooth when applying throttle.. seems to be related to road speed/overrun, if the car is rolling faster that it should usually its smoother, if the car is starting to slow as the road goes uphill slightly, it can jerk hard when the fuel comes back in. not a proper "stutter/jitter" more like an on off cut, rapidly switching - maybe there is correction factors for this? surely is this a function of the code that needs to be addressed when running sd ?
i can imagine trying to fuel correctly at the transition point is where the issue lies and the solution would be to override the load fuel cut off point when running sd? kinda seems like the code is fighting itself in my case, the ipw does drop slightly, but not erractically dropping to zero or anything crazy, mine kinda sounds like an overrun burble and the wideband will lean out, adding throttle makes the car shake, and then will smooth out with more throttle.

after finishing this post im going to read more about the various fixes, but at this stage i am unsure if we are supposed to be enabling, some, all or a certain combo of the 3 fixes. have tried a few so far and none seem to work unless i missed something, still new to the SD setup, but i am certain this is a jitter issue and not my bad tuning :P

Would be awesome to get rid of this as the system seems flawless otherwise, Maximum respect to anyone who helped to develop it this far!
Merry xmas!
Old Jan 6, 2019, 02:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by XxOLIVERxX
2018 going on 2019 bump! :O

I experience a jitter issue around 2000-3000 rpm while cruising and wondering if others have a confirmed fix? 1-2-3?

The rom in question is an evo 5/6 sd patched rom 25570300. Im using a definition that has the 3 fixes defined but am wondering if they are defined correctly for this rom..

From reading and much trial and error, i believe that this issue isnt the same as on MAF, but it happens under the same condition, when the throttle is right at the point of acceleration/deceleration, only between the 2-3000 range that i have noticed.

On maf it will cut fuel, decel and then if you move throttle at all, 0.5% the car will jerk back into acceleration, i have found sometimes it to be very violent jerk, and other times silky smooth when applying throttle.. seems to be related to road speed/overrun, if the car is rolling faster that it should usually its smoother, if the car is starting to slow as the road goes uphill slightly, it can jerk hard when the fuel comes back in. not a proper "stutter/jitter" more like an on off cut, rapidly switching - maybe there is correction factors for this? surely is this a function of the code that needs to be addressed when running sd ?
i can imagine trying to fuel correctly at the transition point is where the issue lies and the solution would be to override the load fuel cut off point when running sd? kinda seems like the code is fighting itself in my case, the ipw does drop slightly, but not erractically dropping to zero or anything crazy, mine kinda sounds like an overrun burble and the wideband will lean out, adding throttle makes the car shake, and then will smooth out with more throttle.

after finishing this post im going to read more about the various fixes, but at this stage i am unsure if we are supposed to be enabling, some, all or a certain combo of the 3 fixes. have tried a few so far and none seem to work unless i missed something, still new to the SD setup, but i am certain this is a jitter issue and not my bad tuning :P

Would be awesome to get rid of this as the system seems flawless otherwise, Maximum respect to anyone who helped to develop it this far!
Merry xmas!
Any Update? Can you please post patches or XML code for the 25570300? I have used this rom many times without any issues, only once I encountered severe jitters at 2000rpm. Strangely the MAF version 25570200 seems more prone to jitters than the SD version, I wonder if you have found a solution for that? Jitters seem to affect modified roms only but never a stock rom.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 03:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
glad to hear from everyone and see this back up again! Hey Mr.Fred! happy holidays and happy new year!!!!!!
i'm on the 94172715 SD 2.0 rom with fix #3 being used. still slight issue here and there....more of an issue is how it wants to stall on decel sometimes after a hard braking. any ideas or fixes for that? i know some ideas were thrown around with timing in low loads cells etc. just wondering if anyone had any solid information.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 01:42 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
subscribed....

9653xx 3D V7 SD with random stutter around 2100 - 2300 rpms...

Only happens on very light throttle when cruising around that rpm... sometimes it happens.. sometimes it does not.

Will be happy to test any new patches....
Old Jan 19, 2019, 12:18 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
as per my above post in reference to SD 25570300 for e5/6 - i have continued to edit igniton retard limits definitions to what i think is correct based on combined information pulled from everywhere.

i am using a definition with 4 different ignition retard limits defined.

-ceddymods antilag ign reatrd for launch control - tested up to -20 degrees - confirmed working
- one in sas/als category - "10a3f ignition retard limit"
- one in timing category - "10a3e ignition retard limit

-newly added "ignition retard limit" - this was explained to me as the "main control" set at -5 or -10 standard, cant recall now, but changed to -20 and i seem to get a maximum of -6 when putting -13 in timing map. not sure if its actually working..

in playing with all this i have managed to get the sas system to activate - then i tried to make it retard more - then it killed it completely, sas doesnt activate anymore, overrun fuel still injects but timing stays at standard map timing of around 30 degrees.
since then i have tried to change xml scalings to return all of these to the defaults and start again, some seriously weird **** is going on here, sometimes the changes make effect, other times they dont, its like the scalings dont match and there only a few vaild inputs - input something wrong and your "missing" targets in the code and it acts strangely.. (half way between coded values?)

im sure that changing the ignition retard limits, spark retard on decel, have somehow effected each other and screwed up the map. im getting symptoms iv never seen before on maf 25570100 AND sd cars when backing off/cruising at light throttle. if you back off sharply but keep it open slightly it results in a strange continuous burble from exhaust and will stay that way until a few seconds pass and it cuts fuel and decels as normal, or you add throttle and it comes back to life again. iv NEVER seen this happen on a maf rom before changing these values. now my maf car replicates the same issue im seeing in SD that i referred to as the jitter issue above. it wont repeatedly stutter/jitter like the sd rom, but burbles and will not accelerate correctly even when timing is normal 29 degrees logged when the issue does arise.

since im seeing a trend with when this issue is occuring im starting to believe the sd jitter is related.
im almost certain alot of the retard limits, spark retard and decel tables are incorrect, or conflicting with each other. or just shouldn't be changed in the manner i have attempted - meaning scalings dont line up with the rom code correctly? i have pulled xmls from all over the place and thinking iv got some incorrect ones. anyone got known working definitions for these settings i can test?

wish i could do more to help but digging through the hex is a little beyond me at this stage