Lean Spool AFR mapping table

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2015, 05:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Lean Spool AFR mapping table

Hi to all,

MrFred, 03whitegsr, recompile, merlin and other guru's

I need the addresses for the LS AFR map tables for 96940011 as I am finally finished with the tune with LS disabled and want to re-enable and tune the LS tables for better part throttle response without going too lean and too rich when beating on it. :-)

Addresses needed for : Lean Spool Load threshold, Lean spool trailing time ( rich side ), Lean spool trailing time ( lean side ); Lean Spool AFR mapping

Dont want to switch to 96530706 or the 94XXXXXX series. Too many issues on my car with those.

It used to be up here but the bug introduced a few weeks ago took care of that :-(

Please post it up or send it as text to my inbox. It is much appreciated !!!!

Milburn

Last edited by WRC-LVR; Sep 12, 2015 at 06:53 PM. Reason: make it clear
Old Sep 15, 2015, 06:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lean spool AFR mapping = 308e
base AFR = 5c48

I might be able to find the other ones you're looking for as well, if I find it and/or have time, I'll follow-up with another response.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 08:45 PM

lean spool load = 307a
lean spool trailing (rich) = 3052
lean spool trailing (lean) = 3066

RPM = 5c22

The address for rpm is the same for all three of these tables.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 10:21 PM

Also, take those addresses with a grain of salt. I haven't tested them (I don't have an evo). I just disassembled the rom you mentioned and made a few very educated guesses. The tables look the same as my VR4 though, so I'm 98% sure they're right.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 07:55 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
Originally Posted by JaxTheArsonist
Also, take those addresses with a grain of salt. I haven't tested them (I don't have an evo). I just disassembled the rom you mentioned and made a few very educated guesses. The tables look the same as my VR4 though, so I'm 98% sure they're right.
i love the 98% qualifier. did you estimate based on relative location of the table or based on call from the same subroutines?
Old Sep 16, 2015, 02:32 PM

Didn't just guess based on relative location, the memory models used by the evo5/6/3000gt have a number of differences between evo7/8. The first values I posted were based on subroutine calls. For trailing rich/lean, I realized that the calibrations might be the same between my rom and the evo8, since I'm running Greg's Chrome rom which has some additional routines from the evo5/6. I searched for the same hex string and figured if the offsets were close to where I suspected they'd be (relative to other tables in the evo rom whose locations I already knew, not locations of tables in the VR4 rom), I was probably on the right track. Sure enough they were, in fact it was the only match (which makes sense, searching for a unique 14 bytes in 256K isn't going to give you a lot of hits). At that point it was getting later and I was getting hungry and I wanted to finish up, the only offset I still needed was RPM. Now there are a number of identical RPM tables and in theory you could arbitrarily pick one and it would work (as a guide for tuning the other table from the perspective of ecuflash). Obviously if you changed any values in the RPM table itself it would have no bearing on what you were trying to accomplish and if you had picked a table that was used for important stuff (fueling, etc), you could be in some deep dung. So I picked the rpm table that seemed to be in the right place and then checked to make sure it wasn't being used for anything really important and called it good.

Glad you asked though, it keeps people honest.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 02:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
I dont have a copy of the 96940011 rom.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 06:44 PM
Evolved Member

Merlin,

I can send a 96940011 rom and xml to you if you IM me an email address. Uses evo7base .xml as well obviously

thanks for the reply and work to all.
Old Sep 26, 2015, 04:40 AM
Evolved Member

memer02@att.net

See attached word file for the evo7base.xml defined tables and the 2005 USDM 96940011.xml that needs the addresses. i also attached the my latest 94940011 ROM and the 96940011.xml from Ecuflash 1.44 and the latest evo7base.xml as well.

Damn bug here wont allow me to copy paste text from the xml, it wont display it ...grrrrr

Merlin or MrFred or any others , can you look at the rom and post back the correct addresses for the four listed tables ?

It would be very much appreciated !!

Once i get it edited and confirm it works, i will upload the edited .xml so that all the other 2005 owners can have it

Thanks, Milburn
Attached Files
File Type: xml
evo7base.xml (52.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: bin
96940011 LS disabled.bin (256.0 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by WRC-LVR; Sep 26, 2015 at 05:07 AM.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 06:57 PM
Evolved Member

Bump for some goodness from the rom digging guru's :-)
Old Oct 9, 2015, 08:44 PM
Evolved Member

2 week old bump
Old Oct 11, 2015, 08:44 AM
Evolved Member

Mrfred,

your IM inbox is full so cant send anything to it :-)
Old Oct 11, 2015, 08:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JaxTheArsonist
Didn't just guess based on relative location, the memory models used by the evo5/6/3000gt have a number of differences between evo7/8. The first values I posted were based on subroutine calls. For trailing rich/lean, I realized that the calibrations might be the same between my rom and the evo8, since I'm running Greg's Chrome rom which has some additional routines from the evo5/6. I searched for the same hex string and figured if the offsets were close to where I suspected they'd be (relative to other tables in the evo rom whose locations I already knew, not locations of tables in the VR4 rom), I was probably on the right track. Sure enough they were, in fact it was the only match (which makes sense, searching for a unique 14 bytes in 256K isn't going to give you a lot of hits). At that point it was getting later and I was getting hungry and I wanted to finish up, the only offset I still needed was RPM. Now there are a number of identical RPM tables and in theory you could arbitrarily pick one and it would work (as a guide for tuning the other table from the perspective of ecuflash). Obviously if you changed any values in the RPM table itself it would have no bearing on what you were trying to accomplish and if you had picked a table that was used for important stuff (fueling, etc), you could be in some deep dung. So I picked the rpm table that seemed to be in the right place and then checked to make sure it wasn't being used for anything really important and called it good.

Glad you asked though, it keeps people honest.
Those addresses you listed are NOT correct at all. And neither are the scalings you listed . Much better if you have the actual rom and yes the scalings have to be exact too.

i appreciate your trying though. And hope your evo time is great !!

Milburn aka WRC_LVR
Old Oct 12, 2015, 04:26 PM
Evolved Member

Try these addresses:

LS load threshold scaling rpm address 5c22 or 59fa; load scaling load8 address 3079
LS Trailing time Rich scaling rpm address 5c22 or 59fa; units scaling uint8 address 3052
LS trailing time Lean scaling rpm address 5c22 or 59fa; unis scaling uint8 address 3066
LS AFR Mapping scaling AFR address 308e; base AFR scaling AFR16 address 5c48

I was wrong about the addresses that Jax provided, most appear ok. so this just needs verifying by mrfred now. Thanks to Jax !!

The evo7base.xml needed editing for those 2d tables and the "x axis" replaced with "y axis" on the 2d tables. Ditto for the 96940011.xml

The table values appear correct, very similar to the Tephra v7 96530706 tables.

I will start doing the LS tuning using these and minimal values and see where i get. If anyone knows for sure something is not right with what I posted, then please IM me quickly.

Appreciate it.....

Last edited by WRC-LVR; Oct 12, 2015 at 04:31 PM.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 07:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
Just having a look at this ROM now, it is a bit of an odd one for sure.

Quick Reply: Lean Spool AFR mapping table