ECU Flash

ICS control for Tephra V7, specifically 8859

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2016, 05:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
ICS control for Tephra V7, specifically 8859

Hello.
I know this has been requested before in the Tephra thread but I'm hoping someone in the know, with the required skill set, might find the time to add the full Intercooler Spray Control definitions to Tephra V7 so people using it, 88590715 in my case, can gain control of this system.

My tuner and I use Tephra V7 for all the other benefits it provides but one thing missing is any form of control, automated or manual, of this system. I personally have bypassed the ECU completely to gain manual control of the sprayer, via the switch on the centre console, but this is far from ideal. I know a lot of people dismiss this system but I at least find that there is a benefit to running it, especially on the hot summer days here in Australia.

Another benefit of having some control of this system is that it allows for map switching via the rocker switch on the centre console.

Having some form of auto control of the system allows it to be instigated by knock events, by a combination of load and coolant temperatures, by speed, by throttle position or by load alone (I think).

I tried to included the lines from the xml file from original rom on my car (88580014), an Australian delivered Evo 9, even though these functions are greyed out on Ecuflash, not allowing any real control of the system even for people running the original map supplied with he car. Apparently the coding issue on EvoM is still present because I can't get it to load, if anyone wants this please just PM me and I can email/PM it to you.

According to this document MRT Performance, an Australian parts and tuning business, do offer, as part of there very expensive and ineffective tuning package, full control of the sprayer system, but this is on 8858 AUD evo roms.

http://www.mrtperformance.com.au/ima...IX-ICSpray.pdf

I only have a rudimentary knowledge of these systems and have no idea how much work would be involved in adding this definition but hopefully someone in the know will be able to have a look at it.