Notices
ECU Flash

Faulty injectors causing Fuel Pressure issue?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2016, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Faulty injectors causing Fuel Pressure issue?

Hi, could faulty injectors cause an after market FPR gauge to read lower than base PSI after proper adjustment of said FPR. Set it, drive for 2 hours, and it reads lower than supposed to, or even higher than supposed to. Also throwing a code now for Runnin Rich condition.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 06:50 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
maybe if they where just dumping more fuel then the pump could supply, but thats probably not happening.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 09:10 PM
Evolved Member

Piston 1 and 2 spark plugs are fouled. Piston 3 and 4 are perfect. Piston 1 and 4 are driven by a coil, piston 2 and 3 are driven by a coil. This is not an ignition issue. FPR will read hi or low each day, no matter what adjustment I make. I assume FPR is good, since it is new, and only has about 2k miles on it. Threw a p0172 code which is rich condition code. Trims yes are fluctuating, currently both at -10 on the settings. I have had issues with getting the injectors dialed in, and even when I get them to what seems to be close, Trims will still fluctuate to say they are out of adjustment. I am thinking that Injector 1 and 2 are finally done, and leaking so badly that they are malfunctioning under standard operating conditions.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 07:37 PM
Evolved Member

Swapped the FIC 1350's out to the PTE 1200 Lucas Disc Style Injectors. Currently in the process of adjusting latencies. Pressure is holding on the FPR. We will see later tonight, and or in the morning if it changed again. Also, AEM talked to me today about the wrong Orifice being installed internally. It is .1" orifice set to 40 psi. Road Race Engineering and others recommended I change the orifice to the Gold .2" orifice to correct return line pressure out of the AEM FPR.

We will see what happens.