Notices
ECU Flash

Car Won't Start - Ecuflash/Tephra

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2015, 05:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car Won't Start - Ecuflash/Tephra

I bought my Evo a few months ago with a good bit of work already done to it. I recently picked up a Tetrix 1.3u cable to do some minor adjustments to the tune and understand the ecu a bit better. I have done tuning on other cars in the past.

I'm having issues to get my car to start. The car's original flash didn't get picked up with any stock xml. When I added the tephra xml's it seemed to pick up 94170715 which would make sense for my 2004. However, when I made some changes and flashed the car wouldn't start. I then copied my tune over to the 94170715-TephraMod-Fix file, and it still wouldn't start. Additionally, I flashed back the original flash I saved when I first brought up ecuflash and it still won't start. I have looked at the immobilizer stuff and I have tried to disable it, as well as have it enabled with the original immobilizer code. No luck.

Now about two weeks ago I actually had this same issue after I stalled it in a parking lot (idiot). The car hums and whines it just doesn't crank. Power all seems to be good in the car. Eventually the other day the car just fired up after a few minutes and then threw a cam sensor code. I cleared it and it hasn't come back. I'm not sure if this is just bad luck and whatever problem I had a few weeks ago came back before I flashed it or if I caused it by the flash.

Any help appreciated.
Old May 8, 2015, 03:36 AM

Tried to start it again this morning to see if it was just flooded or something. No go.

Here are is my tephra rom and the tephra xml I am using.

Edit: Also, the car still reads the current rom, and flashes successfully. When it finishes flashing the rom, something clicks in the car. Could there be a bad fuse or something?
Attached Files
File Type: bin
tephra.bin (256.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: xml
TephraMOD-94170715-v7.xml (75.6 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Creatre; May 8, 2015 at 04:45 AM.
Old May 11, 2015, 05:09 PM

Ended up having nothing to do with flashing, just randomly bad timing! Loose wire in the engine bay. Back on the road.