Notices
ECU Flash

Setting up ALS (slightly unusual)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2016, 07:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Setting up ALS (slightly unusual)

So. I've got a Lancer GSR (1995). I'm swapping in a 6 bolt block/7 bolt head engine, so I'll be getting an Evo III Intake manifold for it, along with the secondary air system parts. I run an Evo VII ECU, with Tephrav7 and have an Openport 2.0

Basically, I'd like to be able to run proper antilag for the Tarmac sprint events I plan on competing in, but am not 100% sure on what I will need. Thoughts?
Old Aug 6, 2016, 08:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm pretty much doing the same thing, haven't got the Evo III manifold yet though and running an Evo VIII Ecu. You will need Tephra rom and xml that has the Anti-lag routines in it, I ended up having to buy it from Tephra for the VIII. In addition to that you will need to run a solenoid, like the EGR solenoid or FPR solenoid to the correct pins on the ECU and plumb it between the SAS valve and intake manifold, so when the solenoid is activated by the ECU it has vacuum there to open the SAS valve and let air through from the intercooler piping to the Manifold/head and through to the exhaust ports.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 08:13 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by Assault
I'm pretty much doing the same thing, haven't got the Evo III manifold yet though and running an Evo VIII Ecu. You will need Tephra rom and xml that has the Anti-lag routines in it, I ended up having to buy it from Tephra for the VIII. In addition to that you will need to run a solenoid, like the EGR solenoid or FPR solenoid to the correct pins on the ECU and plumb it between the SAS valve and intake manifold, so when the solenoid is activated by the ECU it has vacuum there to open the SAS valve and let air through from the intercooler piping to the Manifold/head and through to the exhaust ports.

Drill the manifold, horizontal transfer ports out to 3/8" 8-10mm, drill the banjo bolts as much as you can too. The flow limiting device is the control valve. It has a check valve that is rather prohibitive. Give it a shot. You will not see BOOST in the manifold. It does not work like that. Stay MAF and log your maf with the system on and the system off. Ultimately you will need an ignition and fuel map specifically for when the system is on. Simply use the map switch harness and ground the (ground) to the low side of the ecu driver for the solenoise. This will turn on alternative maps when the sad solenoid is active.

HTH
Old Aug 7, 2016, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
evo 3 manifold doesnt have sas .