Notices
ECU Flash

not sure i believe my boost error...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2013, 03:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Did a run with mine set the way I said in my last post and the WGDC error seems to be correct, I haven't turned on correction yet but it looks like its gonna work perfectly. If you wanna send me your rom I'll take a look at it for you.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 07:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
pm me your email and ill send it over. i didnt get a chance to look at it today, had to much prep to do for my track day this weekend.

so were you having a similar issue? or just with the max upward table?
Old Sep 5, 2013, 07:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 90zcrex
Well I found this thread by MRFRED, https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...ard-wgdcc.html, about changing the OffsetWGDC scaling to different scalings, Not sure if we are still supposed to do that or not, I will try it out tonight.

I also found why the Upward WGDC table looks weird, there it is not pointing to an address, if you click on edit and under TPS address put in 7284 it should make the tps table look normal.
Not sure if this will help you but just sharing.
finally got a chance to flash/test the above changes. no change...still showing maxxed out positive error reading even tho im logging asically dead on what my request table is set to.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 01:14 PM
Evolved Member

i had been thinking about starting a fresh rom...but im not convinced its a rom issue...

in looking at some things this morning i decided to zero in my map sensor a little big in evoscan since i had a minor mismatch in my map sensor formula vs my boost adder (14.45 map sensor vs 14.2 for boost adder). the test pull i did showed that from 3800rpm to 6000rpm im logging 24.1 to 24.6 psi with my target in the rom being 24.5...yet im logging a maxed out boost error (3.0585, Lthough it does drop into the 2's for a few cells) like im over boosting.

to me, this seems like i have an error somewhere in my ecu boost control setup fundamentals...
Old Oct 20, 2013, 08:38 PM
Evolved Member

welp...just as mysteriously as it wasnt working, it appears i have working boost error now

i dont have time to start playing with correction before my track day next weekend, but it looks like it might work when i do.

i basically discovered this when i went out to do a few pulls to test the ecu boost in cold weather (its in the 40's tonight, and previously hadnt run ecu boost in sub 60 degrees) i had flashed a new map with some small timing changes and NOTHING else. when i was looking at the log i randomly noticed some believable boost error.

explain that one gurus lol.

now i just have to figure out the mysterious 2 degrees of timing at peak load, when the map doesnt have a 2 within 4 columns of the load im hitting.
Old Oct 26, 2013, 10:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
killer, I was following this hoping you would figure out the magic bullet because the behavior I have is essentially exactly the same. Actually much of the log you clipped here is the same I have. Some knock values, but mine will spike to what I haven't figured out yet, if they are real or bogus knock values. My boost error also is not something I understood. I'll have pages of -3.087. Can someone just explain that to me, and maybe that will be a good (re)starting point for me.

random aside note - I know you track like me. Do you daily your evo? If so, how are the ohlins for that? I am considering an investment, but love daily driving my evo.

Didn't want to thread jack, but I wanted to keep the boost error discussions going so I could learn it a bit better.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

i had hoped id find a solution, but based on what i saw its working again. i should probably still start with a fresh tephra install just to see what happens but i havent had time. the knock on the pull does not repeat to other pulls. for some reason last week when i was testing i was logging 2 degrees of timing at peak load (you can see it there as right as the knock starts). this is very odd because to prevent interpolation i have 5 columns to the right of peak load all matching to try and prevent something like that from happening through cell interpolation and it has NEVER happened until last week. i did 3 sets of 3rd gear pulls, every time the first pull had that weird timing drop and then the next two pulls had zero knock....

we can discuss whatever, since this thread never really materialized much insight into the original problem haha.

i dont daily the car anymore, but i often take a 7 hour ride to/from the track. i had bilstein hd's with gtworx springs previously, and they were pretty harsh even on daily driving (thats been my finding on previous cars with bilsteins also). the ohlins (i have the old gerard spec RT's) are awesome for just driving, 8k/10k springs doesnt seem harsh at all unless you hit some decent bumps but just cruising on a decent road its very comfy. i couldnt resist buying them since i got them from a friend for entry level coilover pricing, i had been planning to wait a year and get AST's.

on track they are great. i usually start my day on one setting and go up about 2 clicks per session and even at my somewhat unexperienced level you can definitely feel the understeer decrease with such minor changes. basically worth every penny.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 10:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thanks, I have been researching the ohlins setup, and looking for a used setup. Hard to find, and I guess that pretty much says it all.

I did a few pulls tonight, and it was the first time in a long time, so lots of things were not up to scratch. I wanted to show a log screen shot like you have and show how similar the data is. But without my LC1 working and logging its probably someone pointless to discuss issues without knowing the AFR. I did solve a boost leak issue, but just in those pulls realized my LC1 is just posting a stuck 7.35. Something is busted.

Just to keep this on topic a bit for anyone else, can you explain the -3.087 boost error value, in what is a static situation?
Old Oct 27, 2013, 11:42 PM
Evolved Member

3.087 is the value in the logging formula, so if x in the formula is 0 then it will show -3.087 in the log. i dont know how the system functions during spool though/why X is zero in my log for that section.

my biggest gripe with the ohlins is that i wish the fronts werent inverted, makes adjusting kind of a pain since you have to jack the car up. i dont think you could ever go wrong with ohlins, but the guy i got them from switched over to fortune auto's since he was offered sponsorship, and then spent the summer setting and resetting TT3 track records.