Notices

Flex Fuel testing in TephraXMOD V3

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2016, 05:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
roms

Originally Posted by tephra
ok, i've updated some of the "in test" ROM's into "good to go" status...

up next is 2008/2009 USDM MR (52690022).. should be ready real soon!
hey tephra how do i go about getting full list of jdm roms for evo 7-9 yes im willing to donate can you pleasepm me with details

cheers bud
Old Jul 30, 2016, 09:59 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
Hey Chris - not really sure what your after...

if you want you can email me direct on <myforumname>@gmail.com
Old Aug 1, 2016, 09:52 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just paid for V3, should be getting tuned in a couple weeks
Old Aug 18, 2016, 10:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It seems a number of things has changed going to the V3. Correct me if I am wrong. When I upgraded to the V3 the settings I setup for the aem wideband failsafe are no longer available.

ECU configuration:

Alternate Map Master - 4 (Resistor/Ground ADC)
Alternate Map Load Threshold - 360 - this ceiling had to be set even though it should not apply to ADC map switching
Alternate Map Time to Activate - 10 ms - for maximum responsiveness
Alternate Map ADC Threshold - the default 2.0 V

Have I lost the ability to use the ground signal from the AEM failsafe to trigger an alternative map? If not, what is the proper settings to do this as well as setup the v3 so that during a certain knock threshold that this same or another alternative map is triggered.

I am a bit confused how to setup all the alternative map options in the V3. These are the 2 conditions I would like to setup. Again, I would like to use the ground signal as well as a specific knock count to trigger an alternative maps, and settings.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 05:08 PM
EvoM Guru

Hi Andy,

You could never use knocksum to swap maps??

Otherwise methsafe (which you are using for safe maps triggered by the aem) hasn't changed from v1/v2

Regards
D.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 05:24 PM

Great, thanks for the crystal clear answer. So Methsafe is the setting I want to use. Perfect, with the additional wording it threw me off if that was still the correct one to adjust. Because before I was pretty sure it was Alternate Map Master, unlike now it's Methsafe/Alternate Map Master. I just wanted to be sure 100 percent that was the same table. Thanks for that.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 05:39 PM
EvoM Guru

Hey Andy,

Yeh V3 breaks out the map selection a bit, because in V1 you could get into trouble by hitting too many conditions..

so yeh, you want to enable methsafe as altmap master, then choose resistoradc as the methsafe switcher...
Old Aug 18, 2016, 06:52 PM

Excellent, thanks again for the clarification.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 04:57 PM
EvoM Guru

Hi All,

Over the last week I have had 3 reports of issues with NLTS & flexfuel.

Essentially, and unfortunately, there is a bug in V3 which messes up the NLTS rev limiter when running on FlexFuel mode. This will only affect you when NLTS is enabled & you use it at least once..

I am going to come up with a patch to fix it, so give me a couple of days, but if your not using NLTS then you dont need to worry.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 09:50 AM

Hey Tephra. I upgraded from V2 to V3 finally a few days ago. I copied over all of my maps/tables from V2-->V3, and uploaded it to the car. Now I am tinkering with the flexfuel injector scalings and I am having good success.

I've owned the car since Octoberish 2015, and never had a CEL. From changing from V2 to V3 I did not change anything else other than the tune. Now I keep getting P0139 DTC. I have the DTC P0139 setting under Misc "Enabled", but it doesn't seem to prevent the light from coming on. Is there something else I am missing? I appreciate your help!

Old Sep 23, 2016, 03:12 AM
EvoM Guru

in your V2 ROM is P0139 disabled or enabled?

i think enabled means allow the DTC to popup...
Old Sep 26, 2016, 12:10 PM

Live Tuner

Hello Tephra and any one else

I have problems with the latest version of the Live Tuner, get XML: :error. The Y axis for map "Injector Battery Voltage Latency Compensation" dosen´t match the ROM, check the map & axis definition in Ecuflash.

Rom ID 55570006 XMOD V3

Thanks Henrik / Sweden
Old Sep 26, 2016, 04:09 PM
EvoM Guru

Ecuflash has the wrong axis for this table...

This:
Code:
<table name="Injector Battery Voltage Latency Compensation" address="556d0" scaling="InjectorLatency">
	<table name="Battery Voltage" address="6536a"/>
</table>
Should be this:
Code:
<table name="Injector Battery Voltage Latency Compensation" address="556d0" scaling="InjectorLatency">
	<table name="Battery Voltage" address="61082"/>
</table>
Old Oct 3, 2016, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Tephra
Can you please beat up on Cobb a little and make a flex fuel option for us AP users!! unfortunately they are one of the closest tuners by me.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 04:12 PM

Hi guys, I know this isn't the install section, but searched and can't find anything conclusive.
I am finally getting around to installing my Zeitronix ECA, so I can tune for E85.
I used Tephra's install directions for the ECA analog signal to tap into the fuel tank differential pressure sensor, but want to make sure I have the right harness and wire.
Anyone have a picture or can confirm that I have the correct wire harness under the dash?
Also, am I just tapping into the fuel tank diff pressure sensor wire or am I disconnecting the sensor like installing a wideband O2 in the place of the stock rear O2?

*edit* I decided to tap into the brown wire of the fuel tank pressure sensor at the fuel tank for two reasons. 1)100% sure it was the correct wire 2) the wire harness under the dash was so cramped.
David was also kind enough to confirm that I needed to terminate the sensor wire from the sensor before connecting the ECA ethanol % analog signal wire.
Thanks!

Left front driver's side harness has the blue marker and the brown wire in the center. The harness is to the left of the clutch pedal pivot in the picture.

Last edited by stocker77; Oct 18, 2016 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Update to my questions.

Quick Reply: Flex Fuel testing in TephraXMOD V3