Notices
ECU Flash

tuning after cams

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2013, 10:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tuning after cams

Hey all,

I'm having new cams installed and had a tuning question. I've read the beginners guide on how to tune, however, im a bit confused. The guide talks about logging at WOT, but with new cams installed, and no tune beforehand, shouldnt I be trying to aviod WOT since I could damage the engine.

How should I go about logging/tuning?

She is also throwing a code now for the pre-cat O2 sensor (P0134)...will this go away with proper tuning or should i look into getting a replacement?
Old Oct 5, 2013, 01:03 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 152 Likes on 116 Posts
Originally Posted by Travenport
Hey all,

I'm having new cams installed and had a tuning question. I've read the beginners guide on how to tune, however, im a bit confused. The guide talks about logging at WOT, but with new cams installed, and no tune beforehand, shouldnt I be trying to aviod WOT since I could damage the engine.

How should I go about logging/tuning?

She is also throwing a code now for the pre-cat O2 sensor (P0134)...will this go away with proper tuning or should i look into getting a replacement?
Download Evoscan and buy a Tactrix 1.3U from http://www.evoscan.com/evoscan-gps-o...flashing-cable

Learn to log before you start changing anything.
Old Oct 5, 2013, 01:25 AM
Evolved Member

You will need to replace the oxygen sensor.

As for the tune, I'd ask around for some examples of what adjustments to the map you should be making to get you in the ball park. Or you could run an AEM fail safe wideband to stop you melting stuff.
Old Oct 5, 2013, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by cdrinkh2o
Download Evoscan and buy a Tactrix 1.3U from http://www.evoscan.com/evoscan-gps-o...flashing-cable

Learn to log before you start changing anything.
ive got an openport cable already and have logged it before cams, however with new cams in on stock maps I've read that WOT isnt safe.

So how do i go about logging if I cant WOT?
Old Oct 5, 2013, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by AndyCT9W
You will need to replace the oxygen sensor.

As for the tune, I'd ask around for some examples of what adjustments to the map you should be making to get you in the ball park. Or you could run an AEM fail safe wideband to stop you melting stuff.
thanks for the suggestion
Old Oct 6, 2013, 02:19 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Get your cams broken in and then go about tuning. If they truly are stock maps then you won't have to worry about your AFR's being too lean. Have you even fired up the car for the first time? Also it says you're in Wichita so you're fairly local to me (3.5 hrs). I might be able to help you some unless I'm too far out of your way for that.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by MercenaryX2
Get your cams broken in and then go about tuning. If they truly are stock maps then you won't have to worry about your AFR's being too lean. Have you even fired up the car for the first time? Also it says you're in Wichita so you're fairly local to me (3.5 hrs). I might be able to help you some unless I'm too far out of your way for that.
Thanks man ill shoot you a pm