Notices

Definitions

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2020, 04:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Definitions

I got all my cables in today finally, and hooked everything up. I started with just reading the ECU, however I pulled a ROM image the ECUflash does not have a definition for.
I'm a little confused because I can't find the ROM id anywhere in order to get the definition file. The only bit of information I could gather was the "Memory Model"
I've done a bit of searching as I'm sure others have had the same issue, but everyone else seems to have a ROM ID to work with.

Any insight?
I have a 2010 X SST, using Openport 2.0. The car has been previously tuned, and I'm fairly certain it has tephra as well.

*Edit
I went further and specified to create a definition, and chose to inherit one of the 4 USDM '10 EvoX options. Just for the fun of it, I tried all 4, and got the same ID 55580306
This would seem to agree with Tephra being installed already.
However I can't find an XML for this ID using google. Should I search for an XML with 55580006?

*Edit2
So I told ECU flash to inherit 55580006, which was already in ECUflash's library, but I still can't see any of the properties of my current map. I'm not sure where to go from here :\ I'm just trying to read what's on the car, and make a few changes. I also made sure I installed the registry edit that allows me to flash v3.

Last edited by Warhawker; Jan 6, 2020 at 04:49 PM.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 07:38 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
Originally Posted by Warhawker
I got all my cables in today finally, and hooked everything up. I started with just reading the ECU, however I pulled a ROM image the ECUflash does not have a definition for.
I'm a little confused because I can't find the ROM id anywhere in order to get the definition file. The only bit of information I could gather was the "Memory Model"
I've done a bit of searching as I'm sure others have had the same issue, but everyone else seems to have a ROM ID to work with.

Any insight?
I have a 2010 X SST, using Openport 2.0. The car has been previously tuned, and I'm fairly certain it has tephra as well.

*Edit
I went further and specified to create a definition, and chose to inherit one of the 4 USDM '10 EvoX options. Just for the fun of it, I tried all 4, and got the same ID 55580306
This would seem to agree with Tephra being installed already.
However I can't find an XML for this ID using google. Should I search for an XML with 55580006?

*Edit2
So I told ECU flash to inherit 55580006, which was already in ECUflash's library, but I still can't see any of the properties of my current map. I'm not sure where to go from here :\ I'm just trying to read what's on the car, and make a few changes. I also made sure I installed the registry edit that allows me to flash v3.
send me a PM, I can help
Old Jan 6, 2020, 08:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thanks, I sent you a message.