Notices
ECU Flash

Tuning Evo789 ACD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2014, 02:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
No it doesn't affect anything related to reflashing the engine ECU.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 04:01 AM

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
Hi Dave, I found the error causing my ECUFlash crashing.

401404 XML, line 198. Scaling name is incorrect. Change name="SteeringAngle_ACD" to "SteeringAngle".

Cheers.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 01:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
good catch.

v1.43.3000 wont dummy-spit on those type of errors, later versions will.
Just another reason to stick to .3000
Old Mar 3, 2014, 04:13 PM

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
Actually mate, looking further... "SteeringAngle_ACD" is still used in the AYC Rear Diff Proportioning Map. So, "SteeringAngle" will need to be added to the scalings or the scaling ref for the AYC Rear Diff Proportioning Map needs to be changed to "SteeringAngle". Is funny this never caused a crash though. :S

I looked at my version too, and it's one version after the one you use. Will be going back.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Now that Matt Manke at ACD tuning.com appears to have disappeared from the ACD tuning world, is there any one in the USA that is on his level in tuning the 8-9 ACD ECU for street , track or off road use?

Looking for a tuner to do a auto x map and track map given my mods and driving style. Have Spare ACD ECU ready to go.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 03:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maybe we should make a thread where we can share acd maps. this will help people compare their maps to others and also get feedback on their own maps.
Old Mar 9, 2014, 09:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been wanting to tune some ACD maps for others for a while. I have always needed testers but people I have talked to didn't seem interested. I Have been doing it for 3 years on my car with great results. I have only flashed my evo 9 with the stock rear diff and now a upgraded rear diff. I have 2 way coilovers, big rear sway bar, and stock power. The car can swing around easy. Right now I am testing the new 2D maps merline has found. I have been touching up the scaling but still uncertain how accurate my scaling is. The new 2D maps have showed me some new ideas to implement.

I am on stock power so someone with additional power will need delicate touch ups on the ACD tune. This is a reason why I haven't really shared any maps. As much as would like to I am still testing things out. Which is hard to release a finished map that I can trust people with. PM if anyone is interested. I am in SoCal. I'll be happy to help personally and maybe, hopefully put some maps that people can try

Last edited by Malocas; Mar 9, 2014 at 09:38 AM.
Old Mar 9, 2014, 12:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice work in this thread. Very very promising. I actually have an ACD tuned by Matt as well as my stock ACD ECU, both the same versions. My car is up on jackstands right now while I fix some body panel. If I find time, I'm going to pull the ROM from each and see if I can do some comparisons to the changes.

If get to it before someone else does, I'll let you know what I find.
Old Mar 9, 2014, 02:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Malocas
I have been wanting to tune some ACD maps for others for a while. I have always needed testers but people I have talked to didn't seem interested. I Have been doing it for 3 years on my car with great results. I have only flashed my evo 9 with the stock rear diff and now a upgraded rear diff. I have 2 way coilovers, big rear sway bar, and stock power. The car can swing around easy. Right now I am testing the new 2D maps merline has found. I have been touching up the scaling but still uncertain how accurate my scaling is. The new 2D maps have showed me some new ideas to implement.

I am on stock power so someone with additional power will need delicate touch ups on the ACD tune. This is a reason why I haven't really shared any maps. As much as would like to I am still testing things out. Which is hard to release a finished map that I can trust people with. PM if anyone is interested. I am in SoCal. I'll be happy to help personally and maybe, hopefully put some maps that people can try
I have everything, 12plate diff, stg 2tcase with wavetrac, 600+hp, 4.0final drive, stock rear shocks actually but solid diff mount, 25mm rear bar, buschur mustache bar... I can also read and flash... If you want a high hp evo to test something on lemme know
Old Mar 9, 2014, 04:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Malocas

I am in SoCal as well. I am self tuned, but have done nothing not he ACD yet. I have a stock with with the re arrange plate mod, and a 12 plate fully built diff, I alternate. stage 2 shep tcase. I track about 10 days a year, and that is only limited, because I have had a string of years of back luck, and constantly breaking stuff. Slightly more than stock power, but stock 9 turbo. I'll send you a PM with details if you want to try and get together.
Old Mar 9, 2014, 06:33 PM

I have PM some of you that would like to flash and test. Lets see how things go!
Old Mar 12, 2014, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I got no such message... :'-(
Old Mar 13, 2014, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by joseph143
I got no such message... :'-(
well anyone is welcomed to pm me for a personal ACD flash. Just have to be in SoCal and mainly for testing/feedback.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 07:24 PM

Question to All...

Has any newbe been able to Read their ACD ECU?

.....If you can Read it, then i am sure you can write

So my main question is: Has anyone been able to flash the K1 K2 and C1/T1 roms lately?

If you have what are your experiences?

What is your set up?

Has it been good or bad for your set up?

Do you have an untouched REAR LSD or upgraded REAR LSD? (this Part is really important to how the ACD Feels)
thanks for any input

Last edited by Malocas; Mar 13, 2014 at 07:30 PM.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
I've read mine, haven't tried writing yet.

Quick Reply: Tuning Evo789 ACD