Notices
ECU Flash

Safest way to go back to a stock ecu?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2013, 01:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Safest way to go back to a stock ecu?

Posted this in EVO general but I think this is more appropriate part of the forums.
How do I go back to a stock ecu? I currently have an apexi power fc stand alone when I bought the car but Its not working out for me. The car doesn't have much mods. Mostly bolt ons. I bought an ecu off the forums, so what's the safest way to go about this? I have a tactrix 1.3u cable on the way. Do I use evoscan or mitsulogger? Please Help me out. Thanks.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 11:40 AM
Evolved Member

sent you a pm
Old Dec 31, 2013, 11:52 AM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I (like you) am going back to a stock ecu, it depends how you're setup currently and what sensors you have.
For example, I do not have a stock MAF, narrow band o2, fuel pressure sensor, im sure im missing some others.
I'm trying to decide if getting a sensor like the fuel pressure is even worth it. My guess is probably not. Might be able to turn any code that would throw, off.

*edit* I'm also reading up on a worrying issue about the immobilizer that I can't seem to get an answer to on how to A: turn that off or B: (preferable) program it for my key.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by cerevo
I (like you) am going back to a stock ecu, it depends how you're setup currently and what sensors you have.
For example, I do not have a stock MAF, narrow band o2, fuel pressure sensor, im sure im missing some others.
I'm trying to decide if getting a sensor like the fuel pressure is even worth it. My guess is probably not. Might be able to turn any code that would throw, off.

*edit* I'm also reading up on a worrying issue about the immobilizer that I can't seem to get an answer to on how to A: turn that off or B: (preferable) program it for my key.
Yeah the immobilized part is confusing me too. I've read that it's a must do when switching back to stock ecu. Anyone have opinions on this.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 05:10 PM

From what I've read, A wide band/afr gauge is mandatory. It would help to have a boost gauge and oil pressure gauge. Just my two cents.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 07:20 PM
Evolved Member

I can take care of the immobilizer part. Just make sure you get the proper sensors for the stock ecu.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 07:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by OPENA(671)
From what I've read, A wide band/afr gauge is mandatory. It would help to have a boost gauge and oil pressure gauge. Just my two cents.
While those are essential for tuning, they aren't required for switching to stock ecu from a standalone as those aren't installed from the factory.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 08:01 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LGshow19
I can take care of the immobilizer part. Just make sure you get the proper sensors for the stock ecu.
I have since found out how to disable it, that'll at least get it running. I don't have a code from the original Ecu for my car though.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 10:00 AM
Evolved Member

I have since found out how to disable it, that'll at least get it running. I don't have a code from the original Ecu for my car though.
That car wont have a immobilizer is all.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 06:36 AM
Evolving Member

Right, my problem is I don't know how I would get my code for my key/fob to turn the immobilizer back on later. Is it just never going to work again unless I find where my stock ecu went?
Old Jan 2, 2014, 06:53 AM
Evolved Member

Right, my problem is I don't know how I would get my code for my key/fob to turn the immobilizer back on later. Is it just never going to work again unless I find where my stock ecu went?
You might be able to go to a mitsudealer ship and have a key made for your current ecu.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 11:00 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
the immobilizer is a joke anyway. I wouldnt put any effort into getting that working again. If you are worried about it, install a kill switch somewhere to cut power to the fuel pump or something.